Dominique Hawkins returns to practice

@KentuckyMBB

Thanks to this photo from the Kentucky Basketball Twitter account, we know Dominique Hawkins is back  practicing with his team. That’s him in the blue standing outside the three-point line as Marcus Lee rises over Skal Labissiere inside. Hawkins returned to practice over the weekend. He missed the last month with a broken hand.

Also, if we’re to believe this photo, Alex Poythress is running with the ones, after coming off the bench in the two exhibition games. Does this mean he will start against Albany on Friday?

Basketball season is finally here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for Dominique Hawkins returns to practice

1. bbn-4-life
    5:15 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Know it isnt no big deal but just wonderd why murray is always wearing red shoes?

• Katya
      5:30 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

I think it was Cauley-Stein who had those really ugly yellow neon ones a year or two ago too.

2. BbnGroveStreet
    7:09 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Good for dom! I’m getting so excited about the season starting friday. This team is going to be so different than any of the others Cal has had..as of now I can honestly say we could be an absolute bust, or they could be destined for number 9. It’s going to be a fun ride. Bbn

• Mc12
      7:45 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Other than potential issues rebounding, I can’t imagine a team with Tyler Ulis, and Jamal Murray on it being a bust. Not saying others aren’t, but these two are scrappy and winners. Skal is a beast too. To me, I think this team has a similar make-up to the 2012 team if AP boards and plays bigs like T. Jones did.

• Leuther
      9:14 pm November 10, 2015 Permalink

Agree that it’s hard to know exactly what to expect from this young team. It’s good to have Hawkins back, though…

Go Big Blue!

3. BbnGroveStreet
    8:02 am November 11, 2015 Permalink

I mean obviously I hope it’s not a bust, but tyler ullis and murray and skal are very great, true..but the fact is this team is entirely new, it still has to gel. That’s what coach Cal always stressed..I mean alex, archie goodwin, cauley stein, murray, and that group wasn’t considered low on talent. Do I think that will happen? No because we don’t have the ball hog it doesn’t seem like. Go big blue

• Rajonrondo9
      9:21 am November 11, 2015 Permalink

Think you mean Noel, not Murray lol. If we had Murray, our season may have been a little better lol.