Calipari’s alive and crying in his soup

cal-dog

It’s been a blue morning for most of us, including John Calipari. After the UCLA game, Calipari said he needs 24 hours to grieve a loss, and after the Louisville game, he emerged briefly from his mourning to give the BBN an update on his wellbeing.

“You know I grieve for 24 hours after a loss but I wanted everyone to know I’m still alive,” Cal tweeted. “I’ve got another 10 hours to cry in my soup and then we will be back at it. I’ve got a responsibility to every one of these players, to this program, to this university and all of you. I’m going to take this one on.”

“We have a great group of kids who want to do right, who want to be coached. Now I’ve got to do my job. It’s always been a process here because we are always young. We will learn from this and get better.”

Hopefully the Calipari dogs McGruff and Palmer are providing him some comfort. Also, now I want some soup.

7 Comments for Calipari’s alive and crying in his soup

1. henderblue
    11:43 am December 22, 2016 Permalink

Sounds like he has a good handle on the situation

• garboon
      11:49 am December 22, 2016 Permalink

No kidding.

• UK Big Board Update
      1:00 pm December 22, 2016 Permalink

Even in a loss, he’s trolling UL fans. I love it. Cal is the best!!

• UK Big Board Update
      2:10 pm December 22, 2016 Permalink

“Garboon is a racist word for black person. I think gar= garbage and boon = baboon. Garboon is a racist word for black person.”

“garboon
      A garboon is a more specific racist term than words such as “n*gger” or “coon”. It refers to large black men (or women?) with particularly stereotypically “black” features, the likes of which would be found in a racist portrayal, e.g. enormous lips, wide and flat nose, extreme prognathism. Possible etymologies include the word “baboon” and “Gabon” (an African country) and the fact that the word sounds like some species of ape.”

2. Sentient Third Eye
    11:48 am December 22, 2016 Permalink

I know Coach hates to lose any game, but I think he secretly likes what the loss will do for his team heading into Camp Cal. Now he has a bunch of guys who will have to wait over a week to redeem themselves.

3. RealCatsFan
    2:53 pm December 22, 2016 Permalink

So the man does sleep…

4. Luether
    7:39 pm December 22, 2016 Permalink

If Cal can get the Freshmen to: 1) Take better shots; 2) Hit their free throws, 3) Be more effective on the defensive end, the sky’s the limit. Cal knows this so he’s not too stressed…