Dominique Hawkins and Alex Poythress discuss the rivalry

Need another reason to love Dominique Hawkins? He can remember crying when Kentucky lost to Louisville when he was younger. Today he said it’s going to be a dream to be playing in the rivalry.

Alex Poythress said he and his veteran teammates are trying to explain the importance of the rivalry to the new guys.

“This is one game everyone in Kentucky looks forward to. This is the one game they circle on their calendar.”

Beat Louisville.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Dominique Hawkins and Alex Poythress discuss the rivalry

1. John B
    11:42 am December 27, 2013 Permalink

Dear God please, let them beat Louisville.

2. Cat Fan In Georgia
    11:45 am December 27, 2013 Permalink

I want to win the game as much as anyone does, but I don’t think that God really cares one way or the other.

3. symphonist41169
    12:02 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

I just hope Dominique gets to play a contributing role instead of scrub duty after the game is already decided. Being a KY boy at least he feels in his heart what it means to wear a UK uniform and play Louisville, unlike the rest of the spoiled pouting AAU mercenaries who are already thinking about which trim level of Escalade to buy the day after the draft…

4. The Count
    12:08 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

Am I the only one that watches Poy’s interviews to count the time he says “you know”? It was 37 times that time. I LOVE THAT GUY!

5. blueballs
    12:11 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

The fans is the key…if Rupp is rocking the guys are going to be pump and play to the energy

6. bigblue091812
    12:29 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

The X factor tomorrow will be Alex, Polson, Hawkins, Young and WCS as a comination. Smith with score 27-33 but do it on 33% field goal % which will not let any other player be a factor. The CATS win 82-77 and puts an end to the year of the Cardnials and their slime bag coach SLICK RICK. Unlike most UK fans that hate rick I hated him and his snooty ass wife when they were here so I have a real hate since he took over after Denny Crum, who LOSERVILLE replaced because he lost control of his players, never heard any players in so much trouble as Ware and Behanan and a couple other GHETTO RATS when Coach Crum was there. Keep in mind the only coach SLICK RICK has a winning record against since going to LOSERVILLE is Billy G., yes haters ever Tubby owned 15 second Rick. I hate LOSERVILLE so much I would take another NIT with a win over LOSERVILLLE, the only way I could stomach a LOSERVILLE win is to win number 9. LOSERVILLE, their city sucks, players sucks, fan suck, BB and FB coaches suck and most of all their lying and covering up media SUCKS. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• C'mon
      1:06 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

Easy now…(or is that you Matt Jones? :)) At the end of the day it is just a game, win or lose. Go Cats!

7. Plenty
    12:31 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

Why did these reporters ask so many questions about the waffle house? Who the hell cares about the damn waffle house and what the guys ate there. On another note, I see this team turning a corner tomorrow. I see a big win coming, and in dominant form.

8. BBN Dave Grohl
    12:35 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

Dominique is going to be the next Darius no question

• M
      3:45 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

Maybe, idk. One difference is Darius had the size and skills to essentially guard and play 4 positions. He was also a good spot up shooter. We’ll see if DH can get there.

9. mike
    12:40 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

bigblue why don’t you tell us what you really think about loserville? lol

10. kingrex
    1:59 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

It is not worth losing these early big games prior to the terrible SEC conference play, to have this one and done system. I am declaring it an interesting time period, but now it is time to move on. You need role players and maturity. We will never have that again under Cal. I love him, but the experiment is over.

11. RealityCheck
    2:40 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

How cute, kingrex misses Billy G.

• kingrex
      6:55 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

I do not miss Billy G. That was one of the worst hires in the history of organized sports. The man was a sociopath.

12. Hendo Blue
    3:06 pm December 27, 2013 Permalink

@6: bigblue091812…you are the absolute best! I can’t wait to hear what you’ve got to say next! Go Big Blue!!!!!

13. bigblue091812