DAKARI JOHNSON goes 48th to the Oklahoma City Thunder

IMG_6534

Congrats to Dakari, who just got drafted by the Oklahoma City Thunder. That means he will play for Billy Donovan, which is pretty neat I guess.

Only Aaron left…

8 Comments for DAKARI JOHNSON goes 48th to the Oklahoma City Thunder

1. Rixter
    12:00 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

Oh, Snap.. the Mavericks just drafted the Chief from One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest!

2. Kyblue34
    12:03 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

Dakari is a steal for the Thunder!

3. TR
    12:13 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

He will bring the Thunder to the Thunder! Go get “em Dakari.

4. TX Cat Fan
    12:18 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

Wait, I thought these UK guys are not supposed to have any lingering connection with UK…just in it for themselves. Where the UofL guys have a real relationship with their coach and the whole L1C4 thing? Huh…interesting how the UK guys sport their UK jerseys for the ESPN pics while UofL wear the combine gear. And it’s great to see a rick there supporting his guys!

• Dee W.
      1:08 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

I noticed the same thing. UK guys chose to wear their Kentucky jerseys vs. the NBA jerseys for the U of L guys.

5. J-Dub421
    12:27 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

Dakari will be a solid player in the league for quite some time.

6. Shawn Bockelman
    12:53 am June 26, 2015 Permalink

How in the world does a team not take a chance on Aaron?? Other than Karl, he would’ve been the player that we could least afford to lose. Seriously, if you asked yours

7. ukcamel
    12:39 pm June 26, 2015 Permalink

I think that sadly Aaron and Andrew were never going to be first round picks. Just not the kind of athletes that go in the first round as guards. Dakari though, I think another year might have gotten him into the lottery or even the top-5. Obviously he can still develop, but he is not going to have much financial security early in his career. Really glad Lee came back too. He is another guy who would have probably been an early 2nd rounder but has the potential to play his way into the lottery next year.