Doron Lamb warned Devin Booker that it’s going to be tough

Joe Robbins | Getty Images

No former Wildcat is better on Twitter (or worse, depending on how you see it) than Doron Lamb. When he’s not asking “Who up” or “Who play 2day,” Doron is tweeting pictures of his socks, breakfast and his socks again. “Chillen rite now” and “Watchin Martin” are two more of his hobbies.

Today, Doron took a break from “Eat D. Lamb” to warn an incoming shooting guard about playing at UK when he asked Devin Booker if he is ready for the wrath of John Calipari.

“U ready to get yell at next year lol,” Doron asked, which thrown into the KSR Doron Lamb Tweet Translator reads, “Are you ready to get yelled at next year? Laugh out loud.”

Booker said he doesn’t have a choice. He has to be ready.

“lol ok get ready cuz it goin to b tuff at first,” Doron said. (Translation: Laugh out loud, ok get ready because it is going to be tough at first.)

Soon we’ll find out if Devin Booker gets yelled at as he is forced into action, or if he occasionally gets yelled at while backing up Aaron Harrison. Hopefully it’s the latter.

Article written by Drew Franklin

22 Comments for Doron Lamb warned Devin Booker that it’s going to be tough

1. CatFan4Life
    12:18 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I love Coach Cal, but I said all year long, sit down and stop yelling at these guys so much! You’re getting in their heads and they can’t even concentrate on basic basketball!!!! He needs to chill a little.

• tltaworl
      12:34 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

3 final fours in 5 years.

• #L1C4
      12:49 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

2 Final Fours in 2 years

• MJ4UK
      1:03 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Talk to us after 5 L1C4gotten

• Bizzaro World
      3:16 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Don’t you mean 2 Final 4s in 13 yrs? Or if you want to use the last 5 yrs, 2 Final 4s in past 5 years including 0-2 vs UK in the tourney. Lol- no matter how you slice L1C4, you still come up short.

2. Morehead Cat
    12:19 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I’m disappointed that those tweets didn’t say “Don’t Geek” anywhere

3. mamma
    12:33 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Sounds like someone needs to go home and cry to Mamma. It’s College Basketball. It’s intense and demanding….Calm Down.
    At least he doesn’t make players sit on a toilet during halftime or ride in the equipment bus…or throws chairs, or chocks them, or head butts them….etccccc

• Doron Lamb
      1:47 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Yea because thats what I was doing. I wasn’t joking or anything. I Was complaining about Cal yelling at me 3 years ago, and I hated so much that I was out of there after one season… oh wait.

4. But Really...
    1:01 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Doron was always getting yelled at because he and TJones were always doing stupid stuff. That’s the problem

• Coach Kiz-Al
      1:50 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Actually Doron was one of the more efficient players we had BOTH years he was here. Shot a high percentage especially from 3. Didn’t force shots. Rarely turned the ball over. Ran the plays. Played hard on defense. Some people actually thought he should have ran point for us over Teaque.

Honestly Knight and Jones were up and down but Lamb was pretty steady.

5. CatFan4Life
    1:01 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

So, “Mamma,” you like being yelled at while you’re “working?” RIGHT???!!! I’m sure it helps your concentration level a bunch! These are kids and kids tend to shut down if they are constantly yelled at. Obviously Lamb wasn’t in love with the idea either! And, I’m sure Cal could still have the same success if he just chills a little.

• Mamma
      3:37 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Kids? Kids?
      I’m sorry I thought they were adults old enough to vote and die for our country! I’m so sorry I didn’t understand cal was yelling at little children who weren’t a year away from being professional players. You’re right cal need to give them hugs while singing them lullabies and changing their dirty underpants

Stop complaining about cal and be a real fan. The man has done an awesome job the last 5 years so go suckon Pitino

6. Ryan Lemond
    1:03 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Nice to see that stellar UK education is paying off in Doron’s tweets.

7. DW
    1:06 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Let’s not forget NIT out first round Robert Morris as well. There was a lot turmoil on that team and it started with attitudes both from players and coaches. I agree it’s college basketball and it’s time to toughen up however kids these days don’t respond to that type of negativity. Don’t know if it’s just pride, lack of tough parenting, or just a different era… either way to be an effective leader you have to know which kids can take it and which kids can’t. I love coach Cal and everything he’s done for our program but I do think there were times it got a little out of hand… and if you were watching, his attitude and sideline demeanor was a pretty big tweak was well which led to a very successful post season.

On the other hand I wasn’t very fond of Doron’s tweet… no point in being negative to a future player… espeically when the yelling obviously helped him get to where he is. Time and place for everything.

8. Al B. Frank
    1:21 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Cal has been at UK for FIVE years and made FOUR appearances in the Elite 8.

In the last FOUR years, UK (under Cal’s leadership) has been to THREE Final 4’s.

In the last THREE years, as a UK Coach Cal has led his team to TWO National Title Games.

Yet the trolls constantly bring up the one year, out of FIVE, that Kentucky failed to make the tournament… and had we not lost our best player due to injury, that very well may have been a different story as well.

By way of comparison, I count 13 years that Pitino has coached UofL. In those 13 seasons, I only see one appearance in the Title Game. I only see THREE appearances in 13 seasons in the Final Four. I count TWO NIT appearances, and SEVEN seasons of ten losses or more (that’s over half, for you math geniuses out there).

So, let’s stop bringing up Cal’s ONE NIT season as an example of his failures… at least until he makes it a habit, or until his and Pitino’s (at Louisville) success rates average out.

9. Ten loss Cal
    1:25 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

thats right lamb…I yelled your ass to the D league

• Bizzaro World
      3:20 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Somewhere he’s never played- makes sense.

• 10 loss Pitino
      5:56 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Read above on Pitino losing 10 games over half of his seasons. On average more than every other year.

10. Why are we bashing Lamb again?
    1:38 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

So why are people bashing Doron? Because he said that Devin Booker was going to get yelled at? That is objectively true. I don’t think he meant it as a negative connotation. He was just telling him it was going to be tough. (Albeit in a joking manner) He NEVER implied it wasn’t good coaching.

Obviously it didn’t bother him too much HE CAME BACK FOR A SECOND YEAR! Seriously sometimes BBN is too easily butt-hurt over the most minute things.

11. Ace
    3:16 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

It looks like they need lessons in grammar….don’t make comments if it appears that you are a third-grader based on your grammatical skills.

12. tez
    4:07 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

what yall think about Marylands Nick Faust transferring to KY?

13. Hendo Blue