Coach Cal will see the Pope tomorrow

While you and I are doing regular, human being things tomorrow, John Calipari will be in Washington to meet the Pope.

Pope Francis landed in the States yesterday to a red-carpet welcome (greeted by your boy Obama) and he will tour various parts of the country over his six-day stay. Tomorrow, he will meet the head coach of your University of Kentucky Wildcats in D.C.

Following the UK alumni charity game earlier this month, Calipari said of his scheduled visit with the Pope, “I don’t know if I’m going to be able to kiss his ring, but I’m going to be there listening to him.”

Cal plans to attend the Pope’s address to the Joint Meeting of Congress.

Article written by Drew Franklin

41 Comments for Coach Cal will see the Pope tomorrow

1. deWildcat
    4:33 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Drew, I’m a libertarian and that does not equal Obama … but I’m sure a few in Kentucky love him.

2. Scott
    4:41 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Sitting here trying to complete these Gawd-awful government forms for ACA compliance and Medicare for my employees and getting madder by the minute with the beaurcracy, so I go to KSR for some relief from the BS. First thing I see is about Obama!! I HATE Obama. Lets concentrate on UK sports please.

• Repubs Make Me Sick
      5:39 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Its Obama’s fault. I don’t know how and why, but it’s definitely Obama’s fault. In fact, I don’t know a lot of things but that’s okay because I just turn on fox news and they tell me what to think, say, and do. Because when it comes right down to it, I’m just another cellar dwelling, republican suck pump with low intelligence, and no money. I spent it all on guns, more guns, bigger guns, and lots and lots of ammo, rations, and ted nugget books and records. Never mind the ACA was created by Republicans. Congressional Republicans had PLENTY of opportunity to weigh in and gave many considerations for the bill that were included, but later decided not to vote for it because of that danged Ol’ Obama.

So again, it’s definitely Obama’s fault. In fact, fox news tells me that everything that is wrong, everywhere, is Obama’s fault. And it’s always going to be Obama’s fault. So screw the so called facts from anyone else other than fox news. Because Obama lies, and OBAMA LIES! AND ITS ALWAYS GOING TO BE OBAMA’S FAULT!

So, i’ma thinking that I should get used to it always being Obama’s fault, and you should too! I know all this to be true because fox news wouldn’t lie to me, right?

• Red Headed Stepchild
      5:48 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

/\ your right…left. I hate the rePUBS as well. Especially when they get caught in the back of your tonsils . Cough, Cough !!!!

• TrueBlueBaby
      11:54 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

It’s Nugent not nugget and you’re not your; but what do I know? I’m just a dumb Republican, right? Lol

• CatsBy80
      8:55 am September 24, 2015 Permalink

I find it amusing that dems criticize republicans for watching fox news and claim that it is biased, yet they watch cnn & msnbc and claim that there is zero bias. the hypocrisy is downright laughable.

• Megan
      9:56 am September 24, 2015 Permalink

CatsBy80 – That sounds like an admission.

• Awesome
      10:47 am September 24, 2015 Permalink

^^^ Megan with the mic drop!!!

3. Jimmy Carter
    4:49 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

God bless Obama. There is now a worse President than me.

• Geroge W. Bush
      5:40 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

No Way that brother in the white house was worse than me!!!

• Barry Hussein Obama
      6:02 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Uh, no George, you at least had good intentions for our country, while I’ve been screwing over everyone on purpose since elected. The funny thing is I still have a lot of people fooled.

• Ronald reagan
      7:22 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Well barrack where is your proof of him purposely screwing over people? while i gave billions of dollars in tax breaks for the rich and went about arming AL Qaeda and the Taliban and giving weapons to our enemy Iran but no one cared then. thank god everyone flips out about the black guy trying to keep them from getting weapons. oh yeah i also took money out of social security to fund my abysmal failure of “reagonomics” And also went about screwing over the mentally ill also. do you research buddy, Obama is actually one of the best presidents we’ve had since Kennedy, so if you want to continue getting schooled on something you obviously know nothing abou comment some more bullshit.

• Yes President Reagan
      7:45 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

One of the best presidents since Kennedy? I can assure you JFK would NEVER have struck the deal dear leader just struck with Iran. No way in hell he would of assured the Iranians would aquire a nuclear war head and missles to deliver them to the US with. Folks like you make me want to puke.

My God, please do not compare JFK to the guy in the white house now.

• George Herbert Bush
      7:46 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Here’s all you need to know about Hussein Obama.

• George Herbert Bush
      7:49 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Try not to break your phone or computer after watching…..

4. Wtf
    4:53 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Drew you get worse every year.

5. BobKYCats
    4:53 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

1.) That is John Paul II (Roman for “the Sequel”) in the picture, not Pope Francis.
    2.) Obama is not my boy, but I can see you were joking.

6. Mark Pope
    4:57 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

When and where? News to me.

7. 3 Goggles
    5:00 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

People who still like the 3 goggles are [email protected]

• Brad
      5:15 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

So true

8. Duuuuuude
    5:00 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

So, I suppose the Pope requested an opportunity to meet Coach Cal?

• CATandMONKEY
      5:59 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Best comment of the discussion.
      I understand the Pontiff can both drain the three and is always a threat to slash into the paint and be threat off the dribble. We could find a spot for him in 2017.

9. Jason
    5:13 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Two of the worst people on earth together, the freaking pope and our anti-christ president Obama

• Reality Cat
      5:44 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

I’d be willing to bet your relatives and anyone else forced to spend more than 15 minutes with you would know someone who is worse. Jason you are a class A douche.

10. Red Headed Stepchild
    5:36 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Did Barack Hussein Obama meet the Pope at the airport? I thought Obama was 40 minutes late to the base. Show some Respect, or was Obama praying towards Mecca?

Just sayin’

11. The Professor
    6:38 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

How can an innocuous post about Coach Cal meeting the Pope turn into a diatribe for extremist views? How can anything improve in this country with idiots on both sides resorting to name calling instead of intelligent dialogue to overcome our differences?

• Leuther
      6:47 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

I come to this site for Ky sports news and analysis. KSR should stick to that instead of promoting political hate…

• Leuther
      7:27 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Rhite power…

12. John
    8:46 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

He isn’t ‘meeting the Pope’ he’s going to listen to him speak. Literally millions of people are doing this over the weekend. I know everyone who sees him will claim they met him. Because, America.

13. DT in DC
    9:09 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Members of Congress with the aisle seats were told to not try to touch/shake hands with the Pope as he made his way down the aisle for the joint address. So unless he’s meeting him somewhere else, which I think is doubtful, he’s only seeing the address, not meeting him. Still cool, though.

14. Steve Atcher
    10:50 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

I cannot believe you wrote the words “your BOY Obama.” I don’t like racism and politics mixed up with following the Kentucky Wildcats. Very disappointed. Just wanted to let you know why I’ll be unfollowing you. There are a ton of places to get Kentucky Wildcats coverage without being subjected to racist remarks and devise politics.

15. Steve Atcher
    10:57 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

I cannot believe you wrote the words “your BOY Obama.” I don’t like racism and politics mixed up with following the Kentucky Wildcats. Very disappointed. Just wanted to let you know why I’ll be unfollowing you. There are a ton of places to get Kentucky Wildcats coverage without being subjected to racist remarks and divisive politics.

• Leuther
      11:30 pm September 23, 2015 Permalink

Rhite Power!!!!

• TrueBlueBaby
      12:00 am September 24, 2015 Permalink

Bye!

16. SADmaninKY
    12:43 am September 24, 2015 Permalink

God loves you!

17. bbn4LIFE
    1:00 am September 24, 2015 Permalink

Steve atcher, you are a douche. That is all.

18. bbn4LIFE
    1:05 am September 24, 2015 Permalink

Steve atcher, only racist see the world as racist. “Your boy” is a phrase used to describe someone who the speaker doesnt particularly like. Like if we were talking about you, I would say “hey, there is your boy steve atcher” What a douche bag you are, steve. Smoke a joint and join 2015. I sure would like round house kick you in the fuxkin mouth.

19. bbn4LIFE
    1:06 am September 24, 2015 Permalink

But since drew doesn’t like obama, he must be a racist, right steve?

20. bbn4LIFE
    1:09 am September 24, 2015 Permalink

You fuxking moron.

21. Megan
    10:02 am September 24, 2015 Permalink

We’re not gonna make it, are we. People, I mean.

It’s in your nature to destroy yourselves.

Yeah. Major drag, huh?