Chris Mack think it’s unfair to play UK in basketball in 2020

Louisville head coach Chris Mack was a guest on the “Full Court Press with Fanta and Adams,” a college basketball podcast out of Cleveland, and the topic of ducking the Kentucky game came up in the conversation.

Host John Fanta asked Mack if Louisville vs. Kentucky will happen in 2020, to which Mack said, “I don’t know.”

“Where is the equity of Kentucky coming here in front of no fans, and then having to go to Rupp Arena in front of 21,000 fans?” Mack asked, before saying he’d be up for playing a neutral site game if the two sides’ schedules allow.

Fanta shared the response in a short clip on Twitter:

Lame excuse. College football teams are playing without fans across the country and not whining about it. You don’t think Auburn wants the equity of fans when Kentucky plays football there Saturday? Just last week the UofL football team hosted Miami with College GameDay in town, and Coach Satterfield didn’t cry about a future game at Miami with fans.

The world needs sports, your student-athletes need to play their respective sports as close to normal as possible, and above all else, John Calipari has a winning streak to maintain.

Play the game.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Chris Mack think it’s unfair to play UK in basketball in 2020

1. Mr.Incognito
    4:32 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Life ain’t fair.

2. Section233
    4:35 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Mack is a little bitch…keep whining
    “L” s down!

3. Section233
    4:36 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Mack is a little bia. Keep whining
    “L” s down

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    4:36 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

5. Section233
    4:46 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Great coach but man both the Louisville Football coach and Basketball coaches like to whine about everything.

Go Cats!

• peaches76
      5:40 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Amen to that. Way too many young uns out there haven’t figured out that sometimes life just ain’t fair. Just how it is. Get over it and move forward.

• IndianaSucks
      8:37 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Peaches, Idk how old you are but both coaches are about 50…not quite young uns in my book lol
      No, I will not get off your lawn.

6. J. Did
    5:33 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Coach Mack – town crier and driver for the Belknap wambulance.

7. Rick_S
    5:47 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Mack is a Pu$$y

8. Rick_S
    5:48 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

@Section233 …”great coach”…lmao, based on what?

9. mashman 93
    6:29 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

weak

10. bigbluebg
    6:47 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

They scurred to play the Cats. Absolute pathetic response. I’d be embarrassed if I were a cards fan. Thank God I’m not, am I right?

11. WILDCATS1968
    7:10 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

WOW, I lost what LITTLE respect I had for Mack. It is not like anyone asked for the CV pandemic to show up out of nowhere. So now he wants to pick and chose games based on whether he has a chance to win or not ? Will he be bitching and crying about teams like WKU or the lesser ACC teams they play ? They will not even play (Louisville not just him) WKU in Diddle Arena. They know the hostile crowd and home court advantage would be a huge difference maker even in years WKU is down in talent. And save the “arena is too small” garbage. They will play in arenas about the same size. What about the players ? I am sure they want to play. The fans , the state ? Come on Chris, don’t be such a little **ssy. Besides not like we wouldn’t beat their ass if the arena is full, even if you had 0 UK fans and filled it with 100% Louisville fans, it would not make a difference. Take that L like a man, then put them L’s down. Don’t run around scared and hide behind lame, BS excuses.

12. RickE
    7:37 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Haha. Even though U of Smell cheats every year, we still kick their ass. Last time I checked, the YUM Center was about as much of a “neutral site” as can be found.

13. runningunnin.454
    7:50 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Coach Satterfield would have cried about it, if he had thought about it…he certainly doesn’t like L’s down, does he?

• IndianaSucks
      8:41 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

I’m confused, is he supposed to like L’s down? Maybe join in on the fun after they lose? lol of course not

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      8:48 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Indy, it’s called sarcasm. Look into it.

• IndianaSucks
      10:03 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

Chrissy, thanks for the tip sunshine. Didn’t realize I was messin with your butt buddy. I’ll back away slowly, fully clinched while you’re around of course 😉

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      7:42 am September 24, 2020 Permalink

Okaaaaaaaay. Maybe I missed your sarcasm, but that was…something.

14. DoubleB65
    10:38 pm September 23, 2020 Permalink

KY dominates the series. If Mack don’t want to play then tell them to hit the road and we can play someone relevant that might challenge us yesr to year. We don’t need this game. Screw the Lossrs.