DeWayne Peevy makes you an offer you can’t refuse

8984106-large

Deputy Athletic Director DeWayne Peevy made his first appearance on KSR this morning and made listeners an offer they can’t refuse. Peevy said that if you call the ticket office this afternoon before 4 p.m. and buy two football season tickets, he’ll throw in two lower level BIG BLUE MADNESS tickets from the basketball staff’s allotment. Wow. Even better, if you already have season tickets and call in and buy two more, he’ll give you FOUR LOWER LEVEL tickets to Big Blue Madness.

Got your phone yet? Call the ticket office at (859) 257-1818 to take advantage of this great deal, and tell them DeWayne Peevy on KSR sent you.

By the way, Peevy said that fifteen NBA players will participate in Monday night’s Alumni Game, and five more will serve as assistants due to injury or contract problems. As we told you last night, we are hearing from sources that John Wall WILL play, despite reports to the contrary. So far, 18,000 tickets have been sold to the game, and the lower arena is sold out.

It’s gonna be a party…

8 Comments for DeWayne Peevy makes you an offer you can’t refuse

1. not-Ally Bank, UK Ticket Office, and Dwayne Peevy
    12:33 pm September 6, 2013 Permalink

Called ticket office to see if I could get the Midnight Madness tickets since I increased our season tickets this year from 2 to 6. Not willing to give up 4 BBM tickets despite tripling my ticket commitment 90 days ago instead of 5 minutes ago.

Explanation….just a spur of the moment thingy promotion…hopefully you got better seats 90 days ago

Well done. I feel like the person in the Ally Bank commercial that let the 1,000,000th ticket purchaser go in front of me and he got a $50k check and I got a 1-in-3 series poster for redeeming a season ticket holder postcard.

You’re welcome all those who waited til the day before gameday to up your commitment. Send me a postcard from BBM, I’ll be cuddled up with my “unique” poster watching from home.

Normally great service at ticket office. Just a bad day for me to ask someone to consider the possibility. See y’all in the purple lot tomorrow. Stop by and see my poster. Go Cats! Beat “THE” Miami University of Ohio!

2. cracka
    12:39 pm September 6, 2013 Permalink

i understand where you’re coming from, but they can’t give everybody tix to bbm who bought football season tix already, there aren’t that many to go around … and you did get better seats by getting them first

3. Mc
    12:50 pm September 6, 2013 Permalink

I also understand. However this is nothing new. Existing customers in many areas (cable, phone, etc.) will not get the same benefits of a new promotion that’s created to bring in new customers; more often than not. I understand their reasoning for doing this promotion, and for not allowing you to get the BBM tickets, although it can be frustrating.

4. BRIAN
    1:20 pm September 6, 2013 Permalink

Just a heads up…get volleyball season tickets.

If you remember from last year, the volleyball game is a prequel to BBM. As a season volleyball ticket holder, I got a pair of free BBM tickets. Vball is much cheaper than football and you get 5x the KFund points.

5. H.A. Milton
    1:42 pm September 6, 2013 Permalink

Has anyone tried to get BBM tix online before? I’m out east and not able to camp out, so wondering what my chances are online…

6. ACD
    3:11 pm September 6, 2013 Permalink

1) Come on man…seriously? I think its safe to assume that VERY few people were going to buy season football tickets for 2013 from this point forward. If you wanted them, you’ve probably already bought them. This promotion was to bring in fans who otherwise wouldn’t have bought season tickets to begin with and I think its a great idea by the athletics department and Peevy who is mostly a basketball guy.

We upped ours from 2 to 4 a few months back as well. I’m sure tons of people bought tickets in the last 90 days, cant be sour about a promotion when you were already a customer. Just be happy they’re doing it. (Or just buy two more if you really want Madness lowers that badly.)

The difference between you and the Allied Bank commercial is you aren’t the guy who was next in line, you are the guy who was there 90 days ago. People who bought tickets yesterday are that guy.

7. UK2K
    6:21 pm September 6, 2013 Permalink

Brian, their is no VB game this year prior to Madness

8. WEEEAAAAAKKKKK!!!!!!!!
    10:35 pm September 6, 2013 Permalink

This is a bulls#@t promotion designed to get get more ignorant basketball fans to pretend to be football fans. If it were any other program, we could just buy more tickets and sell them on game day. Thanks again for rewarding the bandwagon troops!