Dan Dakich predicted Fox’s triple-double and UK’s final score

dakich

ESPN is calling Dan Dakich “NostraDakich” today after the analyst accurately predicted Kentucky’s final point total and De’Aaron Fox’s triple-double.

The predictions came with a couple minutes left in the first half of last night’s game, when Dakich told the broadcast, “This one might be 115” and “he’s going to have a triple-double.”

Dakich will be on KSR tomorrow morning to discuss that game and more, so be sure to tune in for that.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Dan Dakich predicted Fox’s triple-double and UK’s final score

1. Duuuuuude
    12:14 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

Yea yea yea, that and that he held Michael Jordan to 9 points. What in the hell did UK playing AZ St have to do with him playing against Jordan any way?

• D0nc0smic
      3:46 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

He told that story during every single game that he announced during the Battle for Atlantis as well.

2. symphonist41169
    12:22 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

He may have been very complimentary of the Cats and Cal last night but I still think he’s a douchebag and always will be. One game of compliments isn’t going to make that leopard change his spots.

3. sckysportsink
    12:23 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

Impressive. Long shot hits. Wonder if he would give us some spreads for our next trip to Vegas?

4. Sentient Third Eye
    12:33 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

While I appreciate the nice things he said about Kentucky, he’s trying too hard to be a “big persona” like Dicky V. That distracts from the game and is out of place.

5. RealCatsFan
    12:47 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

Speaking of media, Jerry Eaves (a UofL guy, no less), is absolutely going off on Petrino’s behavior in the post game press conference, from his complaining about the “bad question” to leaving the interview early, to staring down the reporter as he left. What a freakin’ toddler. Completely agree with Jerry.

6. sincitycat
    1:03 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

I enjoyed Dankich last night and thought he was insightful and funny. He would be fun to drink a beer with and I would take him any time over Dukie V..

• rockatao
      2:29 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

absolutely … dakich gives you his unvarnished opinion whether you like or not ..and I often don’t like it, but I’ll take him anytime over Vitale

7. rainman
    1:10 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

Doesn’t

8. rainman
    1:11 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

Work
    TERRIBLE

9. jonthes
    1:18 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

He’ll always be Jakich to me. Incurable.

10. lexslamman
    1:20 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

The “wife in a bikini” comment was in terrible taste.

11. trumpet player
    1:24 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

If I were running ESPN, I’d fire Dan Dakich. I mean, I’d look at him right in that fat, ugly face of his, I’d say ‘Dan, you’re fired.”

12. claiborne_field
    1:26 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

I thought the guy was hilarious and entertaining. The comments about Monk and Fox’s shoes and the “veteran” Willis as well as whether or not the ref had ever played basketball before had me laughing. If he’s sincerely this high on UK, I certainly welcome his analysis in future broadcasts.

13. RealCatsFan
    2:04 pm November 29, 2016 Permalink

I didn’t have a problem with his analysis either. Thought he did a good job – infinitely better than the goobers who called the football game.

We Cats fans have to understand that a lot of these guys are in the entertainment industry, and many of them also write web articles that they need to show hits for to stay gainfully employed. Therefore, sometimes they will write (or say) something a little controversial just to stir up, ahem, conversation amongst the fans. So yes, in a way, we are being played. Most of the time, it’s not personal, although there are a few of them who probably do have a personal slant against the Cats – maybe a fan or coach rubbed them the wrong way at some point. Yes, they should remain neutral, but they are human. In the end, our collective blood pressure would probably benefit from having thicker skin.

14. Sublem