Derek Willis Celebrates his Exhibition Slams with a New Tattoo

dxw_33 | IG

dxw_33 | IG

dxw_33 | IG

I’m not exactly sure what’s going on with his new ink, but it reminds me of something you’d see at a summer music festival.  I doubt he did it to celebrate his dunks, but I still wanna watch this one again.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

16 Comments for Derek Willis Celebrates his Exhibition Slams with a New Tattoo

1. L1C4
    10:38 pm November 3, 2015 Permalink

Hey D Will, looks like u getting all tatted up to transfer to the Cards, hell we take u. A bench player at UK is better than anything we got.

2. Duff
    7:51 am November 4, 2015 Permalink

Derek has a good game and shows flashes of what it could be but heeds to get in the gym and lift some weights!

• Duff
      7:52 am November 4, 2015 Permalink

he needs*

• Just Say'n
      11:19 am November 4, 2015 Permalink

He must have a REAL hard time gaining mass. Kid could use some iron work and milk!

3. Rick Damn Flair
    9:11 am November 4, 2015 Permalink

Not an alarmist, but this is a bit disturbing considering he seems to be a bit “up and down” emotionally. Hope he has his head right.

4. theWilkman
    11:46 am November 4, 2015 Permalink

Does Willis have some Native American ancestors? Some of his tats, especially one on his arm, seem to be influenced by NA iconography. His left arm in this picture seems to have a dreamcatcher.

• CH
      2:09 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Yes, my boss used to work with his cousin and talks to his aunt and dad all the time and they’ve told him they are Native American.

• Carlton Banks
      3:03 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I hope he actually has some Native American ancestors. My wife told me for the longest time that her family tree was mostly German but was 1/4 or so Native American and her siblings said the same thing. I still remember sitting at Easter lunch when mentioned her NA heritage to my father-in-law and he looked at her like her hair was on fire…. She’s roughly 0% Native American, maybe even less than that.

5. MTcatfan
    3:17 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

I have wondered if he had any Native background for the last couple of years. When I saw his arm tattoo at the Blue/White game, I decided to do some research. According to one source I found, that tracks Native’s playing D1 sports, he is Intuit. There has not ever been anything written about it, so to me it would be interesting to read something about it from UK media.

6. Chad B
    3:59 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Him n his sister are from Wyoming, they moved to Kentucky from there. One of my high school football teammates dates his sister. They have A LOT of native American blood…his sister is darker than the other side of the moon. Maybe should’ve placed the tat a bit higher on chest but looks str8 D…if it gives you confidence then by all means tat your ass up from head to toe! Need you knockin down them corner 3s ALL YEAR! #BBN #ThinkWeStillGotShotAtGiles

• catdaddyd
      9:12 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Pink Floyd’s ” Dark Side of the Moon.”

7. Jesus Effin' Facepalming Christ
    4:32 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

“his sister is darker than the other side of the moon.”

Is this a saying that people in this state actually use?!?! Good grief…

8. matt
    5:09 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

That’s an expensive tattoo there kiddo. Hope it’s mom and dad covering that cost!!!

9. catdaddyd
    9:14 pm November 4, 2015 Permalink

Just going to be a tatted up freak working at a fast food job if he doesn’t make the league.