Devin Booker named SEC Freshman of the Week

Congrats to Devin Booker, who was named SEC Freshman of the Week by the league this morning. Booker is coming off of two huge games against North Carolina and UCLA, and against the Bruins, he scored a career-high 19 points, including 5-6 threes. All in 19 minutes. This is the fourth time this season a UK player has won SEC Freshman of the Week honors.

Did anyone else notice this motion Booker does after hitting threes?

bogglesmotion

Here’s another one from the second half:

booker2

Finally found a good angle from KyWildcatsTV:

booker3

13 Comments for Devin Booker named SEC Freshman of the Week

1. The Original WTF Guy
    10:25 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Noticed it after that one but have not noticed it on any others. I think it was simply that he knew there was a block of UK fans and was responding to them.

2. BeastCat
    10:39 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

When he shoots like that UK is unbeatable…..

3. cats4fitch
    10:42 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

He did that after each three on Saturday. Seeing it in person, it appeared as if he was doing a ‘reloading’ motion. He also did it while he was sitting waiting to check in and Willis made a three. Great stuff.

4. TJY
    10:42 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

He is cocking the gun and chambering another 3. My son pointed it out to me during the game Saturday. Pretty cool…if he is knocking them down.

• cats4fitch
      10:48 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

thank you for explaining that better than me. I knew thats what he was doing, but was struggling with how to explain it haha. I’m a little slow.

5. david8577
    11:17 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

I’m sure the liberals in Louisville are trying enact a law to ban assault 3-point weapons before the game.

6. American Errorist
    11:31 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

Jacket off! He’s from hot 3!

7. WestCoastCat
    11:58 am December 22, 2014 Permalink

David, why don’t you keep your political BS to yourself?

Go Cats!

8. RealCatsFan
    12:03 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

So what are the chances that we get to see Devin back in UK blue again next year? If he keeps playing like this, those chances will be getting smaller, but wouldn’t it be awesome to see a returning team of Alex, Marcus, Devin, Tyler and Derek Willis next year? I have serious doubts that we have any chance of KAT or Trey coming back, but it’s possible for the other guys.

9. UKfaninLou
    12:31 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

Well deserved! Love that kid! Go Cats!

10. Time Expired
    12:34 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

Booker is one of the best if not the best pure shooter UK has had in a long time. When he gets hot he just does not miss. Imagine a zone and him with Aaron on the floor together, that zone is coming down fast.

11. BTownUKFan
    1:13 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

I noticed it, I thought maybe he was trying to keep his arm cool because he was on fire !!
    GO CATS !!

12. ukcat8fan
    1:36 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

I saw a Carolina player do that same gesture in the game prior to ours. I’m guessing its kinda like the 3 goggles that many teams did a couple years ago After hitting a 3.