Daxter Miles said West Virginia will win tomorrow

There are things one should say before playing undefeated Kentucky and there are things one absolutely should not say. You can file West Virginia guard Daxter Miles’ comments under the latter.

Miles, a freshman, clearly, commended the Wildcats on the 36-0 start, then told reporters, “Tomorrow they’re gonna be 36-1.”

And just in case no one caught that, he repeated it one more time: “They’re gonna be 36-1.”

Miles also told reporters UK won’t be able to move the ball against West Virginia’s defense; the Cats don’t play hard; and the Mountaineers will be the team to send Kentucky home.

Daxter, Coach Huggins would like to see you in his hotel room. Immediately.

huggins-what

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Daxter Miles said West Virginia will win tomorrow

1. Catsby80
    2:58 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

Thank you, Mr. Miles…

Sincerely,

#bbn

2. Azubuike's Bicep
    3:05 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

I’m not really a believer in “bulletin board material”. I don’t think anyone is going to be thinking about what this guy said once the game starts.

• Rixter
      3:13 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

Willie, for one IS thinking about it: “That’s good. Adds fuel to the fire.”
      “It puts a different mindset in your head. You’re not just playing to win the game anymore.””

Thank you WVU for poking the tiger.

• satcheluk
      8:43 am March 26, 2015 Permalink

I, on the other hand, love the bulletin board material. It virtually assures that they won’t be looking past this oppnent. Not that they were, but now the will be max focused.

3. TJY
    3:05 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

Can somebody show this to WCS and Karl? The Twins have the “assassin” look already, but I want WCS and Karl to be fired up at the jump!

• WeareBBN
      3:10 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think from this point forward we have to worry about these guys being fired up. They are smart young men and know they are 4 games from a place in history only they can claim. First 2 tourney games they get a pass as they knew there was no scenario where Hampton and Cincy could win. They know that now it is on and if they slip up they can be beat, don’t see them letting that happen.
      As for the WVU player, what do you want him to say “why should we bother going, we will lose by 40”. They have to think they can win and should believe they will.

• BigBlueBoom
      3:13 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

of course no one expects him to say they’re going to lose and shouldn’t show up. But saying that Kentucky doesn’t play hard is an insult, and he certainly didn’t have to go there. I’m glad he did. I’m sure word will get around. Yeah, we will win regardless, but if our boys are told that he says they don’t play hard I can’t imagine that not adding fuel to their fire.

• WeareBBN
      3:24 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

Boom—-yea I agree “they don’t play hard” part he should have left out but I really don’t think this is what will make our guys play harder Thursday. It had been a longer grind for this group than any other team, going back to the Bahamas, they now know they just have to do this 4 more times. I think some of our poor games, or not playing as hard as possible, were just the wear and tear of the grind but now they see the end and will be on top of their game.

4. J-Dub421
    3:12 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

We’ve heard the same crap all season long. Everyone’s been wrong.

5. Rixter
    3:16 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

I said this above, in a reply to another comment.. before I saw others were talking about it:

Willie, when told about those comments “That’s good. Adds fuel to the fire.”

Ah, look at the cute tiger. He’s sleeping. Hand me that stick.

6. therealUKmoxie
    3:21 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

A quick photoshop for the occasion… the bear even looks a little like Karl.

7. ukjaybrat
    3:30 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

Does no one realized that we’ve played much betterbdefences than west Virginia this year?

• J-Dub421
      3:39 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

I know they’ve never played a defense like ours…

8. ukblue22
    3:33 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

Everyone says they want Kentucky, until they get Kentucky.

9. deltasig41
    3:35 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

Talk is cheap…He can say whatever he wants to say. Teams have tried to get in our guys’ heads all season by talking trash, and this is no different…Guess what? It wont’ matter. It will likely add a bit of unnecessary motivation for our guys, and that’s great. But the fact is, if we come out and play our game, it wouldn’t matter if he guaranteed a win or anything else. We have the ballhandlers to handle the pressure. We have the best defense in the country, and we’ll get plenty of opportunities in transition and on the foul line. I think we’ll win handily.

Cats 68, WVU 51.

• Catsby80
      4:10 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

i like it… might even go a little more lopsided… 74-48. a lot of transition buckets with breaking the press and wvu struggles offensively. cats big time.

10. meeksfor3
    3:42 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

That is going to be one major surgery that kid is going to have to endure. Having his foot removed from his mouth and Huggy Bears foot removed from his rear will be rough.

11. dhighdrated
    3:45 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

good for him. i’m sure these kids get tired of being asked how they’re possibly going to beat kentucky. good for him for having confidence. i’m sure huggins likes it too.

• Chuck Norris
      4:08 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

I respectfully disagree. Yes, confidence is a good thing; but saying a team “doesn’t play hard” is bulletin board material, and I doubt Huggins will be pleased with that remark.

12. EdC
    4:28 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

Arkansas and Cincinnati yapped and yapped before the game too. How did that work out for them?

13. Time Expired
    4:41 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

Somebody anywhere please tell me WTF West Virginia can do that these Cats have not already faced. If they are so damned good how in hell they lose 10 games. This game very well could be a blowout for the Cats. They play the defense and rebound the ball and Cats cruise to an easy win.

• satcheluk
      8:50 am March 26, 2015 Permalink

WVU = shorter Arkansas or UL. We will bury them unless Cal lets off the gas at 10 minutes when we are up by 20+ points and we coast to a 10-12 point win.

14. BigO
    4:56 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

Boy I just hope they keep talking……please keep talking WVU players.

15. bayer
    7:22 pm March 25, 2015 Permalink

I just the Cats open strong and cruise from there. If they don’t open strong this could be another Cincy game but closer.