Cats up one spot in this week’s AP poll

KSR-5483

This week’s Associated Press college basketball poll has been released to the internets and it features your University of Kentucky Wildcats within its top 10.

Kentucky is ranked eighth, up one spot from where it was last week, while Kansas remains No. 1 for a second straight week.

Here’s your new top 10:

1. Kansas
2. Villanova
3. UCLA
4. Gonzaga
5. Oregon
6. North Carolina
7. Arizona
8. Kentucky
9. Baylor
10. Louisville

See the entire list here.

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Cats up one spot in this week’s AP poll

1. The Makers Marksman
    1:43 pm March 6, 2017 Permalink

I love how in typical PUKE fashion, dUKe losses a game, yet moves up 3 spots….makes a whole lot of sense.

2. catsarerunnin
    2:03 pm March 6, 2017 Permalink

SEC regular season champs and back in the top 10. Peaking at the right time. Go Blue!!

3. The Professor
    5:11 pm March 6, 2017 Permalink

I would think that if one of the big 3, Pac12 schools wins their tourney they would leapfrog the Zags for the last one seed.

4. AGSlater
    5:58 pm March 6, 2017 Permalink

This is pretty amazing considering we play like a bonafide NIT team

5. BlueWildcat_99
    7:35 pm March 6, 2017 Permalink

Can anyone tell me why it is that UCLA and Arizona are going to be 2-4 seeds? Is it strictly an RPI type thing? I just hate it when we get a draw – and we all know we will – where the seeds below us are ranked higher! Nothing pisses me off more. Well, except maybe the fact that dook is consistently given a glide path to the Final Four.

6. Cals Hoverboard
    9:42 pm March 6, 2017 Permalink

Blue, the polls mean nothing when it comes to seeding. And the location draws are guided by so many “considerations” that it’s mind boggling. I suggest that everyone google “NCAA Selection Committee”, go to the NCAA website, and do some research. You’ll find that the “NCAA” is not a bunch of eggheads sitting in an ivory tower but merely a group of 10 Athletic Directors from across the conference spectrum (not that a broad base of Athletic Directors can’t f*** it up either). Also take the time to read the guidelines and procedures on how the balloting is done for seeding and also how the locations and matchups are determined. Not that anyone will be less pissed off come bracket time, but at least one can see what all enters into the process. The 2 elephants in the room will be Mitch Barnhart and Dukes AD. Though neither are supposed to even be in the room when their respective teams are being discussed, I’d still love to be a fly on the wall during the entire process.