CBS Sports says Julius Randle will enter the draft

Getty Images

Getty Images

Getty Images

This morning, UK announced Julius Randle will hold a press conference tomorrow afternoon, during which sources tell CBS Sports’ Gary Parrish Randle will formally announce his decision to enter the NBA draft.

…also, water is wet and grass is green.

Seriously though, best of luck to you, Julius, and thanks for the memories.

38 Comments for CBS Sports says Julius Randle will enter the draft

1. JHK
    10:18 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

Hacked, double and triple teamed… The college game wa unfair to Julius Randle. He’s one of the few players who will actually find playing in the NBA EASIER than playing in college. All these one-on-ones…

He should and will leave. Go make us proud in the league Julius. Kentucky will have 4 or 5 players in the All Star game year in and year out for the next 5 years and I’m sure you will be one of them.

2. Charles_Hurt....AKA...Atlas
    10:19 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

although you weren’t quite as strong as i was, i thoroughly enjoyed watching you play for BBN. Thanks for everything, will always be rooting for you in the NBA!!!! Good luck Julius, once a CAT, always a CAT. awwwwwww C-A-T-S, CATS CATS CATS!!!!!!

3. Rjustice
    10:21 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

Didn’t Patterson have a press conference to return?

4. Ben
    10:27 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

Calling a press conference to announce you are going to the NBA is just grand standing! He needs to work on his anxiety attacks and not make a production out of what everyone already knows. I like Julius, but this is just stupid, unless he is coming back.

• Troll-dar
      10:29 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

Troll is trolling.

• harry
      2:21 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Im glad you know what he needs.

5. Zach Randolph thinks you are wrong
    10:30 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

JHK,

I wish you were right, but Julius is in the same mold as me, and do you see what they let players do to me on “defense” in the NBA? Sincerely,

Zeebo

6. Jayone
    10:34 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

Best of luck Julius and thanks for the memories You were one of the best.

7. eric
    10:37 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

HOW CAN THAT BE!?!?!?!? THERE HASN’T BEEN A PRESS CONFERENCE YET! (sarcasm) I get so damn tired of stories leaking all the time. What’s the use of a press conference if the announcement has already been made? Can’t people keep their GD mouth shut?? SMDH

8. struggler
    10:38 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

First post said it best – college game just was not fair to him – Wish we’d have figured out how to exploit that a little sooner in the season – but if they are not going to call fouls when you are getting beat up – there is little you can do. Great player – wish he were staying… I know he experienced some frustration at times this season, but I hope overall he enjoyed the run. I will miss his sheer determination. I will miss those fantastic faces he could make! No matter what – all the best Julius!

9. rahrah
    10:40 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

Highly annoying that CBS/Parrish want to steal the kid’s glory. He has a press conference scheduled. Let HIM announce his decision. Sheesh. I’m fine with whatever any of these guys decide to do. We had a great run and I wish them all well. I do wish the twins had been treated better by fans during the season. Not sure their memories are all that good pre-tourney. #BBNforever The WCS tattoo was awesome ONLY because he promised Willie he would do it and then did!

• rahrah
      10:41 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

Oops, forgot I wasn’t posting to the show thread about the tattoo. Sorry.

• Tom tom cats fan
      1:21 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Parrish must have been talking to Rex Chapman

10. Bill Brasky
    10:51 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

I’m gonna wait for Sam Malone to take on Goodman

11. Thoroughbred
    11:00 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

Actually, the really really good grass is blue

12. playersfan
    11:05 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

The article did not say he was going to enter the draft, it said he “is expected to announce he will”, which is the same thing everyone thought from the beginning. So no change yet. I think he is holding the press conference to announce he is going into the draft and to thank UK and BBN for their love and support.

13. Bluegrass
    11:23 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

Tyler, I know you live in Nashville, so we will forgive this time, but grass here is blue.

14. FlySoup
    11:40 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

haven’t we learned to not believe anything until we hear it from the player or coach?

also i am starting to agree with other posters on this site. maybe it is because i’m in a bad mood or have a headache but just about every post that TT writes makes me cringe.

15. Jeff
    11:48 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

I have trouble awarding membership status in a university to a player who only attended one year and passed at best 30 semester hrs (probably fewer than that). The real membership belongs to the graduates who earned degrees, not to the passerby.

• Mr. Bledsoe
      11:54 am April 21, 2014 Permalink

Okay, so by that logic: John Wall, DeMarcus Cousins, Eric Bledsoe, Enes Kanter, Brandon Knight, Anthony Davis, Marquis Teague, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Nerlens Noel, Archie Goodwin, Julius Mays, and James Young should not be considered UK players or students because they only played 1 year?

THAT”S HILARIOUS DUDE

• Mc
      12:52 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Jeff,

You don’t think Jodie Meeks can claim membership until he graduates in May even though he was attending classes in his spare time? Is he not a passerby because he was at UK for 3 years, then declared early? What about a “one and done” that goes back to school?

• harry
      2:39 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

University of KY is a business, education is not free for its “MEMBERS” in any shape or form. All students pay their dues, including student athletes. So if the UK decides to give out honorary degrees that is just fine by me or unless you actually own UK and decide not to do so.

16. Jeff
    12:10 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

That’s right Mr Bledsoe. They used UK only to play basketball. (And UK used them in return.) They received less education at UK than a hard-working student received at the local community college. I would really like to see Randal’s transcript.

• Pawn star
      12:24 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Richard, you should be recruiting for Minnesota and help paint the barn, not worrying about uk players transcripts. Didn’t you learn anything from
      Bledsoe?

• harry
      2:23 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

and Obama’s birth certificate

17. chief_cat
    12:16 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

To what “membership” are you referring?

I only went to UK for one year before joining the Navy. Spent a career in the Navy and eventually graduated from another college. I haven’t had the pleasure of living in the Bluegrass State since I left for the Navy in the ’80s. However, I am a proud “member” of the BBN and always will be. Not only that, but I am also a member of the UK Alumni Association.

I know many people who have never attended the University of Kentucky who consider themselves members of the BBN. They have been fans of UK for years and are great ambassadors for UK, most living far from Lexington.

Fandom and membership to BBN extends far beyond some arbitrary length of attendance at the school. Fortunately, membership is not exclusive and people with your mindset don’t get to “vote” on who is in and who is out.

18. Bob
    12:19 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

How in the f_ _ _ does CBS know? They don’t, just saying anything to get page views.

19. Jeff
    12:20 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Chief Cat. In no way do I contend that you can’t love UK, belong to BBN, or claim to having attended UK for a year. But in my opinion, your attendance at UK for a year was equivalent to pledging a fraternity by never becoming a brother.

20. cats
    12:38 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Jeff who the hell pledges for a year? Not a very good analogy actually.

21. zach
    1:40 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Better get those “cramps” figured out big fella. Long season in the NBA

22. Dandy Don
    1:56 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Sucks to be the rim in that picture

23. Jeff
    1:58 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Cats, “If the brothers feel a pledge has completed his pledge education to their satisfaction, he can be initiated into the brotherhood. ” I assume you can now understand the analogy. I.e., he (in this case Randle, et.al.) is not a brother (real member of the university) until he completes his pledge contract”. Randel’s one yr at UK is not worth a dime in the job market. He certainly cannot claim to having a UK education. Graduates of a university as a rule do not view “attendees” in the same light as they view their fellow (brothers) graduates. If you feel different, that’s fine.

• Hersheyisabear
      4:49 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Jeff. Go to your closet. Find a wired close hanger. Heat it on the stove for 30 minutes then proceed to slide it up your pee hole. Thank you.

• UK22
      8:53 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Jeff, how much money does the average university fraternity bring to the university versus the basketball team? Membership can be defined in different ways..Enough with the lame fraternity brother anologies in regards to comparison to a UK Julies Randles “membership” to the university. In other words Jeff, stop being a fa G

• blake
      9:28 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Jeff I disagree. ..he may not have a degree from. UK but this one year he played and what he did for us is worth more than a degree in Lexington. …if for some reason the nba doesn’t work out he would easily be able to get a very good job within the city of Lexington for years and years to come….but he will not have to worry a out that

24. harry
    2:25 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Good Luck JR, I wish you all the best.

25. Jeff
    5:15 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Players remain at Duke and UNC because they love going to school at those schools. That’s why they choose them. They don’t want to leave. UK players for the most part just use the school and can’t wait to leave. There is no “fraternity” nor “family” among UK graduates. I see Duke and UNC alumni in leadership positions everywhere I turn. I’ve never run into a single UK graduate in the corporate world or in government.

26. Cathy
    7:03 pm April 21, 2014 Permalink

Best response on here is the one from Charles Hurt. I love the good-natured brotherly smack-talk there! Randle will be a great player in the NBA and was so strong for the BBN this year. Wish he would stay, selfishly…but then…I am still not over Michael Jordan going pro early either. Yes, I really am that old, yes I DID watch Jordan every chance I got even though he wore a different color blue because he was that good…and yes I do wish Julius Randle all the best that life has to offer. Go Big Blue!