CoachCal.com profiles James Young

young

Playing basketball at the University of Kentucky is a dream come true for James Young.

“I’ve always wanted to go to Kentucky (and join) the great history that they have,” he said in an exclusive interview for his ‘Meet The Wildcats’ profile on CoachCal.com. “Once I got the opportunity to come here, it was just mind-blowing for me.”

Young said he used to watch old videos of Tayshaun Prince, one of his favorite players. Maybe we’ll see a Tayshaun-like shooting performance this upcoming season from Young, who said shooting the 3-ball is his strength.

“I get on the (shooting) gun like every day. I’m a great 3-point shooter,” he said.

You can read more about Young turning down Michigan State and Michigan, his home-state schools, and a long summer of rumors over at CoachCal.com.

Go Cats.

[Meet The Wildcats: James Young]

Article written by Drew Franklin

7 Comments for CoachCal.com profiles James Young

1. does of reality
    11:49 am September 12, 2013 Permalink

James “new flash” – UK has barely run the dribble drive in the last few years. If Cal said he would run it more this year, hopefully he will keep his word (unlike most college coaches).

2. Drew Franklin
    11:58 am September 12, 2013 Permalink

Hey y’all good luck on Saturday with you all’s game against Louisville you all

3. GTx2
    12:59 pm September 12, 2013 Permalink

Stud.

4. cotton nash
    1:54 pm September 12, 2013 Permalink

You go, James!!! No doubt the fans don’t yet fully understand/appreciate just how great you are. You show them,…like I know you will. We got your back.

5. KevinM
    2:03 pm September 12, 2013 Permalink

No doubt we are looking at a terrific player who will make his name known to everyone early on.

Shooters have a way of finding their roles early on.

JY is going to be our X-Factor this year.

6. specialetta
    7:33 pm September 12, 2013 Permalink

KevinM, I agree. Believe he is really going under the radar with such a talented team this year.

Love when a kid gets to go to his dream school. Welcome to the BBN James!!!!!

7. Mark
    9:00 am September 15, 2013 Permalink

I have been getting into tapes of James Young since he commited. He can hit from anywhere and his air time is just crazy. Looking forward to watching him rack up points this year. Don’t believe he will be here more than one year. It is great to have so many weapons. I am not sure how a team will be able to guard us :)? Is it Basketball season yet? Can’t stand it. GO BIG BLUE!!! Welcome James to the BBN!!!!