Congratulations to Dakari Johnson and Alex Poythress, who were named NBA D-League All-Stars this afternoon. The two will play in the D-League All-Star Game in New Orleans February 18 at 2:30 p.m. ET on NBATV. Dakari, who is in his second season with the Oklahoma City Blue, was also named D-League Player of the Week. He’s currently averaging 18.4 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 1.5 blocks. Meanwhile, Poythress, who is with the Fort Wayne Mad Ants, is averaging 18.9 points, 7.5 rebounds, 1.4 assists, and 1.6 blocks.
John Calipari tweeted his congratulations minutes ago:
This is part of that climb to an NBA roster for them. Just the next step in the process.
— John Calipari (@UKCoachCalipari) February 6, 2017
If you’re keeping score at home, Kentucky will now have nine players involved in NBA All-Star Weekend, which takes February 17-19 in Nawlins:
- Rising Stars Challenge (Friday, 9 p.m.): Karl Towns, Devin Booker, Jamal Murray, Trey Lyles
- D-League All-Star Game (Saturday, 2:30 p.m.): Dakari Johnson and Alex Poythress
- Skills Challenge (Saturday, 8 p.m.): Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall, Devin Booker
- All-Star Game (Sunday, 8 p.m.): Anthony Davis (starter), DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall
Let’s celebrate with some of Dakari and Alex’s recent highlights:
– Fort Wayne Mad Ants (@TheMadAnts) January 13, 2017
– NBA D-League (@nbadleague) January 20, 2017