Dancing Guy Takes a Spill

635577998005265076475816194_9474203

“Mony, Mony” is usually Dancing Guy’s time to shine, but things turned ugly tonight at Rupp Arena.

After already performing his signature move on one handrail, a young girl joined in on the fun by dancing next to him.  How does he respond?  As if they had rehearsed the dance, he preceded to pick the young girl up off her feet before attempting to slide down a second rail with the young girl in his arms.  Needless to say, it didn’t go as he planned.

Another look:

Luckily, no one was hurt during the performance and Dancing Guy was promptly escorted out of the stands by Rupp Arena security.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

32 Comments for Dancing Guy Takes a Spill

1. A_Blue_Wildcat
    10:56 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

Maybe that will get him to stop grinding his crotch on the handrails

2. david8577
    11:09 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

Seriously, funny once, hasn’t been funny the successive 200 times.

3. kyball
    11:12 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

Easily my least favorite part of UK games. Embarrassing for our fan base and it made sportcenter tonight. Please make it stop!

4. winagain1
    11:16 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

UK needs to take control of this situation and make it stop. So embarrassing.. So glad the young lady wasn’t seriously injured.

5. bbn4LIFE
    11:17 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

Creep

6. jim111
    11:19 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

Typical UK fan/idiot. You can’t outrun the gene pool.

• J-Dub421
      11:48 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

#L1C8 jerk.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:58 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

Cats paw “liked” his post. Bet ya $5.

Trolls. Pathetic.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:59 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

Have fun watching the tournament the next couple of years.

7. Melvit
    11:22 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

After I saw him pelvic thrust into a little boy’s face a couple of years ago, I thought he should hang it up.

8. W.C.
    11:25 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

Sanitize that rail one last times and don’t let that guy back in. Thankful no one was hurt. (as far as we know)

9. DelrayCat
    11:27 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

Could you imagine the beatdown we could put on people if we re-allocated the seats to put the students down on the floor like Kansas or Duke?
    It is sad this fool is about as exciting as it gets down near the floor. Maybe one day if they build a new 25,000 seat arena things in the lower arena might be improved, but I doubt it.

• A_Blue_Wildcat
      11:35 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

I wish this could happen, but I’ve lost faith in believing that UK cares what the fans want

• ukjaybrat
      7:24 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

“what the fans want” They do care what the fans want… the fans with money. the ones that donate to the university. the broke ass college kids don’t count.

• blueman2
      8:07 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

You would think the students would get good seats. Not like some pay $22,000 a year or anything.

10. RealCatsFan
    11:44 pm February 9, 2016 Permalink

I get the feeling that Dancing Guy’s dancing days at Rupp are probably over. They simply cannot risk another serious injury from people falling in the arena. This could have easily turned out as bad or worse than the gentleman who ended up as a quadraplegic after trying to break his wife’s fall a few years ago, and this time a child was involved. Hey, I love to see fans getting into the game, but I’m afraid this guy has taken to a level where he thinks he’s a bigger show than what is going on down on the court. Time for security to put a stop to it before someone gets hurt.

• 2thepoint
      12:14 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Agree 100%. They should have stopped it long ago. It has always been gross and he can’t even dance. If he wants to go to games fine, but no dancing.

Also, UK is not going to change seating because the money people give too much money to do that. If they would build a new stadium it would be great to see a few rows of standing only for students around the entire arena IF they would elevate the floor. And then install seating for the money people and season ticket holders who have been faithful for years. I would also like to see arm chair seats in the upper arena. Like some others I am dreaming.

• JoeMoney333
      6:53 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

$$$ Never $$$ Happening $$$

11. ClutchCargo
    12:05 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Please make Dancing Guy stop. It really has run its course.

12. mlmcdo3
    12:18 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

This article could have been written much better instead of embarrassing Dancing Man. That guy is one of the biggest UK fans and is an awesome person. Before posting, do the research, especially on a day that your website receives national attention from ESPN. This guy is getting unfairly blasted, when most people, especially those in attendance at Rupp could not love him more.

• kvltclassic
      1:05 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

I mean, he made ESPN on his own. I don’t doubt he is a fine man but I’m sure that UK and Rupp Arena’s lawyers aren’t concerned about how nice of a person he is. He shouldn’t have picked that kid up like that if he couldn’t hold her up, actually he probably just shouldn’t have picked her up.

• chimichanga
      8:24 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

The truth of the matter is that he isn’t “famous” for being a nice guy, he’s known for grinding his dick across hand rails. I realize he has some health issues but someone needs to reel it in.

• RealCatsFan
      8:59 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

mlm, I posted mainly out of concern for his safety and the safety of others. Those concrete steps are pretty steep and unforgiving, and sliding down a rail like that, while not a big deal for someone in their 20’s, might be hazardous for someone his age. From the looks of him I would say that he is no spring chicken. I’m not saying that he shouldn’t dance anymore, just take the rail sliding out of his routine.

13. Catnip387
    12:33 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

We were there and watched in horror as this played out. It was awful. I’m so thankful neither of them were badly injured. Each game we attend we dread the moment when Dancing Man appears and makes a spectacle of himself. We’ve never understood how this was allowed if not simply from a safety perspective and now you have this. I appreciate his enthusiasm for UK but if everyone were allowed to dance in the aisles, slide down the hand rails and hang from the rafters it would be pure chaos. It’s time for this nonsense to end.

14. bige
    1:05 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Too bad this happened…
    College sports are meant for youthful exuberance and this guy displays that.

I had hoped Rupp officials would at least make him use a standard routine and keep him off the rails as it’s unsafe and a bit disturbing to watch a grown man slide down a rail in the manner he does.
    Thankfully, there were no serious injuries.

15. lmatlock11
    1:17 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

For those asking him to stop, he came back after being escorted out and said as he was leaving for the second time, “I’m finished”.

16. leftygilmore
    1:49 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

His name is Darren and he’s from Frankfort. He’s a good guy that suffered from baD seizures and falls as a kid I hear. Had a brain tumor for years before having it removed.

I played on church softball team with him.

He loves UK anything and gets in free for games as ppl give him tickets. But he shouldn’t be picking up anyone. Bad move and he and the lady could have been hurt. Hope he’s not banned though

17. TMZ35
    1:49 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Geez. How bitter are you guys? Dude likes to have some fun and I think it’s hilarious and light-hearted. Could use a few more people like him around here. I’m sure he meant no harm to the little girl and got caught up in the moment and made a mistake. A big one, yes, but just a mistake. He can slide down every rail in the arena for all I care. He’s just having a good time. Just no more passengers.

• ukjaybrat
      7:27 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

what he does is his own deal. i don’t care, but he shouldnt have picked up the girl. she could sue the pants off of him and rupp arena if she wanted to.

18. Jude
    4:30 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

The dude is special needs I believe, not that it will make a difference to most. And that doesn’t make his dancing ok, just sayin the dude is a special needs human.

19. kyle heavy
    8:59 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

I agree Dancing Guy needs to stop but why is no one asking why in the heck the girl chose to go up and dance with him? Must have been her first game or she would have known better!

20. SquirtToTheCeiling
    1:05 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

I get that people are upset that he dropped the girl but those fans that are bashing him just purely for dancing the hundreds of other times he’s done it are assholes.