Danny McBride and Alison Brie’s Beat Louisville News and Views

DannyMcBrideAlison Brie

Hard to choose between these two, for completely different reasons.  Danny McBride might be the worst person imaginable, but is hysterical on Eastbound & Down.  Disclaimer: don’t watch it around your family.  Unless your family is lewd and vulgar or you want to get them out of your house.  Meanwhile, the delicate Alison Brie is famous for entirely different reasons: while not as vulgar, she’s certainly a little bit prettier than Danny McBride, and used that to good effect on Mad Men and Community.  Both brighten up a television lineup otherwise inundated with piss-poor reality TV, and both celebrate birthdays on the 29th.  We already got them their presents, and it’s a win over Louisville.  Speaking of which, on to the news…

Kentucky Beats Louisville, 73-66

After a year’s worth of misery, balance has been brought back to the Bluegrass as Kentucky gets basketball bragging rights over the filthy Cards.  There’s a lot to take away, like great performances from Andrew Harrison and James Young, and continuing struggles at the free throw line, but those can wait until tomorrow.  Or Monday.  Whenever.  Point is, we have a lot to be happy about tonight.  Here’s some highlights, which are just as good reheated.  Like an Arby’s sandwich.

Cats Responded Without Julius Randle

Beating Louisville is good. Closing out Louisville without Julius Randle for the crucial part of the second half is great.  After leaving with cramps, a lineup consisting mostly of Andrew and Aaron Harrison, James Young, Willie Cauley-Stein and Alex Poythress put together some terrific minutes and played great defense in keeping their feet on the Cardinals’ throats.  This team has to realize that each one of them is capable of playing good basketball, and they don’t have to rely on Randle’s dominance to win games.  For Randle, it should take some of the pressure off of being “The Guy,” and keep the number of triple-teams down in future games.  As worrying as it was to play without him, getting a W with him on the bench is great for this team.

erupption

Rupp Crowd Brought It

Rupp gets a lot of flack for pandering to the rich and famous rather than the “hardworking” students.  But sometimes, it doesn’t matter how old you are or how much money your seat costs: everybody’s there to get excited.  Today was one of those days, and I could heard the noise from all the way up in my nosebleed seat in 232.  The noise was terrific, but we still need to work on the clapping.  Plus, and this might be just me, but I think the “T” section in the C-A-T-S chant needs to get its act together.  Consistently a half second late.  But apart from that, “electric” is a great word for the atmosphere, and it showed.  Louisville’s players (and the refs, if you ask Ricky P) were a little flustered, forcing the Cards into 4 more turnovers than they’re used to.

Pitino Elected Not to Have a Post-Game Press Conference

How many of you read “Pitino Erected” there, just out of habit?  That’s understandable.  But he pulled something of a whiny move  by pulling out too early.  Plus he left quickly tonight.  Maybe he’ll have more to say on Monday, when he gets his hearing back.  But even if he doesn’t, I think his team said plenty tonight.

hutcherson

Josh Hutcherson Put the “Y” in “DreamY”

There may or may not have been a loud fangirl contingency screaming around me in Section 232, and I may or may not have been the first person to shout “That’s Peeta!” when they showed Josh on the screen the first time.  Some were asking were Josh Hopkins was, but for my money, Hutcherson has more momentum right now with Catching Fire so recently in theatres.  Hutcherson posed with the eRupption Zone and tried to get a wave started from midcourt.  Plus he looked so much taller without Jennifer Lawrence standing next to him.  #TeamPeeta #SuckItGale

I won’t keep you any longer.  Go celebrate.  Crack open that New Year’s sherry a little early and go a little crazy.  We’ve earned it.

Go freakin’ Cats.

Article written by Corey Nichols

40 Comments for Danny McBride and Alison Brie’s Beat Louisville News and Views

1. Karma
    12:08 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Hey, it’s red state Kentucky. Why shouldn’t the rich get the best seats? Why do any of you lemmings criticize them? They earned those seats right? They’re better than you and deserve those seats. That’s the Republican philosophy. If you’re Republican then never, ever complain about your betters not cheering to your liking again. I’ll use your most famous defense for everything. If you don’t like it get rich yourself and buy their tickets.

• Rei
      12:24 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

I’ve long said rest in peace to real conservatism. Neoconservatism is still rich in KY and it shows.

• Gohome
      1:03 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Politics don’t belong in sports. Go to the msnbc blog if you want to give your political opinion. No one here cares what you think.

2. Jim
    12:08 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Congrats, Little Brother. No One Sport Wonder brings it quite the way you do. Good luck the rest of the season and congrats on your bowl victory. Err…

3. bmt22033
    12:27 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Here’s what one NBA scout had to say about UK and UL players after the game…

• Fresh Prince
      1:52 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

I think the NBA Scout is spot on with his evaluation.

• Catlogic15
      7:44 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

These pro scouts don’t play around. They call it like it is. That’s their job.

• BNClay
      11:30 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

I am not buying the negative review on willy. He can develop some offensive game with time. And even if he doesn’t most of the bigs in the NBA aren’t scorers.

4. UK Football Fan
    12:30 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

At least we’re in the SEC. If Alabama…I mean Auburn wins we can claim the victory as our own, right?

Plus, we beat the pathetic Cards 7 times in a row in football once.

5. BBN Dave Grohl
    12:31 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

I’m so sick of reading political comments on this site…

• Southside_Jimbo
      12:37 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Are you a lib? Sick of seeing your boy Obama get his just desserts, huh?

• BBN Dave Grohl
      1:22 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

If you must know, I’m a Libertarian who voted for Romney last year. I come on to this website for Kentucky sports news, not to get into a political debate. I can’t stand to talk about politics anywhere, and this really isn’t the place for it. Once politics come into play on a non-political platform like this, people get pissed off easily. Then there are people like you who just go around assuming that if people don’t like to talk politics, they’re automatically a liberal. Can’t we all just get along tonight? We beat Louisville for God’s sake… We should all be happy and united on a night like this, not dividing each other with something that has NOTHING to do with this website. And just so we’re clear on this, I do not like Obama, I did not vote for Obama, and he is not my boy.
      Go Big Blue

• BBN Dave Grohl
      1:24 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

And just so you know, I was referring to the first comment on this post when I made my original comment

• Buckets
      5:46 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Idiots like Southside_Jimbo have nothing better to do than go on KSR and call other people they don’t even know “libs” just because they want to be mad at somebody because they don’t like Obama. I bet Southside_Jimbo gets into arguments with clouds that look too much like Bill Clinton.

6. Jb
    12:40 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Danny McBride the worst person imaginable??? That’s pretty weird. I can imagine much worst.

7. Seriously
    12:58 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

NOT COREY NICHOLS!!! NOOOOOOOOOOO

8. BleedingBlue79
    1:01 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Not sure where his seats were or why they didn’t show him, but I saw Josh Hopkins when he got to Rupp, so he was definitely in there somewhere.

9. Honest
    1:13 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

PROOFREADING IS YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!! You consistently bring down the quality of writing on this site not because of content or lack of grasp of the English language but because you fail to read over your post even one time. You’re a good writer–stop making mistakes simply because you don’t reread a couple times.

• Jake
      8:53 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Can anyone else spot the multiple mistakes in the above post? Ahhh irony, you’re so wonderful.

• Ryan
      11:37 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Got to love when some idiot bitches about grammar and writing, but then they screw it up in their reply post. Irony at its best.

10. who is uofl?
    1:57 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

If Randle plays 2nd half, and UK could make free throws, they win by 20-25. End of debate.

11. Vitamin
    2:52 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Lol pitino

12. WestWorld
    6:37 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Loved the highlight video. Tom Leach is one of the best play by play guys in the business.

13. Kidbt
    8:32 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

I don’t know either of those people and this post was redundant and awful. Go Cats.

14. EK
    8:46 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Where is all the looserville trash this morning?!!….. must have crawled back under their rocks! CATS looked pretty good last night….but still have some work to do, but headed in the right direction! The next few days of CAMP CAL should help!! Please practice FOUL SHOTS!! Keep up the hard work CATS, the BBN is behind you!! GO CATS!!!!

• I guess
      9:05 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

They’re still basking in the glow of the total beak-down put on Miami – to go 12-1 forthe second year in a row.

• L1C5
      9:42 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Ha ha ha “I guess”… That’s a good one! Basking in the glow of winning the prestigious Russell Garbage Bowl! What was that, the bowl to be the 16th best team in the country! Congrats on basking in the glory of 16th place.

• L1C5
      9:45 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

And yes, I realize 16th best is better than UK. But who the hell cares about a meaningless battle for 16th place? Anything less than winning the championship is just a battle for mediocrity

• I guess
      10:43 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Says the fan of the program that must improve dramatically to even reach mediocrity.

• [email protected]
      10:48 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

That’s true, we gotta improve to reach the Cards’ mediocre level. You all played one of the weakest schedules, and couldn’t even win your crappy conference. You beat a mediocre Miami team. You are the kings of mediocrity.

• Clint Hurtt
      10:52 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

I know better than anyone how much those Canes players love money. I paid them pretty good to let us win tonight. L1Cheat4eva

• Teddy Bridgewater
      10:56 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Speaking of money, coach… I’m gonna require 3x this year’s payment if you want me to come back to this dump next year.

• I guess
      1:00 pm December 29, 2013 Permalink

You got me there – only going 12-1 but, not going to back to back BCS games (words yut fans will never utter) means Louisville is terrible. Much better to never have any expectations placed on you, (see – uk), that way when you meet them year after year, no one is disappointed.

15. L1C5
    9:40 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Ha ha poor Louisville fans. It must suck to know that the only time they can beat Cal while he’s at UK is to barely scrape by on their home court in a season that we can’t make it past the first round of the NIT. Seriously, your national championship team only beat our NIT team by 3 on your home court. The rest of the time, we spank those asses like yesterday.

16. mikeyUKfan
    9:49 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Well, the Cats defeat the dirty birds 77 to 66. The year of the cardinal is over, http://s752.photobucket.com/user/richard4none/media/hfgcv_o.jpg.html
    RIP cards…
    Go Big Blue ! ! !

17. mikeyUKfan
    9:52 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

I meant 73 to 66

18. The W
    10:28 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Still trying to wrap my head around that Danny McBride comment. Why is he such a bad person? Because he usually plays off-putting characters in TV and movies? That’s a pretty thin and unfounded statement to make about someone who is a husband, father, and generally seems like a normal, all-around cool dude in real life.

• Corey Nichols
      2:36 pm December 29, 2013 Permalink

Yeah it was a hyperbolic statement made about his characters, not his real life personality. Probably is a cool dude. If I thought he read this or cared, I’d change it. If he brings it up, I’ll apologize.

19. barn
    10:37 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

year of the cardinal over indeed. their biggest weakness was exposed yesterday—lack of a good big. could be a long year for them even in the anonymous athletic conf., with Memphis, UConn, and even cinci on the sked

20. Skyle
    11:19 am December 29, 2013 Permalink

Shew wee – those highlights gave me the bubble guts this morning.