Dakari says he’s still not over The Loss either

Screen Shot 2015-06-12 at 10.23.26 AM

Yesterday, Dakari Johnson worked out for his hometown Brooklyn Nets, and afterwards, told reporters something we’ve heard a lot lately: he’s still not over The Loss.

“I’m still not over it, it’s still a tough loss,” Dakari said. Coincidentally, Wisconsin guard Josh Gasser was also part of yesterday’s workout, but Dakari said he hasn’t given him any grief.

“Josh is here too, he’s actually a pretty cool guy,” Johnson said. “I don’t have any grudges against him….He’s a pretty cool guy.”

John Calipari, Karl Towns and Willie Cauley-Stein have also said they’re not over The Loss. Two months postmortem, the fact that they’re still affected by it too is kind of comforting.

[ZagsBlog]

13 Comments for Dakari says he’s still not over The Loss either

1. Dave19
    12:17 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

The 1992 loss was heartBREAKING. The 2015 loss was heartCRUSHING. I got over the Duke loss, sans the annual Laettnersab ripping. I may NEVER get over this one.

• Leuther
      4:15 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

No one of us should EVER get over it because it NEVER should have happened with all the talent we had…

• Leuther
      6:29 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

Go Cards!

2. Dave19
    12:18 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

‘ … Laettner SCAB ripping…’

3. matt
    12:20 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

I love it! hahahahahahaha

• TheDude
      1:36 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

Do you love being 1-7 vs UK? Hahahahahahahaha.

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

4. Cleveland
    1:17 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

Just wait til next year when Cal is running the platoons in the NBA for us. Guaranteed title!

5. Alice Stevenson
    2:00 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

I won’t ever get over it. I just arrived that day in Berlin on a trip with my students and I could only get the live blog that evening (the game started at 3am). I was in agony in the last few minutes, so much that I got up and tripped over my suitcase and blacked my eye. I was already jet lagged but now I was bruised, bloodied, and broken-hearted too. I am still so hurt.

6. Jim 1
    2:02 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

It’s hard to forget when you’ve been robbed by three blind mice who didn’t see the shot clock violation or the out of bounds violation that cost the CATS 4 pts and totally changed the outcome of the game. The tv broadcast, the radio broadcast, the fans, all saw the bad calls, everyone accept the three blind mice. That makes it so hard to forget. Although the CATS had a great season, it should not have been ended by three blind mice.

I don’t hate Laettner, but the stomp on Timberlake that should have gotten him ejected from the game by three blind mice, so he should not have been there to take the final shot. Will this blind mice business ever end for the CATS?

7. Wildcat Sheli
    4:39 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

I’m not over it, either! Last year, I was so proud that they made it to the Championship Game and though I would have loved for them to win, didn’t get “down” about the loss. This year was different. Still as proud of the team as ever! Even more than last year because they worked so very hard all season long and were so fun to watch. But the reason I’m not over the final game is because they should have won. I know how much of a sore loser I sound, but I feel that the officiating took the game away from the team that deserved it. And that’s not fair. It’s just not. It took me a week to re-watch the Wisconsin game and when I did, it became obvious that someone didn’t want UK to win. Plain and simple. Go back and watch the last 4 minutes and see if you don’t get sick. Analyze the facts objectively. With 12.2 seconds left we were only down 2. To everyone who says the shot clock violation didn’t matter, think about this: if that basket hadn’t counted, UK would have been TIED with 12.2 seconds left! TIED. With 12.2 seconds remaining! And this doesn’t include the other TERRIBLE calls throughout the game, where technically UK should have been up at this point. (And the momentum shift that basket off the violation created can’t be fully realized, either. Things turned around so fast). I remember saying at halftime that Wisconsin already had at least 4 more points than they should have due to bad calls. A little call here, and a little call there was enough to take it away from the ‘Cats. Why does it haunt me so? Because it wasn’t right, plain and simple. This team deserved better than the way it was officiated. A whole lot better. Not. Over. It.

8. matt
    6:10 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

Where’s your 38-1 t-shirt at? Hahahahahahahahahahaha

• CardFan502
      6:24 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

Exactly. I’m reppin’ my Cards 24-8 tee on da regular.

• theSkinny81
      7:09 pm June 12, 2015 Permalink

Aww, Matt. You’re gonna have to do better than that!