Charges against Terrence Jones dropped

OregonLive.com

Terrence Jones found himself in a little off-the-court trouble last summer when he was arrested after police said he yelled at a homeless man and then stomped on his leg. Today, a judge agreed to dismiss the harassment charge against Jones after a civil compromise was reached. The former Wildcat must pay $10,000 to a charity that helps the homeless, but he’s clear of any charges.

Jones and his Houston Rockets teammates will be back on the court tomorrow night in Game 2 of their series with the Portland Trailblazers. Portland stole home court advantage with a win in Game 1 despite a double-double effort from Jones.

NBA’s Terrence Jones has criminal charge in Portland dropped; civil compromise reached

Article written by Drew Franklin

27 Comments for Charges against Terrence Jones dropped

1. TJ's shirt
    6:12 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

With your salary, couldn’t you find somebody to iron me?

2. arlo
    6:43 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

and tuck me in. and maybe put a tie around my neck. and maybe cover me with a coat.

• My cleanest dirty shirt
      8:04 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I’m assuming that’s a shot from his initial arraignment after a night of social revelry and hanging out in a cell for a few hours. If not that’s just pitiful.

3. Ace
    6:48 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

So I guess he is back to “fine citizen” standing according to the UK faithful since the charges were dropped. If he was a UL guy, he would still be a thug. You guys are the nation’s biggest group of hypocrites. Ask anyone who is not a UK fan…..

• bluebloodtoo
      6:50 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Why would we ask someone that isn’t a UK fan? They don’t see the world through our blue tinted glasses….

• haha
      7:35 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Everyone fanbase is going to defend their player or former player if their even a half decent fanbase, unless its like a murder or something. Why don’t you go on Louisville’s cite (oh wait they don’t have one) and give Kevin Ware and Chane Behannon some tips on drug rehab

• Bill Brasky
      3:23 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

He isn’t back to “fine citizen” in my book. Not yet. It was completely immature and I think (or at least hope) it was alcohol-induced (not that that excuses it). Hopefully he learned his lesson, and if he doesn’t pull another bonehead move like this any time soon, he will again be a “fine citizen.”

4. Ace
    6:49 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

• CHamp
      7:24 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

We wouldnt know who to ask, b/c usualy non-UK fans have better things to do than visit a UK site

• haha
      7:36 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

5. bluebloodtoo
    6:49 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Whoa Tjones, the condition of that shirt makes you look a little like Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. One side is all clean and pressed, but the other side looks like it was sitting under your gym bag for a week before you put it on. LOL. Probly not the best attire for a date with the Honorable Mr Judge.

6. fox news
    7:21 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

throw that thug in jail

7. Benefit of the Doubt
    7:25 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I’m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt here. I would like to think he had on a jacket and tie. After the court hearing he walked out and untucked his shirt (which was wrinkled due to having on a jacket and being tucked in) and then removed tie and coat (which some minyan is carrying).

• My cleanest dirty shirt
      8:09 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Pretty sure that is a shot of his original arraignment and not an appearance in court today if he even appeared in court today.

• Rock Chalk Jayhawk
      9:07 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Wha is a “minyan”? Did you mean minion?

8. Spelling champ
    7:36 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

That would be “minion”. Non spellers…..bahhhhhh !

• Benefit of the Doubt
      7:44 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Non speller is spelled non-speller. Thank you. You also put your exclamation mark in the wrong spot. It should be directly after the last h in bahhhhh.

• Nah
      7:45 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I believe it’s spelled “mignon”

• bluebloodtoo
      7:48 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Only if it’s proceeded by “Filet”

• Spelling Bea
      10:02 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I think you mean “preceded”

• Bill Brasky
      3:25 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Hahaha. This exchange is ridiculous.

9. TexasCat
    8:01 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I remember when this was first reported on this site, and reading the comments section then. Everyone for the most part jumped to conclusions. No one other than anyone who was there at the time this happened knows the exact story. I live in Austin where we have an abundance of homeless/transients. A lot of our homeless here have mental issues and I’ve seen them personally accuse people of things they haven’t done, and or be aggressive toward people walking by. My point is that we shouldn’t jump to conclusions. We have no idea what exactly happened yet some of you who like the cast the first stone need to actually catch one of those stones to the head.

• Bill Brasky
      3:29 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

You may be right, but when you read “TJ stomped a homeless man at 2 AM after leaving a bar,” (or whatever the story was) it’s hard to find a silver lining.

• giggle
      7:16 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

U might want to read the story again….Police officer and several people saw him do it… Duh!!!

10. Hilltopper
    8:18 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

Shame he’s not a Louisville player…

11. Rock Chalk Jayhawk
    9:10 pm April 22, 2014 Permalink

I bet Terrence’s favorite song is Led Zeppelin’s Bron-Y-Aur-Stomp.

12. giggle
    7:11 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Thank goodness I didnt get his face inked on my body. Idiots!!!