Chris Mack responds: UofL will do “what’s most convenient” for Calipari and UK

John Calipari saw an opening to be the better man when Chris Mack went on a podcast and complained about Louisville having to play Kentucky without fans in 2020. Cal quickly took the side of the rivalry, leaving Mack to appear weak and afraid of playing the game.

Now Mack is firing back and the rivalry is officially back on.

It began when Mack asked, “Where is the equity of Kentucky coming here in front of no fans and then having to go back to Rupp Arena in front of 21,000 fans?”

Chris Mack think it’s unfair to play UK in basketball in 2020

Once Calipari got word of Mack’s comments, he quickly came forward to say Kentucky expects to play Louisville as planned.

John Calipari responds to Chris Mack: “We are prepared to come to Louisville to play this season”

Mack has now taken things to another level by releasing a video saying he will do “what’s most convenient for John and his program,” a backhanded agreement to play on Calipari’s time. He lists several instances of Louisville working around Cal in the past:

“As for the UK series, here’s the thing: I want to do what’s most convenient for John and his program,” Mack says in the video. “Never mind the fact that we had a December 12 mutually agreed upon date to play the game. And never mind that they backed out of the 12th because they were returning from London December 6th after playing Michigan. They thought it was too close to the 12th. Never mind the fact that that December 6th game got canceled, no trip to London. Can we play that game on the 12th?”

He goes on.

“Never mind the fact that they scheduled Notre Dame in lieu of playing us on the mutually agreed upon date of December 12th. Never mind the fact they called ESPN and tried to change one of our ACC games without our knowledge or permission.”

Mack also notes Mark Stoops’ football program moved the date of its trip to Louisville from 2020 to 2021 (he failed to mention it was a league decision, not UK’s). “If you can do it in football,” Mack says, “seems you can do it in basketball.”

Coach Cal is not going to like this. Not one bit.

Article written by Drew Franklin

35 Comments for Chris Mack responds: UofL will do “what’s most convenient” for Calipari and UK

1. DaaaaCats
    6:45 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Lmao what a little brat he is. Man that program just gets sadder and sadder every year.

2. Blue Bill
    6:45 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

W. E. A. S. E. L.

3. Blue Bill
    6:46 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Thank you so much weasel for re-igniting our hatred of everything U of Loserville.

4. mashman 93
    6:53 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Oh my lord!!!!! This thing just got amped up 100 fold folks. WOW!!! Let the sports hate begin. GO BIG BLUE!!!

5. UKFanSC
    6:54 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Sadly, this is the state of things. If you look hard at yourself you’ll probably notice a bit more snappy behavior too. People in general are on edge. Just a generally crappy attitude from much of society. Very divisive, very nasty. Man I hope things improve for all of us. 2020 has been an ordeal.
    Fortunately our two contenders for leader of the free world will clarify things later tonight.

• runningunnin.454
      7:14 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Ha ha, I know you don’t believe that last sentence.

• Bluehender
      7:17 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Lol…I was thinking everything you said had a lot of truth…except that last sentence

6. Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert
    6:54 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Pretty harsh from Mack. But if what he said is true, makes Cal a pretty big hypocrite. Cal backed out of playing on the 12th and scheduled someone else. Then tried calling ESPN to change an ACC game without permission. That is a dick move.

• Bluehender
      7:16 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Why don’t you go back to the Card Chronicles, knucklehead..

• runningunnin.454
      7:19 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

You can put on dREaD gear, and go cheer for Mack &ULol.

7. ukwildcat1991
    7:16 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Sounds like a few of you are biased. You don’t know anything that has transpired between the two programs. This is a lot more information that he has given out than before and yes I know, who knows of all or any of it is true but if it is then Coach Cal needs to come out and confess and apologize. That’s some sleezy work there if any of it is true so before you or I bash little brother, make sure you are out of your tunnel vision before you comment. For the record, sounds like he is having fun with this but you could tell he is pissed. Stirring the pot is something every fan loves in a rivalry. I have no problem for him to come out in public and stating his own mind. I wish cal could do that more often except giving us the same ol same ol “Calisms”

• runningunnin.454
      7:24 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Yes, some of us are biased; we’re fans! And, I haven’t respected Chris Mack since he played at Evansville. The Aces were having a hard time against a withering full court press, and Jim Crews, the coach told Mack, who was to throw the ball in, to hit the opponent right in the face. He threw the ball hard as he could, and broke the guy’s nose.

• ukwildcat1991
      7:43 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Haha right you are brother. No thing but respect my man

• WKY Cat
      7:25 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Point on. But most wear blue glasses.

• ukwildcat1991
      7:44 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Haha yeah I know. I just wanted to make sure that people saw it in a different point of view just like everything else in 2020. I wear blue glasses myself so I get it

8. Gogh Big Bleu
    7:16 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

MY GOSH. This is the rivalry energy we needed.

• Bluehender
      7:19 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

That’s right…no one in BBN wants to like Chris Mack. Things are getting better..

• mashman 93
      7:39 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Yessir!!!!

9. dhard
    7:18 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

When Hack, that is correct, I thought I might not hate UL so much. I must admit, I was wrong.

10. blueblue
    7:26 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Hey UK and UofL friends! Let’s debate this a little.

While I understand Coach Mack’s point, does he not know that even if the Yum Center were filled this season, AT BEST, he’d get a 60-40 split? BLUE always gets in! Especially in Louisville. Is that really enough of an advantage to NOT play the game this year?

11. runningunnin.454
    7:26 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Mack is a petulant little kid, and btw, he looks like one of those aliens in Men In Black

12. bbn606
    7:38 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

I’ve noticed that coaches who don’t like Cal, call him John.

13. BlueByYou
    7:50 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

I thought I might like Mack….but he’s adopted that ‘louavull, I’m a dickhead persona’!

14. BlueByYou
    7:52 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Hopefully Cal will ignore this last barrage and be the bigger man

• ClutchCargo
      8:01 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Don’t worry about Cal, he is a master of how to handle sports hate. This is just the kind of trash talk that gets him going, in a good way. He probably even sees it as a way of taking a bit of the intense spotlight off his players.

15. IndianaSucks
    7:55 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

After watching the video, it seems like this is all in good fun for the rivalry. Yeah, some ribbing for Cal and the program but I personally think it’s hilarious. Great for the rivalry and to lighten up this dreaded year. Looking forward to it!

16. dave1964
    8:05 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

When the NCAA gets done with with will Louisville even have a season.

17. snoopjdawg
    8:07 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

This was tongue in cheek guys. He’s kinda smiling throughout the video. This is good for the rivalry. Go Cats.

18. bigblue98
    8:09 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

He made two glaring idiotic statements – one being he’s a fearless leader and second that it’s a rivalry. It hasn’t been a rivalry in years – both teams have to show up for that, and the turds haven’t shown up in years.

19. kyfanem
    8:11 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

Why would they play the game on the 12th?

20. dcforuk
    8:37 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

I think it is a combo of fun and truth But of course it’s slanted for his side what you would expect. The football example is not a great one because there is no UK U of L Game this year. I like Mack’s willingness to engage and hit back some. It makes things fun

21. UKFanSC
    9:28 pm September 29, 2020 Permalink

He looks like a Dr. Seuss character

22. bbn606
    8:41 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

I know I’m getting old but I don’t even know this guy’s name unless I’m reading an article about him.

23. antiquefurnitureandmidgets
    10:08 am September 30, 2020 Permalink

Meh. Cal got exactly what he wants. If passive aggressive b**** is the rep Mack wants, so be it. Did I mention Cal got exactly what he wants?