Doron Lamb wants to be the Y

Doron Lamb isn’t exactly subtle when it comes to Twitter, and last night, he dropped some major hints that he wants to be the Y at a Kentucky game:

You know what would be a good birthday present? Being the Y at Kentucky’s exhibition game against Kentucky State on November 6. Does UK Deputy Director of Athletics DeWayne Peevy agree?

Doron being the Y would be even better if he read some of his “Y” related tweets at midcourt.

“Y she say that lol #goodfriend”

“Y he didn’t tell her smh”

“Y do girls wear all that makeup if they gonna be scared to go out without it that how u really look tho”

“Y they pay for girls at uofl lol”

(Only some of these are real. I’ll let you guess which ones.)

#YDoron

15 Comments for Doron Lamb wants to be the Y

1. Dusten
    10:16 am October 27, 2015 Permalink

He’s only the greatest 3pt shooter of all time at UK. He doesn’t get enough credit because his NBA career didn’t pan out.

• RealitySays
      1:19 pm October 27, 2015 Permalink

I would ONLY be open to do this if he CAME BACK TO KENTUCKY AND GOT HIS DEGREE since he flamed out in about 5 minutes in the NBA.

• Dusten
      1:49 pm October 27, 2015 Permalink

I’m just going to have to respectfully disagree. And since we’re yelling he was a KEY COMPONENT to a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP. He deserves respect from the university and gratitude from the fans. Regardless of his harmless life choices.

2. Doron
    10:24 am October 27, 2015 Permalink

Lamb should be given the job of Coach Cal’s media director. (No offense to the guy doing it now.)

3. matty arbuckle
    10:57 am October 27, 2015 Permalink

Without Doron Lamb, we would not have won the ‘ship in 2012. Dude balled out that game.

4. UKBlue1!
    11:28 am October 27, 2015 Permalink

Teague and Lamb both should have stayed in 2013. Doron should be good enough to play somewhere on a foreign team if he wants too? I can see him playing oversea’s for another 5 years.

5. Dangers
    11:55 am October 27, 2015 Permalink

#Ynot?

6. bbn4LIFE
    11:57 am October 27, 2015 Permalink

The greatest of all time lmao you must be 15 years old if you really believe that

7. Chris A. Stone
    1:12 pm October 27, 2015 Permalink

I think this is an easy fix, and looks like DeWayne Peevy agrees with me. As a proud, super-fanatical member of the Big Blue Nation family, I believe our organization should continue to celebrate the accomplishments of all our players, past & present. If Doron wants to be the Y at one of the home games, then by all means, let him! It also goes to show how AWESOME our great program is! That a former player, a National Championship player, who’s been behind the scenes, and a heralded star on & off the court, would want to come back and experience the “Kentucky Effect” again now that he’s gone, is a testament to just how special it is, it must feel, to be a part of something so outstanding, so great! Go Cats! Go Doron! Can’t wait to see you at Rupp!

8. Evan
    8:55 pm October 27, 2015 Permalink

Um you don’t remember tony delk then, it’s not about percentage. I don’t remember anyone hitting 9 threes in a game or being more proactive in us winning a championship in 96 sell was clutch on the wing and dribble step threes. Lamb doesn’t come close to that. No one at Kentucky now will ever be as special as that team or the heartbreaking cats of 97, Ron mercer was my hero back then.