Matt tracked down another college basketball analyst who had the pleasure of seeing the Cats practice this week and he invited him on this morning’s show for his take on the squad. This time it was Dino Gaudio, who told Big Blue Nation they should be “crazy excited about this team.”

Gaudio followed that up with a bold prediction, saying, “I don’t want to put a jinx on them, but I’m pretty sure nobody in the SEC will beat (Kentucky) this year.”

“These guys are as talented of a team as I’ve seen in the last ten years,” he added.

Whoa.

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for Dino Gaudio calls UK the best team he’s seen in a decade and predicts undefeated run through SEC

1. Mr. First
    10:57 am July 30, 2014 Permalink

Mr. First has arrived

2. ChicagoCat
    11:03 am July 30, 2014 Permalink

What, exactly, is going on in this picture?!?

3. Bongo Long
    11:13 am July 30, 2014 Permalink

Who the hell is he kidding? People like Doug Shows, Tony Greene, etc will never allow it.

4. john mahoney
    11:35 am July 30, 2014 Permalink

“Dino Gaudio” – are you kiddding me !! Old “Scarface” coudn’t
    have set it better

5. Brian
    12:03 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Does it scare anybody else that we’re throwing around words like undefeated again? Aren’t there enough 40-0 T-shirts left around to remind us that boasts like that can come back to bite you? I love the Cats and expect the best, but let’s just let the playin’ speak this year; like it did last year during the tournament.

• Dude
      4:23 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Did I miss something? When did the SEC schedule go to 40 games? He said we may go undefeated in the (weak) SEC….

6. Lloyd Braun
    12:14 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

Brandon Knight looks like a middle aged white man now. Is that what playing in Milwaukee does to you?

7. Chris "C-Note" Tipton
    1:46 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

I loved the 2012 national champs but for me the greatest team UK has ever had was the 1996 champs. Seven future first round picks and not only a 16-0 SEC Record, they won every game by at least 9 points. They brought the high school player of the year (Ron Mercer) off the bench, sometimes as the EIGHTH man. This year’s team will probably do the same thing (Karl Towns) and has the potential to match that team. Part if me wouldn’t mind losing early, maybe to Kansas, to get the 40-0 pressure off them.

8. Hoop33
    2:45 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

We lost early last year, that didn’t seem to take much, if any pressure off of them. If they want that as a goal, go for it. But the “veterans” should remind the freshmen, as well as each other, that taking on such a lofty goal takes complete focus on every possession of every game. If you can’t do that, don’t even think of undefeated.

9. Amazing Larry
    7:20 pm July 30, 2014 Permalink

If that photo is our current roster, 40-0 might be a bit of a stretch.