Doug Shows officiating tonight’s game

Photo via ESPN

According to our good friend Oscar Combs, Doug Shows is officiating tonight’s game, along with Michael Stephens and Tim Gattis. If you’ll remember, Shows has a soft spot for Calipari and the Big Blue Nation, giving them the benefit of the doubt on questionable calls.

Just kidding. He hates us. Could Cal get his first technical of the year tonight?

9 Comments for Doug Shows officiating tonight’s game

1. Jeremy
    5:16 pm November 25, 2013 Permalink

This guy will call a tech on cal from the other side of the court….

2. Beavis
    5:22 pm November 25, 2013 Permalink

Only thing that could make this any better,,,Bobby Knight doing the color. Speaking of Knight, Shows kind of looks like him.

3. DB11
    5:28 pm November 25, 2013 Permalink

Let’s hope that those attending the game will give him a LOUD opinion.

4. CATSCATSCATS
    5:38 pm November 25, 2013 Permalink

Eww, those jerseys, and that game.

5. Rei
    5:39 pm November 25, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know how that guy has a job.

6. Head of Officials
    5:39 pm November 25, 2013 Permalink

I have lectured Shows time and time again about drinking too heavily on the day of a game. In response to his latest transgression, and let me be real clear about the severity of this matter, I have imposed one of our stiffest penalties, the Pitino suspension. The league cannot and will not tolerate such behavior and I do not expect him to call any games prior to January 2014, if then. It is my opinion that he cannot appropriately rectify his actions any sooner than January, but to be honest I doubt if he will call any games the remainder of this season. In order to clarify the punitive nature of this penalty, you, as fans, should know that Doug will not be permitted to call any league games until he has ,beyond a doubt, proven that he has reformed his actions in accordance with my demands.

News Release: As of today, Shows has rejoined the SEC officiating family. To my surprise he did everything that I asked of him while serving the harsh Pitino suspension. Quiet frankly, I had written him off….did not think he could adhere to my stiff request.

Final Note: Please be aware that anyone who choses to criticize my actions in the handling of this matter had better think about what will happen when the roll is called up yonder.

• Beavis
      5:42 pm November 25, 2013 Permalink

hehehe, you said “stiff request”

7. Riggo
    5:43 pm November 25, 2013 Permalink

Off topic….but……Did anyone hear the “play by play guy” say Tardinal instead of Tar Heal during the UofL vs UNC game…..I laughed.

8. Cincy Cayt
    5:52 pm November 25, 2013 Permalink

Didn’t Matt make Shows mad once? Also, didn’t Cal and Shows make up over the summer…maybe at N. Augusta?