De’Aaron Fox isn’t a Fan of this Year’s Uniforms

© Mark Zerof

© Mark Zerof

© Mark Zerof

Kentucky’s checkerboard initiative has frustrated many fans.  At first it was tolerable, until they covered this year’s basketball uniforms in the blue and white “Secretariat” checkerboard.

De’Aaron Fox is not a fan either.

“I’m going to be completely honest…eh, I don’t really like ’em.  I‘m not gonna lie to you, I don’t really like the new uniforms,” he said.

“I just, I don’t like the checkers all the way up.  You see a lot of checkers on the side of the shorts, not necessarily the top.  I’m going to wear them anyways.  I’m going to try to make them look good.”

Maybe next time Nike should consult the players before turning the Kentucky Wildcats into the Kentucky Checkerboards.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

14 Comments for De’Aaron Fox isn’t a Fan of this Year’s Uniforms

1. Cousins Fake Tooth
    4:08 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

I agree. Enough of the checkerboard crap.

2. Great American
    4:08 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

Got a feeling we’ll switch to an “alternate” uniform pretty quickly. Sadly all the trash talking in the world cant save us from the crappy new Cat logo.

3. az1006
    4:19 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

I personally couldn’t care less about the uniforms…They could wear pink with lace trim if they win. I know the players care, and I’m sure the pretty universal outcry has been heard. They’ll come out with some exclusive “elite” uniform by mid-December, and they’ll likely abandon these anyway.

If I were a player, the cut and fit of these would probably bother me more than the print on them. They look uncomfortable and are too low-cut in the front.

• Realme
      4:22 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

I agree. Think they will look nice on the women’s team, but weird fit for guys.

4. GTx2
    4:48 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

Good, I’m glad a player is speaking out about them. You already know if Cal wanted them changed they would be immediately.

Hopefully there’s a change if the players (you know, the ones wearing them) don’t like them.

Look good, feel good. Feel good, play good.

5. david8577
    5:00 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

I honestly don’t get these changes. Couple of months before the season, send the whole team computer generated options and let them vote. Forcing players to wear a uniform they don’t like is just asinine.

6. Biglaw Dawgin'
    5:11 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

These uniforms look like body paint. I mean, look how tight those shorts are. How do the guys play in those things?

7. BobNWeaver
    5:18 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

The shorts are too short and too tight. It look like the 1980s. Larry Bird thinks they look bad.

8. UK Big Bored Update
    5:24 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

The hardwood board shorts need to be long and roomy. These are not so.

9. hal9944
    6:18 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

Can someone see if Chris Sale is available before UK games?

10. A_Blue_Wildcat
    6:36 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

So let me get this straight. The fans don’t like the uniforms, the former players don’t like the uniforms, former coaches don’t like the uniforms, and even the current players don’t like the uniforms. Who’s the brain dead moron that made the designs for the uniforms and who’s the idiot that decided to pass them off?

11. mj7juice
    8:27 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

The brain dead moron is Barnhart. These uniforms are awful. It resembles something an Adidas school would wear. Freakin BS attempt Nike. Airball.

12. GUNSLINGER
    10:19 pm October 13, 2016 Permalink

Fox doesn’t look as intimidating as John Wall….I don’t think even Wall could make those uniforms look good.
    They should be baggy, loose, and comfortable.