Derek Willis: “I just wanted to change my hair color”

@KentuckyMBB

Derek Willis, now rocking a grayish hair color, gave a simple and direct answer when asked why the change.

“I just wanted to change my hair color,” he said today.

Willis first went with the bleached blonde look we showed you earlier today, before dyeing it a silver/gray.

Calipari told him the color of his hair doesn’t matter as long as he plays well.

Playing well is all that matters, so let’s move on…

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Derek Willis: “I just wanted to change my hair color”

1. Rajonrondo9
    2:50 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Why? lol

2. DavidP19
    3:01 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Be patient Derek. It will be that color soon enough. Trust me.

• Long Dong Silver
      3:04 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Too true lol

3. Bluebloodtoo
    3:06 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Soooo… this is a story about how this isn’t a story?

4. RealCatsFan
    3:13 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

The Silver Fox! 😀

Can’t wait to hear Tipton’s questions to him.

5. Biglaw Dawgin'
    4:56 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Sometimes you have to do things a little differently to get recognition. There was a guy in Detroit averaging 18 rebounds per game that no one cared about. Then he met Madonna and took her advice to do something different to stand out. After that, everyone knew who Dennis Rodman was. Likewise, a 6’9″ white guy with a decent stroke isn’t exactly rare. Now, a 6’9″ white kid who can stroke with national recognition and popularity, that’s someone teams would be interested in drafting. I’m not sure if Willis is a PR mastermind or anything, but it definitely won’t hurt his stock to separate himself from the pack.

• RealCatsFan
      5:21 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

Point taken, Biglaw, but busting ass on defense, draining 3’s consistently, and banging for tough rebounds will probably get him more recognition than silver hair. Hopefully he can do both!

• somerset bill
      6:05 pm December 8, 2015 Permalink

that sort of clarity often doesn’t come to us until we get the grey for real, realcats.

6. wildcatwhisperer
    10:03 am December 9, 2015 Permalink

Closer in shade to Cutler (check the background) …just add glasses / mustache and you’re set LOL.