De’Aaron Fox gets to keep his triple double

Photo by Chet White | UK Athletics

De'Aaron Fox. The University of Kentucky men's basketball team beat Arizona State 115-69 in the Atlantis Showcase on Monday, November 28, 2016, at the Atlantis Resort in Paradise Island, Bahamas. Photo by Chet White | UK Athletics

Photo by Chet White | UK Athletics

Yesterday morning, reporters discovered that De’Aaron Fox was mistakenly credited with an extra assist Monday night, calling into question his triple-double, only the second in Kentucky basketball history. Upon further review, officials at the Atlantis have determined NOT to change the initial box score, keeping Fox’s triple-double intact. Per Kyle Tucker:

“We certainly appreciate the attention to the issue regarding the stats of De’Aaron Fox,” said Bill Coteron of the Atlantis. “After careful consideration, we have determined that no changes to the initial box score will be made. Due to the fast-paced nature of the game, we felt the credit applied in-game was valid. We regret that this was brought into question and certainly hope it doesn’t take away from his outstanding MVP performance.”

Now, go out and get another one to shut up the haters for good, De’Aaron.

22 Comments for De’Aaron Fox gets to keep his triple double

1. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    2:32 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

Good! We know he would have gotten it anyway if it had been scored correctly to begin with.

• EdC
      3:23 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

Exactly. It would have just taken time from a walk on.

2. ukjaybrat
    2:32 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

It’s annoying because on one hand, i could see anyone discounting this because it wasn’t REALLY a triple double. but not one in their right mind can possibly say with a straight face he didn’t earn it. he left the game with over 4 minutes left and was going to get that assist no matter what.

• Sentient Third Eye
      2:38 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

In twenty years most people won’t even remember the controversy. They’ll just know what the stat book says.

3. UKFaninNY
    2:46 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

A recent pet peeve of mine is when anyone uses the word “hater” to define anyone who disagrees with you…

Like here…

It sucks, and he woulda gotten another assist no doubt, but it wasn’t an assist, adn he shouldn’t have gotten it

So, Im a “hater”

• Booby Petrino
      2:47 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

he should have gotten it because he was credited with it during the game. end of story.

• Booby Petrino
      2:49 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

How often do they comb back through a game to take away stats from someone? If it’s credited during the game, it should stand. And it did. Good.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      2:55 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

How about instead of hater we just call you “negative without a good reason”?

• UK Big Board Update
      2:59 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

U mad. Hater.

• J-Dub421
      3:08 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

And Wisconsin should have gotten a shot clock violation in 2015. Can we go back and fix that too? Once the game is over, it’s over. Results and stats stand.

• catdaddyd
      3:18 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

I’ve seen baseball go back and change hits/errors after the game was over.

• UK Big Board Update
      3:24 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

Don’t forget the Florida game clock!

• EdC
      3:25 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

I’m not calling you or anybody else hater because it is a stupid broad term. I will call you and the press who are on this because you are looking at a single play when there may well have been other plays where he DIDN’T get deserved credit.

4. Mathlete
    3:02 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

I’m dreaming of De’Aaron leaving the Grease Bucket with another triple double next month along with another 30 point UK win… that would be the icing on the mile-high layer cake of dominating U of Littlebrother all year.

5. UK Big Board Update
    3:02 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

Tony the Liger – also mad.

• EdC
      3:26 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

Ha … I don’t see Tony showing up again on this but if he does it will be with that same tired link.

• Luether
      4:42 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

U mad. Hater…

• UK Big Board Update
      9:29 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

Luether the pot calling the kettle black. LOL

Cheer up, man. There’s always next year! 😉

6. Angelo
    3:14 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

He will get a few more triple doubles this season with all of this talent.

7. runningunnin.454
    4:40 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

Correct decision. I assume nobody checked every FG, 3pt FG, and FT …maybe somebody’s foot was on the 3 line; maybe we only scored 114 points.
    The title is official scorer, check the funk & wagnalls definition of official…I’m sure it mentions undisputed authority.

8. ncaa is in on it
    6:09 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

THIS IS IMPORTANT!! Do not use onlinecity tickets for anything!! I spent over 1500 dollars for 2 tickets for the unc v ky game and they mailed me dogshit tickets half way around the arena behind the back board and said they gave me a free upgrade?????????Bait & switch bullshit. There was no confusion as to the tickets I was buying. I was on the phone and web at same time to make sure I was going to be courtside. My receipt even says that but what they sent me is not even close to what was on their website.

I dont want this to happen to anyone else.

• UK Big Board Update
      10:15 pm November 30, 2016 Permalink

“onlinecity tickets”?? Never heard of it. Therein might lie your problem…..