Cats and Cards meeting for the first time as undefeated teams

As if we need any more hype surrounding this weekend’s big game, here’s this little nugget to take the anticipation over the edge.

Thanks to Louisville’s win over some team from California last night, Kentucky and Louisville enter Saturday’s game as undefeated teams for the first time ever. It is also only the second time the two sides will meet as top five teams.

Biggest regular season meeting in the history of the series?

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for Cats and Cards meeting for the first time as undefeated teams

1. jasonwells1982
    11:09 am December 24, 2014 Permalink

Wrong it’s the second meeting between Kentucky and Louisville both rank in the top 5 last time in 2011-12 season.

2. jasonwells1982
    11:12 am December 24, 2014 Permalink

Opps I was wrong silly ole me lol,

3. BlueDeuce
    11:16 am December 24, 2014 Permalink

UofL will pressure UK and hold it close for the first half I think but fouls will build up and they will have to back off a bit and by 8 – 12 min left in the second half UK will pull away. I look for a low scoring game (due to the defense of both teams) some where around…UK 64 UofL 53 (got to keep that 10 point win margin going!).

Should be an awesome game considering the defense but I think UK has more offensive weapons and will bring home the win!

4. UKfaninLou
    12:16 pm December 24, 2014 Permalink

May or may not be close in the first half although I hope for a strong start ala UCLA. Predicting the platoon system wears them completely out by mid second half. Cats by 12, only because I guarantee they shoot more free throws than they deserve. I also predict some random and unexpected Cardinal scores a career high to no avail. Go Cats!

5. BiggestCatsFanInOhio
    12:17 pm December 24, 2014 Permalink

Yes, both teams have great defenses, but they also both like to push the tempo and score in transition. I predict UK 77, U of L 65. In the words of our own Matt Jones, I want them to smacketh downeth the Cards!

6. CATandMONKEY
    12:34 pm December 24, 2014 Permalink

NOTHING would be better than seeing many of the Card “faithful” heading for the exits, five minutes into the scond half.

Cats hit their free throws and win this by 16.

7. gossie21
    1:06 pm December 24, 2014 Permalink

I don’t know if this counts but in the 1993/94 season UK v. UofL was the 1st game of the season.

So…. technically both teams were undefeated, right?

8. gossie21