@DevinBook

Devin Booker will arrive in Lexington next week to begin college, but first he has to pack his things for the move. Booker tweeted the photo you see above of how the packing process is going and it appears he ran into quite the predicament when loading up his shoes.

I remember the day I packed for┬ácollege and it looked nothing like Booker’s current situation. I think I had five shirts, some shorts, my parents’ old microwave and Optimus Prime, my tri-fold, portable beer pong table. Booker and Young Me are clearly on different life paths.

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Devin Booker packing for college looks nothing like the day I packed for college

1. Troll
    2:05 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

This is a recruiting violation right?

• DB11
      6:25 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Only if there are a few KSR t shirts somewhere in there.

• Troll 2
      7:41 pm May 30, 2014 Permalink

Do they give McDonald’s All-American’s nice watches too?
      Booker posted a Cartier and Trey Lyles posted a nice Rolex (on Twitter)

2. DoubleZeroMostel
    2:16 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Maybe throw in a pair of dress shoes there too. Also, get some flip flops for the shower.

3. bigabes4uk
    2:19 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Crazy for him to bring all those shoes! They get like a new pair of Nikes every week! Someone let the poor feller know!

• tom
      2:24 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Agree-
      That many shoes is ridiculous.

4. Grammar King
    2:31 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

I like shiny new things as much as the next guy, but this level of conspicuous consumption is bordering on disgusting.

• Why?
      2:35 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Why is the amount of shoes he has “bordering on disgusting”? If you think it’s stupid or pointless, then yeah, I would probably go with that. But why does the way he or his parents spend their disposable income seem to bother you so much? That’s just ridiculous.

• Grammar King
      2:58 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

The word “disgusting” may have admittedly been a bit hyperbolic in this circumstance; however, it isn’t exactly the number of shoes he has that I find disturbing. It probably has more to do with – as I already mentioned – the conspicuous nature of the spending. If he has a thing for shoes and can’t seemingly stop buying them, then okay, that’s his problem. Flaunting his ridiculous number of shoes is an entirely different story, one that shows pride and is more of a look-at-me act, and not simply spending one’s disposable income. By no means am I inferring anything about Mr. Booker’s character just from one Tweet, but this is clearly not meant to show the fact that he is packing for school, but just to show off how much “stuff” he has. I know too many people that do this not to recognize it in this photo.

5. Musehobo
    2:40 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

This is not my thing either, But the only thing disgusting is the hypocrisy here. The kid spends his money on shoes. There’s no telling what kind of dumb sh^t you spent your money on high school. Looks like he’s a couple thousand dollars worth of shoes here. If it was a four-wheeler, he’d have been your new favorite player. There’s a social gap here, stop with the fake outrage.

6. Martha
    2:42 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

I think he has more pairs of shoes than I have in my 30 years.

7. Honky Kong
    2:44 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

She sure does have alot of shoes.

8. OhLongJohnson
    2:52 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Future Pros usually have a lot of bball shoes, don’t see how this is so surprising. I just wanna see how it fits in his dorm room. Will look like a footlocker jajajaja.

9. wildcatinOH
    2:53 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Guys, chill out!
    You do realize that Mr. Booker gets new shoes for free whenever he goes to McDonald’s All-American game, the Jordan game, and countless number of basketball events that he participated in, right? So please don’t judge unless you’ve lived his life as an elite high school basketball player and know what it’s like. Be thankful that we get these kids who are from well-to-do families and would never do anything stupid (take shady money or stealing crab legs from Kroger) to ruin their eligibility while being a Kentucky Wildcat. Seriously, learn to appreciate instead of being negative.

• Classist Much?
      7:43 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Countless athletes from less than “well-to-do” families who never do anything “stupid” and Johnny Manziel selling autographs say “what?”.

10. Philippine Stuff
    3:04 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Devin “Imelda Marcos” Booker…… Is that a pair of “trex” in the back? Must be for slumming…

11. Greg
    3:14 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Chris Harrison may be jealous. If I remember correctly, he had a pretty bodacious collection of shoes, too.

12. rnet
    4:10 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

His father is Melvin Booker and he did have a stint in the league. Might explain why the kids has lots of kicks. BTW his dad was Big 8 player of the year in 94. Can’t wait to get to see him in UK gear next yr.He will be an outstanding addition too the team.

13. Converse
    4:10 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Deven, the school colors for the University of Kentucky are blue and white.

• Bobbum man
      4:55 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

And his name is Devin…. Not Deven

14. Big Mouth REX
    4:53 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Hypebeast!

15. Archie
    5:14 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Make them eat they feet………….

16. jus sayin
    7:07 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

You guys realize that just from the AAU and EYBL circuits and he gets a ton of FREE shoes a year? And his teams are sponsored by Nike And that doesn’t even include the All Star games… so the “waste of money” comments are off base.

17. Gap Tooth Danny
    7:23 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

haha, my wife has not accumulated that many shoes in 44 years. FETISH MUCH?

18. bigbluetruth
    8:00 pm May 29, 2014 Permalink

Girls softball is no where as big as AAU or college basketball. My daughter played elite softball for 6 years and the bats, bat bags, gloves and cleats she received was crazy. I’m sure all his shoes aren’t in the photo. I guess if he were a LOSERVILLE player this would look like a lot, they don’t play in the events UK players do.