Dancing Guy apologizes for the spill

Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 10.44.23 AM

Darren Moscoe, also known as “Dancing Guy,” had this heartfelt message for the young girl he accidentally dropped while dancing in Rupp Arena last night.

Article written by Drew Franklin

28 Comments for Dancing Guy apologizes for the spill

1. Willis talkin bout....
    10:52 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Everyone stumbles from time to time.. Keep rockin the Blue and White brother!

2. lexslamman
    10:52 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Leave dancing guy alone. LEAVE HIM ALONE!

3. david8577
    10:57 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

That’s about as heartfelt as it gets there. I assume his request is mainly for forgiveness from the girl, and secondarily BBN, but he’s forgiven in my book. Keep dancing, but maybe leave the rails alone now.

4. AllBlueAllDay
    11:01 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Stuff happens from time to time. That was about as heartfelt of an apology as you can get. Keep on rocking Dancing Guy.

5. Duuuuuude
    11:08 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

I never liked the whole idea of Dancing guy, but good lord, you have to feel for a guy who obviously feels horrible for his mistake. I hope after a brief cooling off period that he returns. His spirit is needed in an otherwise bland game environment.

6. Bobbum Man
    11:24 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

I don’t think many people have an issue with him dancing. But good grief leave other people’s kids out of it

7. Sasquatch
    11:28 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Feel bad for the guy. Hopefully he doesn’t stop dancing, but he doesn’t need to put himself and others in danger to be Rupp’s dancing guy.

8. ClutchCargo
    11:38 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

It’s good that he apologized to the kid and her family and it was the right thing to do… but please, no more dancing in the aisles and sliding down the rails. We don’t need any more UK fans to end up quadriplegic from a fall in Rupp. That, and it’s just creepy to watch.

9. the ghost of Bill Hicks
    11:42 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

He needs to stop….his antics are cringeworthy and it makes us look bad.

• Angelo
      11:45 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Agree

• SquirtToTheCeiling
      12:57 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

“his antics are cringeworthy” says the 70 year old man who sits in his seat all game and never stands up.

Either that or you’re a 15 year old girl, I can’t tell which. Get over yourself. If you’re embarrassed by a fan dancing at a basketball game, you need to reevaluate your life.

• the ghost of Bill Hicks
      2:16 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

I’m 40 and a grown man…..I just think that folks with mental issues grinding their junk on hand rails doesn’t exactly put the BBN in the best light. If the shoe were on the other foot and a black lady did this at the UL games, she’d be the butt of A LOT of jokes.

• SquirtToTheCeiling
      2:59 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

He is the butt of jokes though. I agree that the hand railing thing is a bit too much but I don’t think he needs to stop altogether.

The difference between what you said and Darren is that one has mental health issues. Did he cross the line somewhere? Probably. Let him keep dancing though, just tone back on some of the stuff.

10. KYintheNC
    11:46 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Keep in mind that the dancing guy is a star athlete with Special Olympics Kentucky. People and KSR need to lay off. His dancing probably means so much to him. I think he now knows it’s best not to carry someone.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:48 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Like I said in an earlier post – sometimes you just need to know a person’s situation in order to feel a little empathy for them. It humanizes them. This is obviously just a good guy who loves his Cats and loves to dance. I say keep on dancing, Darren! But as others have said, leave the rail sliding for the Darwin Awards skateboarders on You-tube. I hope the young lady involved has a chance to let him know that he is forgiven – he obviously felt really bad about it.

12. nybrasky
    11:51 am February 10, 2016 Permalink

Just be thankful that no one was hurt, learn and move on – maybe leave the railings alone.

13. UK Fan In Nashville
    12:01 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

He is a wonderful human with special needs and the “dancing guy” persona gives him a sense of self-worth. I feel so horrible for him. I’m glad everyone is OK, and I’m sure he won’t be carrying any kids anymore.

14. ukcat56
    12:05 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

I like Dancing Guy, he made a mistake and all is good with the girl. No Harm, No Foul.

15. bluetide
    12:09 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

I always love seeing Dancing Guy…it’s always a highlight for me and my wife to pick him out of the crowd down low when he starts his storied routine. He learned this lesson the hard way, and I’m sure he won’t do that again. Keep dancing Dancing Guy!!! Actually, since the girl didn’t get hurt I am glad for this to happen bc now I could get to know the real man behind the legend.

• the ghost of Bill Hicks
      12:13 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

“Storied routine”….hilarious, don’t hold your breath for ESPN to do a 30 For 30 on him.

16. Sentient Third Eye
    12:15 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

He’s practically an institution by now, so hopefully there is a way for him to continue (while understanding some reasonable limits and constraints).

17. BK
    1:09 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Good job Darren, you made a mistake, you admitted it, and you asked for forgiveness. I was at the game last night and saw it happen. We all make mistakes. You’ve overcome so much in your life and you will overcome this. I always look forward to seeing you at the games and hope you will be able to continue your tradition having learned this lesson. Be strong, carry on…..

18. jman3715
    1:20 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Maybe someone should just have a simple conversation with him and ask that he not slide down the rail any longer and leave it at that.

19. KTower
    1:52 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

If they would quit playing the stupid out of date song at Rupp the dancing dude would be out of business.

Problem solved

• mapcatfan
      2:23 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Yes, and Ohio State should quit playing “Hang On Sloopy”, Duke “Devil With the Blue Dress”, ………….and so on since they are out of date. Good grief.
      Keep the song and keep Dancing Man. Just prohibit the hand rail maneuver and him picking anyone up.

20. 3 fan
    2:32 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

I’m sure he is very sorry but end of the day this has to stop. Its embarrassing to watch. No one wants to watch anyone grind on handrails.

Put him in the middle of the bluehairs and let them tell him to sit down

21. winagain1
    5:33 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

When he invokes the railing into his routine he crosses the line. When he pelvic thrusts his hips at head level to young children he crosses the line. When he picks up children and slides down railing and throws them down the concrete steps he crosses the line.

But by all means don’t stop doing it! Sometimes I wonder about people…

22. damage_control
    7:15 pm February 10, 2016 Permalink

Ah man-now I officially feel terrible for laughing so hard at that vine posted during last night’s game.