Dontaie Allen breaks collarbone in car wreck

Twitter | @MustangsMatts

Twitter | @MustangsMatts

Sources tell KSR Kentucky signee Dontaie Allen was in a car wreck on Wednesday and suffered a broken collarbone. The Pendleton County star was in Lexington on his way to physical therapy when the accident occurred. We are told Allen will have surgery today and hopes to be fully recovered in six weeks.

21 Comments for Dontaie Allen breaks collarbone in car wreck

1. LilBigBird
    10:10 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

I hope he redshirts next season so he can fully recover.

• He should be fully recovered by then, but as far as the early practices and such, I dunno. I wouldn’t think he can do any PT on the knee right now. Although #IamNotaDoctor

• Can’t do any PT…

• Boo typos! I guess I said it right the first time…

• mikeintn
      11:11 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Let me say I’m not a doctor either, but as for he’s ACL I had mine replaced couple years ago and my doctor told me in 6 months it would be as good as it would ever be. I asked, that’s what I was told. In 4 months I was playing easy with it.

• syrin23
      1:26 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

Collarbones take MUCH longer than 6 weeks to heal, especially for someone playing basketball.

• BBN83
      6:48 am April 5, 2019 Permalink

I’m a PT. He can still do ACL rehab. Just not high level return to play exercises, due to shoulder. His shoulder will do really well after surgery. He’ll be rocking and rolling in 3 months, both knee and shoulder. Studies show return to play at 6-9 mo after ACL is optimal. Nothing less than 6 mo.

2. StillBP
    10:15 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

That’s some bad luck. Hope he feels better soon! Wishing him a speedy recovery!

3. Kat4Life
    10:21 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Damn son.

4. BTownUKFan
    10:34 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Wishes for a speedy recovery for Dontaie. During one of my “Block or Charge” moments I broke both my collarbone and 3 ribs. I kept the arm in a sling and the collarbone healed much quicker than the ribs. One positive out of the injury, my collarbone would itch every time rain was moving in for several years.

5. Truman Claytor
    10:39 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Broken collarbone should shut down the acl rehab no longer than 10 days. Assuming he’s having it repaired with plaite & screws, rehabbing his knee will have zero impact on his collar bone.

6. Swizzle
    11:22 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

This dude has injury prone written all over him. Hope I’m wrong.

• henderblue
      12:03 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

Ridiculous

• ClutchCargo
      12:35 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

Knee injuries are not uncommon for bball players. Car accidents are very common for the general public. How do take those two facts and conclude that someone is injury prone? smh

• UKBigBlueForever
      12:36 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

That’s a pretty stupid comment. Anyone that gets in an accident is injury prone

• KYFAN4LYFE
      5:00 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

Maybe from a “Danger-Prone Daphne” perspective….but not from an athletic perspective. The dude’s just had some bad luck. He may not be like Domino from Marvel comics…but I doubt he’s like Mr. Glass either.

7. UKFaninCO
    11:25 am April 4, 2019 Permalink

Need a mummy pic with a UK jersey on!

8. Gocats30
    3:54 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

Which collarbone was it? Hope it doesnt affect his shot cuz he can stroke it

9. ukcats1776.90
    5:48 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

hope he calls tj to make em pay…(hopefully they got hit by a rich person)

10. Glock
    9:21 pm April 4, 2019 Permalink

Well we know hes going to get the absolute best doctors and rehab possible…i think he will bounce back just fine.

11. KYCat4EVER
    9:55 am April 5, 2019 Permalink

GET WELL SOON Dante!

Seems like BBN has endured THREE TOUGH CRASHES in one week:

1) Donte CRASHES in a serious car accident
    2) Our Cats CRASHED in the final 8 to Aurburn
    And
    3) Our UK Basketball Program CRASHES until Calipari Retires!

Hopefully better days are ahead for all three!

GO BIG BLUE!