DIME Magazine believes tanking NBA teams should target Julius Randle

randle

We don’t need another “Julius Randle is awesome” column from a little-known basketball writer to get us fired up about Kentucky’s new power forward. We don’t need those. We’re good. We’re excited. He’s going to be a star.

But when one pops up, I guess it doesn’t hurt to read it anyway.

Today’s “Julius Randle is awesome” piece comes from Dime Magazine’s Drew Corrigan, who says tanking NBA teams should target Julius Randle in next summer’s draft. Corrigan writes:

“Randle competes and plays like an animal on the court. He has the size of a lion, with the heart of one to complement. He loves to attack the basket and smells when opponents fear him. Unlike Wiggins, who has been criticized for the lack of a killer instinct, Randle definitely won’t have this problem. He will keep going and keep attacking until he’s satisfied. The guy is fearless.”

41 days until Big Blue Madness, folks…

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for DIME Magazine believes tanking NBA teams should target Julius Randle

1. Mc
    6:05 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

41 days?

2. Jeffrey
    6:07 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Eventhough Wiggins isn’t a cat, I KNOW he has a killer instinct. He displayed it when people was talking about it, or he was completely pissed. Either way, they need to stop talking about it.

3. Big B
    6:22 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Not 41 Days lol

4. Blue Jesus
    6:28 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Would I love to have Andrew Wiggins on the team? Of course.

But would I want Andrew Wiggins over Julius Randle? Nope, I think, all things considered (team’s need, personalities of Randle/Wiggins and teammates, etc), we’ve got the better fit.

5. Blue Jesus
    6:29 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

But I agree with #2, I remember Wiggins had that monster game right after he was criticized by some media member, I don’t think anyone should worry about his killer instinct, his motivation maybe, but killer instinct I think will be fine.

6. schwing
    6:35 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

julius randle is awesome.

7. Jeffrey
    7:19 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

@ Blue Jesus: I agree, I’m so happy we got Randle over Wiggins.

8. blue blue
    7:21 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Well like they always say. It shouldn’t have to be brought up or something said about a player for them to display there killer instinct. If its there you’re always going to display it. Every game. That’s why they call it a killer instinct. I would rather have randle just going out n ending the game when he smells victory. Or being up by 7 and then just going off for ten straight points. Rather than I would to have to tell him hey where is that killer instinct. Means he just goes out n does it. Not taking anything from wiggins. But look at the nba, you never had to tell kobe to get pissed off to play. He just took every matchup personally. Jordan too. Lebron didn’t have that killer instinct much until he got to miami. Now he does. I’m just saying is gonna take his matchups personal I feel. N I think we’re all ij for a big yr with this guy. Sorry for the nba talk I know its college. Just an opinion. Go cat!!!

9. blue blue
    7:22 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Well like they always say. It shouldn’t have to be brought up or something said about a player for them to display there killer instinct. If its there you’re always going to display it. Every game. That’s why they call it a killer instinct. I would rather have randle just going out n ending the game when he smells victory. Or being up by 7 and then just going off for ten straight points. Rather than I would to have to tell him hey where is that killer instinct. Means he just goes out n does it. Not taking anything from wiggins. But look at the nba, you never had to tell kobe to get pissed off to play. He just took every matchup personally. Jordan too. Lebron didn’t have that killer instinct much until he got to miami. Now he does. I’m just saying is gonna take his matchups personal I feel. N I think we’re all in for a big yr with this guy. Sorry for the nba talk I know its college. Just an opinion. Go cat!!!

10. blue blue
    7:23 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Sorry accidentally posted twice hahaha

11. UKBLUE
    8:16 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

The Lakers will pull off one of their crazy trades to get the air apparent to Kobe.

12. Tim Kathlina
    8:22 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Randle will go #1 in the NBA draft, count on it. Wiggins will need more time to develop his body and his game. He is not a knock down 3 point shooter yet, which he needs to be at the 2 or 3 position and lacks muscle to play the 4. Wiggins and Randle will both be getting payed a lot of money to play ball for a long time-both very good players.

13. Delk for 3
    9:39 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

41 days? How about four weeks from today — 28 days?

14. cotton nash
    9:59 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Mark my word. Randle will be one of the best players to ever don the Kentucky Blue,..ala Anthony Davis. I’d MUCH rather have him than Wiggins,..which is not to say Wiggins is not a player. It’s just to say that Julius Randle is a MAN!!!!!!!! And he will be even better than folks think,..even after all the pre-season accolades that have been tossed his way. I just hope he is as smart as the Unibrow when it comes to avoiding getting into foul trouble. We need Julius to limit his fouls in big games. We will need him on the court, since we will face some great teams this year. Jmho.

15. Wildcatsteeler
    10:23 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Before Wiggins even committed anywhere I was saying Randle has a chance to be the number one pick and almost everybody was laughing at me. On here and other sports sites. Since he didn’t commit to UK now everyone on here is saying the same thing. I think Wiggins will struggle with having to be “the man” every single game. He will have a great season and is a phenom but from what I’ve seen, so far, he lacks the killer instinct to bring it every minute he is on the floor. Randle is an absolute beast and will literally scare guys trying to guard him. I really hope his aggressiveness rubs off on Poythress.

16. Competent Consolation Prize
    11:34 pm September 20, 2013 Permalink

Missed the part where it said he should go #1 overall?

17. Safety
    8:44 am September 21, 2013 Permalink

It’s a shame that when opponents fear him, he smells. Maybe he should take a shower before the game.