Coach K can’t stop raving about Tyler Ulis

© Dennis Wierzbicki

© Dennis Wierzbicki

© Dennis Wierzbicki

A very humble Mike Kryzwlksdjfg; met with the media to discuss his team’s 74-63 loss to Kentucky, and instead of talking about his players, he spent 75% of his press conference raving about Tyler Ulis.

“They were stronger than we were,” Coach K said. “Ulis played a great game. There aren’t many out there like him.”

When asked how Tyler overcomes his small stature against taller players, Coach K said it was simple: he has more heart.

“God was good to him. He didn’t give him height, but he gave him a heart that’s five times bigger than most people’s,” he said. “I admired his presence throughout the game and his face throughout the game. It was the look of a winner.”

ulis-blood

11 Comments for Coach K can’t stop raving about Tyler Ulis

1. Leroy Bird - 00
    10:39 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

You can tell from my moniker I like the little guys. That said, Ulis is special and it didn’t take this game to know it. He will have a season’s worth of “coming out parties” and I fully believe he’ll lead us to a title this year. He is a monster and there is NO ONE who i’d choose to lead us over him.

Great win! Go Cats!

2. UKALLDAY1
    10:46 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

We have the 3 best point guards in the country on this team. Tyler, Jamal and Briscoe are problems, Briscoe is still hurt out there, wait until he is full go. Duke was exposed tonight, even with all the bogus fouls on Skal. The refs decided they weren’t going to let him play in this game. We didn’t even need him to smash Duke.

• Leroy Bird - 00
      10:55 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

I actually think we might have shown tonight that we don’t need (or want) to run the offense through Skal. With 3 legit guards, we can be a different team than we’ve been in previous years. NOT to say we have not had legit guards in years past – just think we have focused on pushing offense through Davis and Towns (rightly so) but this year could be all quickness all the time.

• Craig
      11:01 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Agreed, Leroy. We need our 3 guards initiating the offense and attacking the basket. Lee and Poythress catch dump offs for dunks, Skal and Humphries pull out of the lane to spot up for jumpshots. Pull the opposing big men away from the basket, and make defenses pick their poison. Try to guard our 3 guards 1 on 1, or give up open jumpers to guys who will nail them. After tonight, I’m thinking we have to see a lot of zone, but I think we’re built to beat a zone. We have guys who can drive a zone, we have good passers, we can back cut it, and we can hit mid range jumpers.

3. Catlogic15
    10:49 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

OK, new year, new Tyler. Can we retire the streaming blood picture now?
    Certainly there are more pictures that capture the heart and tenacity of this kid.

• girl wildcat fan
      12:14 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

I love this picture of Ulis although I prefer the one with the “blue blood”.

4. pr87bluKfan
    11:02 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

I dont like Duke whatsoever.. But i gotta say much respect to Coach K for comments like that..

• Long Dong Silver
      11:06 pm November 17, 2015 Permalink

While I’m not a fan of Coach K, but I’ve found him to be very complimentary of our programs over the years. He was very classy back in ’92.

5. thrillbilly
    12:12 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

My pet turtle thought Ulis played aight

6. Dennis Smith
    1:36 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Listen to Baby Magic. Himself once a great talent. An old timer now, but someone that may have the best understanding about this very special team.

7. Dave Ball
    7:47 am November 18, 2015 Permalink

Ulis starts and plays more minutes than Andrew Harrison in last year’s FF and Kentucky wins the title…I still believe he was the best player UK had vs Wisconsin…thankfully he’s the man…and since I share his height challenged stature I predict that ULIS will one day have his jersey hanging from the rafters