Calipari will find out about the twins when we do, so he says

SI.com

Believe this if you’d like, or don’t, but John Calipari insists he doesn’t know which way the twins are leaning right now. When asked about the twins’ future on his Facebook chat, Cal wrote, “It’s funny you ask. Aaron just walked in my office and I never asked him one question about it. I asked him how he was doing and he said alright. I know nothing yet. You’ll know when I know.”

So there ya go, folks. The only people who know the current status of the decision making process are the Harrisons, Kyle Tucker’s source, and that guy on the message boards. Calipari is out of the loop, just like us.

In related news, a UK spokesman said there are no plans to release anything on the Harrison twins today, per Ben Roberts.

Article written by Drew Franklin

53 Comments for Calipari will find out about the twins when we do, so he says

1. Grammar King
    3:06 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Soooo…You’re saying I’m going to have to press F5 around 150 times again tomorrow? OK.

2. CatsFaninLex
    3:07 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

So you’re telling me that he doesn’t care to know the status of his team for next year, or whether he needs to recruit a couple of graduate transfers ASAP?

BS. Coach Cal speak at its finest.

• technicolor yawn
      3:10 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Or he knows what they should do, but they are still considering what they want to do

• Mc
      3:18 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

I get what you’re saying. However, I think some grad transfers won’t commit anywhere until after they see if UK recruits them.

3. Blah blah blah
    3:09 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Just announce already! Either come back and play together for another year and have a chance at winning a National Championship… or get drafted in the second round and get shipped to the D league on separate teams and hope that you can get to the real league in a couple years. Sounds like a no brainer to me.

• jus sayin
      3:39 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Its really not that simple. Most poeple think at least Andrew would be a first rounder ans some think Aaron too especially considering the guys who have come back.

Even if you do get sent to the D League from an NBA team your are rich because you are on the rookie wage scale or the league minimum.

Now if you go undrafted and end up in the D League then you have messed up but that is not going to be the case.

The thing they are worried about is slipping to second round and then having to make the team… on the off chance they wouldn’t make it. But most NBA teams give more chances for younger draftees to prove them selves.

• Eric Bledsoe's roomate's cousin
      4:51 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

If they go late first round or early second round and go straight to the D-League they won’t be rich because theres no garuanteed contract, and even if there is it won’t be huge. They could easily come back to Uk, average 18 points and for Andrew 10 assists, be lottery picks which they probably will be. Then after their first contract they could pretty much have the option to retire with 10 million $ and live the rest of their life fine

4. Colbert
    3:13 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

i hope tweddle dee and tweedle dum don’t say toodle-loo.

5. Katy
    3:13 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

The twins are obviously waiting to see who else will declare for the draft (ex. Mitch McGary, DeAndre Daniels, Ryan Boatright to name a few) that could affect their chances to go in the first round. They are also looking to see if anyone currently declared has a last minute change of heart and withdraws. I am guessing they wait until very late Sunday afternoon or evening to announce. Basically as Matt said on the show, they are looking for a reason to leave UK.

• Catlogic15
      3:18 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Yes. Exactly.

• Megan
      3:21 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

For anyone currently declared, hasn’t the NCAA’s withdrawal deadline already passed? So if you withdraw now, you’ve burned both your bridges, no?

• Casper
      3:21 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Good point! Now i understand what they are up to.

• Framing
      3:41 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

You could frame as that or maybe… They are looking for an opportunity to have shot at their dreams? We need to stop taking everything so personally.

• stevem
      4:08 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

If they are truly waiting for an excuse to leave, seems at this late hour they haven’t yet found it.

• UKBlue1!
      5:06 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Deadline has passed to withdraw.

6. Korean Tacos
    3:18 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Regardless of the end decision, it’s obvious at this point the Twins want to leave. They’re hoping for something to give them a legit reason. If they wanted to come back, they’d have announced already.

• hoo ha
      3:27 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

I would say if it was ‘obvious’ they wanted to leave, they would have announced already. Bottom line, no one knows anything yet and won’t until they make it public.

• jmfatz47
      7:05 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Well you could say the same thing about poythress and dakari since, well, they declared yesterday. …

• JC
      2:13 am April 25, 2014 Permalink

Why do they have to declare anything if they’re coming back? I didn’t see a press release on Hawkins or Willis. I think everyone should just chill. They’re Wildcats until they announce that they aren’t coming back.

7. Think of the date
    3:21 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

They will announce tomorrow. The 25th… 2&5 get it

• Megan
      3:25 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Ha! Love it. Nice catch!

• CPACAT
      3:29 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

4/25/14
      2 twins * 2 final fours / 2 & 5 / 1 + 4 = 5

OMG its number theories everywhere.

• Kyle Tucker's source
      3:31 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Thank you. I’ll let Kyle know so he can get the tweet out.

• Lil' brother's at it again
      8:37 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

It’s a conspiracy by golly!!!!!!

8. Brow
    3:27 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Hope they leave, we don’t need them. Ullis is better anyway.

• CatsFaninLex
      3:30 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

False

• Crazy8s
      3:41 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Are you serious?! “We don’t need them”? I can agree with that, but it would definitely be nice to have them. “Ullis is better anyway”? That may be true (I think it’s unlikely), but there’s no rule that says if the twins come back Ullis isn’t allowed to play (or even start). Plus, I don’t see Ullis playing the 1 and 2 at the same time (I must be a pessimist). “(I) (h)ope they leave”? I just can’t understand that statement at all. Yes they’re kids and sometimes played like it, but that’s often going to happen with freshmen (yes, even the ones coming in this year).

• Kyle Tucker's source
      3:44 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Hey guys. I know a lot of people still can’t spell Randle, so let’s learn from this and spell Ulis with one l. Good work everybody.

• Jughead
      3:45 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Fail.

• raccoon
      4:12 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Brow, I’m sure you hope they leave. L1C6 bro.

9. The Man
    3:31 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

My wife just told me to grow up and quit stalking 19 year old kids. Sounds kind of pathetic when she puts it that way. I’m going to mow the yard.

• REAL Man
      3:55 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Tell that ho to go make you a sandwich. Man up, The Man.

• The REAL Man on sterioids
      4:14 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Put her in the crippler cross face.

• The A$$ Man
      5:19 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Give her a dutch oven and a dirty sanchez.

• The vet pack
      2:05 am April 25, 2014 Permalink

Kids? Who do you think has faught for your freedom in this country. I’m a veteran and once you turn 18 your not a kid. Grow up and quit calling them kids because they are not.

10. Don
    3:32 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

It’s Thursday afternoon, just 3 days before the deadline to declare and Andrew is casually in and out of Cal’s office…Maybe I’m over-optimistic, but that “comfort level” to seemingly be hanging out around the coach lends itself to indicate they are staying.

If I were leaving, I may be awkward around my coach. Especially when I know how thin I would be leaving them for the next season. If I were declaring in a few days, I would be somewhere private planning all the next steps.

I’m not Alex Legions mom, but I feel pretty good today about them returning.

• Michael F. Jox
      3:40 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

I’m just surprised one walked in his office without the other. I was under the impression that they shared a liver.

• Kyle Tucker's source
      3:42 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Actually he said Aaron was in his office. So based on this Andrew is declaring and Aaron is returning. Thank you. I’ll let Kyle know.

• Crazy8s
      3:43 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Andrew just came in to get his copy of “Players First” signed.

• Crazy8s
      3:45 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Correction: “Aaron just came in…”

(Thanks Kyle Tucker’s source)

11. Syrin
    3:43 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Sounds like they really want to play in the NBA D-league rather than try to win a national title.

12. Jeff Harrison
    3:49 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

The twins will announce their return to Kentucky tomorrow. Done deal 😉

• Rex Chapman
      3:57 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

No B.S.?

13. ukbradstith
    3:58 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

I bet cal, James young, Randall (sic), don’t know because the twins don’t know themselves. Truly a last minute decision.

14. Kyle Tucker's source
    4:44 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

I spoke with Aaron Sr. He told me that tomorrow the 2 5 of April, that he’s going to have his son’s play a game of one-on-one, first one to 10 wins. One of the twins will be Kentucky. The other twin will be the NBA. He hasn’t told them who will represent what. I know though. Andrew will be Kentucky (don’t let him know this yet). Let’s go Andrew!

15. Bobby Knight's shrink
    4:51 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

My anger management therapist’s sister-in-law’s cousin’s nephew said he heard that one twin is STAYING and one twin is declaring…..however doesn’t know which is which !

16. TheRealHambone
    5:38 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

People are called “losers” on this forum for speaking their minds about how spoiled the Harrisons and all the other McDonalds All Americans are. It would be my contention that the epitome of a “loser” would be anyone that would give half a thought to what Andy and Aaron are going to do about the damn draft. But come to think of it a half thought for most of you morons is about a quarter too much…LOL

• Kyle Tucker's source
      6:34 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Welcome to the comments section of a blog post referencing the twins and the draft.

17. Big Mouth REX
    5:49 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

We def. need the twins back, I dont know what kind of drugs Brow is on, but I remember them taking the NCAA tourn. by storm!

18. Lil' brother's at it again
    8:46 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

Even if Cal knew, he wouldn’t steal their thunder even if they were leaving. Sooooo I’m hungry for a sammich!

19. Money
    8:49 pm April 24, 2014 Permalink

one person left a comment, “If they do go to the D League it wont matter, they will still be rich” lol too funny.

20. Bob
    2:00 am April 25, 2014 Permalink

If 20,000 a year living with 3 roommates is rich to you I don’t want to see your job. Be better of at Walmart And that’s for real dude