Dakari Johnson in a selfie wants an updated mock draft roundup

@devnhenry

@devnhenry

@devnhenry

It’s decision week for five Cats, and in turn, the national media is churning out the latest updates of their mock drafts. So you don’t have to spend your afternoon searching, here’s a roundup of who they’re saying will go when:

The Sporting News

5. Julius Randle (Boston)
13. James Young (Minnesota)
21. Andrew Harrison (Memphis)
25. Aaron Harrison (Houston)

Sports Illustrated Mock Draft 1.0

5. Julius Randle (Boston)
13. James Young (Minnesota)

Chad Ford’s Top 100 (updated 4/18)

5. Julius Randle
15. James Young
30. Andrew Harrison
33. Aaron Harrison
35. Dakari Johnson
51. Alex Poythress

Draft Express 2014 Mock Draft (updated 4/18)

4. Julius Randle (Utah)
15. James Young (Atlanta)

NBADraft.net 2014 Mock Draft (updated 4/16)

4. Julius Randle (Utah)
11. James Young (Denver)
30. Andrew Harrison (San Antonio)
40. Aaron Harrison (New Orleans)

31 Comments for Dakari Johnson in a selfie wants an updated mock draft roundup

1. ukbradstith
    1:11 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Twins have to come back. If they go, neither goes 1st round. Poythress might not even go second round.

2. Serius
    1:19 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Misses T, I want to give you the D.

How do you feel about this?

• Mr T.
      1:53 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Shut up Fool!!!

3. Duuuuuude
    1:20 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

What good are these things? Just look at them. They are about as useful as pre-season basketball rankings and pre-post season bracketology.

4. Whitey
    1:22 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

I’m sure her Dad his proud of that pick.

• Rei
      1:25 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Pick

• Blackie
      2:23 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Hey, Whitey – one more time, but in English please…..

• Whitey
      9:14 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Sorry. I’m a Kentuckuan. Spellin ain’t my strong soot.

5. Casper
    1:44 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

lottery looks possible for James Young.
    the twins have 10+ guards ahead of them,
    no way will they both make first round.

6. I'm Just Sayin
    1:48 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

I think the twins will be gone. From the sounds of it they are looking for a reason to go and a random mock that puts them both in first round will probably be enough. Hope they don’t make a mistake. I honestly thought Goodwin was screwing up royally last year and was wrong.

• RUPPS_rhetoric
      1:59 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

You are probably right about them wanting to go. But one mock draft isn’t what’s going to push them out the door. They’re not that stupid. Their Dad is a smart man and is gathering feedback from the NBA. If all these GMs are telling them that they are fringe 1st round, likely 2nd round they’ll come back. NBADraftExpressBasementBlog.com mock draft isn’t going to change that.

• I'm Just Sayin
      2:11 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

That’s not really what I meant to say but I agree that’s what it sounds like I said. I guess my point is they seem to me to be looking for an excuse to go. If that’s the case it would seemingly take very little to convince them.

• RUPPS_rhetoric
      2:21 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

I think the only thing that would make them leave would be guaranteed 1st round draft selections from a team(s). I do think they want to go, but I still believe that they will only go if it’s the best decision for them. I don’t think that lessens what it will take for them to go. I see your point, but I think in their case just because they want to go doesn’t mean they’ll necessarily run with the smallest bit of news and declare, or what you’re referring to as an excuse. I still think they’re in the process of making the best business decision for them. I think there is a difference with wanting to go and being desperate to go. I don’t get the sense that they’re desperate to go. I think it will take hard concrete assurance from the proper NBA channels to get them to declare. I may be wrong, but that’s just my take on it.

7. Bleed Blue
    1:50 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

The twins are looking for guaranteed first round and they aren’t going to get that. Notice the sites that have them in the early 20s don’t receive the attention the other do. That’s because they aren’t as good at what they do.

8. troy
    1:53 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

I dont see the bump. Because tue sporting news says something. Everyone else still has them the same. They’ll both be second round dleague players if they go

9. Irvin
    2:03 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Twins need to make up their minds, either stay or go. I think they both believe they NBA ready,but refuse to accept the truth.

• BocasCat
      2:33 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Yea they should make their life decisions on our time table and not take the time to fully evaluate it.

10. Big Blue Cat
    2:04 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Twins, stay. Win the ‘ship. Gather some defensive skills. Go be lottery picks next year.

11. mike
    2:09 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Love the idea of Rondo having Randle to feed in the post.

12. ksprouse
    2:15 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

These things are a joke……I’m a die hard spurs fan and there is no way they would ever take Andrew Harrison. I love the guy but come on…….there isn’t a single thing about his game that would fit their system.

• Mc
      2:19 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

To me, looking at the Sporting News mock draft, Tyler Ennis would make more sense at that spot than Andrew. What do I know though? What do these guys know though too? Exactly.

13. Alamo_CatFan
    2:19 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Why does that young lady look like she’s in pain?

• Mc
      2:19 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Dakari’s

14. desean
    2:30 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Honestly who’s to say that they would go first round next year cuz all type of things could happen next that could leave them in the same position they are this year because the incoming freshman that’s bout to join college basketball could have big seasons or you could have a bunch of players like nik stauskas who wasn’t on NBA teams radars that jumps in the first round then you have the guards that will go to the d-league that could re-enter the Draft.

• Mc
      2:38 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

That’s true. This past season they played better down the stretch and if they can show that capability for an entire season next year it won’t hurt-it will help. As of this point this year’s draft is projected to be a lot better than next years draft. Last season we knew that draft would be weak and it was. Next year’s doesn’t seem to be as deep at the guard spot. But like you said, you never know. If I were to bet, I’d say coming back and improving on game while showcasing leadership skills would give them a better opportunity to be first round picks in a draft projected to be weaker than this year’s.

15. JustSayin
    2:30 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

What the twins have to keep in mind is that it is likely they’ll slip further down due to draft day changes and conjecture regarding foreign players. Every year there are a few guys drafted from overseas and everyone is like WTF .. who is that guy. A lot of foreign guys are drafted on size/potential/rumors of greatness, etc.

16. Dondontknow
    2:51 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Hate to say it cause I am a huge Big Blue fan but Randle is the only one that is half way ready for the NBA! James Young (and I think he can be really good) will be sorely disappointed with his decision. Going to have to play defense in the NBA as well as handle the ball and learn to pass. If its about money then he’ll be happy–if its about playing time-well hello D-league! The rest is a no brainer-need to come back!

17. Dakari's Johnson
    2:57 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Young lady in the picture looks like she’s feelin’ it! 😉

18. Walden Schmidt
    3:09 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Is Dakari drilling that ?

19. Mock Draft 2015
    3:45 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

A big thing that these players need to consider is the lack of depth in this up coming 2015 draft. A lot of these players including Randle could move up a great deal if they stayed this year and showed scouts more consistence. Yes I did say Randle could move up as well, the kid is projected top 5 but if he stayed another year and developed an outside shot to his game and showed the NBA that he has the ability to play the 3 as well he would be pretty hard to turn down as the number one overall pick. I know the response to this is injury and all that jazz but besides Randle everyone else considering going is going to be taking a risk either way.

20. Rating