Did Grayson Allen travel on game-winning shot?

slack-for-ios-upload

If you missed it, Duke defeated No. 7 ranked Virginia on a buzzer-beating layup from Grayson Allen. Allen got the layup out of his hands with less than a second left on the game clock to give the Blue Devils a 63-62 win over Virginia.

Following the conclusion of the game, many people expressed their opinion that the shot should have not counted. If you watch closely it appears that Allen travelled on his game-winning layup.

Pretend it’s not Duke and Grayson Allen and tell me what you think #BBN. Did Allen travel or not?

Article written by Kindsey Bernhard

Lover of dogs, sports and beer. @kindseybernhard

12 Comments for Did Grayson Allen travel on game-winning shot?

1. tombanjo
    8:44 pm February 13, 2016 Permalink

correct.

2. crazyy8s
    8:49 pm February 13, 2016 Permalink

I hate it when a whistle decides the game, but it’s a travel. Watching live I thought he got the shot off before the foot came down. I’m glad I’m not a ref. Traveling could have been called before he jumped as well.

• crazyy8s
      8:52 pm February 13, 2016 Permalink

P.S. – I can’t believe I’m defending the refs, but swallowed their whistle and didn’t call a foul on the shot either. They clearly wanted the players, not the refs, to decide the outcome.

3. CalsCats3.0
    8:53 pm February 13, 2016 Permalink

I was shocked the refs didn’t call a foul, it was clear they were going to let it play out unless something blatant went down. Nothing like a small travel or a nickle dimer foul was going to be called.

4. kenny
    9:00 pm February 13, 2016 Permalink

I almost had the trifecta today, UK won, UL lost, and it looks like my day was gonna be perfect until Gayson Allen traveled, (twice) and threw up a prayer that somehow went in. Oh well 2 outta 3 ain’t bad.
    Btw, what a difference 2 weeks makes.

5. jonthes
    9:02 pm February 13, 2016 Permalink

Is the Pope tired of jokes about him being made?

6. jimlowe7
    9:41 pm February 13, 2016 Permalink

His foot was on the floor before the ball left his hand…that is a walk. However I do not believe that is a situation that is reviewable at this time…maybe EVERYTHING should be on a “last play” of the game, but that would open a BIG pandora’s box so let’s just realize refs swallow their whistles then and live with it.

7. kjd
    9:57 pm February 13, 2016 Permalink

I always love the comment, let the players decide the game, not the refs. Well, doesn’t the ref unfairly decide the game when a rule violation is not called?
    How is it fair to the players during the final seconds not knowing how much contact can be made without a foul or how many steps do you get prior to a shot attempt? It really ticks me off when the rules change or ignored all together after playing for 39 minutes and 55 seconds.

• ukjaybrat
      11:31 am February 15, 2016 Permalink

i think it’s one thing to let a little hand check go. but to allow kids to break the rules the game is designed around for the sake of “letting them play” is a blatant disregard to the rules of the game and completely unfair to the losing team in situations like this…

8. brian
    7:01 am February 14, 2016 Permalink

It’s actually not even that close! Clearly a walk.

9. catfanmike
    10:34 am February 14, 2016 Permalink

The walk occurred on his initial approach to the basket where he clearly takes three steps. The second walk occurred when he is fouled by the UVA player forcing him to put his foot on the floor. Nonetheless, the no-call on the initial walk is poor officiating…can’t let anything play out when the guy walks before any contact.

10. FlatTopsAndBlockedShots
    12:59 pm February 14, 2016 Permalink

Literally the dookest thing to ever happen