Daniel Orton involved in a brawl in Chinese professional game

Remember our old pal Daniel Orton? He’s playing basketball in China right now, and yesterday, was involved in a brawl with practically the entire Tianjin team that spilled into the stands. Check out the footage above.

But he’s a good kiiiiiiid, right?

13 Comments for Daniel Orton involved in a brawl in Chinese professional game

1. jrdh13
    3:35 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

wow he just wasn’t involved he was the damn reason it started. kid couldve stuck around and been like this years WCS but to damn stubborn!!!!!

2. Realme
    3:39 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

Not a good look for our old pal there. Hope he didn’t damage that dude’s leg. Now who in the world took the time to set that to music?

3. stratblend
    3:40 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

To be fair he was kicked in the face. He reacted poorly. But it wasn’t completely unprovoked

• stratblend
      3:42 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

Mrs. TT I respect the he’ll out pic your work but this reads like he’s no longer one of ours

• stratblend
      3:44 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

He’ll Out of your work. (Damn iPhone)

• stratblend
      3:44 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

Yup. I give up.

• Catsby80
      3:55 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

I didn’t see the part in the video where he was kicked in the face… looked to me like he was just pissed off and took it out on the first guy in his path.. it makes me laugh when i think back to the times when his old man said that he would’ve been better off going to kansas. instances like these make me wish that he would’ve gone to kansas.

• TrinityPills
      4:05 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

I didn’t read it as he isn’t one of ours anymore…however, if there was ever a player who I would argue against being a part of the family, it might be him. When you come to UK and leave early (whether it is the right or wrong thing to do for your career) you need to complete your coursework so you don’t put the team’s future APR at risk. We can all debate whether he would have been better-served to return for his sophomore year. I couldn’t care less as we don’t know what went in to the decision on his end. What we do know is that he didn’t complete his coursework when he left (even though he knew it would affect future APR scores – and claimed on twitter that he would complete it). You want to be a part of the family, handle your business. He didn’t.

As for the video, it didn’t look like he got kicked in the face. He was the aggressor but it didn’t look like he threw the first punch.

• BTownUKFan
      5:33 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

The guy kicked at him first, that’s what started it. Not sure if he got him in the face but he definitely kicked at him.

4. MIDDAY
    4:17 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

Dude, I can’t believe 🈴🈯️🈳🈵🈺🈹🈲 was winning by that much.

5. ktmiln2
    4:19 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

He’s still a good kiiid

6. Strohs Before Hoes
    4:28 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

uhh did he punch that guy in the leg?

7. Count Nefaria
    10:41 pm December 22, 2014 Permalink

He is one of our former players that I never liked…he always seemed like a punk to me. 99% of our guys are great but we get the occasional turds.