Calipari thinks Tai Wynyard and Jemarl Baker are out for the year

What’s the latest on Tai Wynyard? The sophomore big man hasn’t played since December because of a back injury and on today’s SEC Coaches Teleconference, John Calipari said he doesn’t expect he’ll return this year.

“As far as Tai, he has a back injury that is a disc issue. He’s tried to come back twice; it hasn’t worked. So, I think at this point he’ll be sitting out the rest of the year.”

Calipari made similar comments about Jemarl Baker, who has been out all season after undergoing knee surgery in November to clean up lingering soreness from a previous injury.

“Jemarl’s been on the court shooting some, but he hasn’t done anything, so I can’t imagine with eight games to go that he’ll be able to help us that way. I would say, obviously with Tai, I don’t think there’d be any chance at this point. He’ll be out. I also think with Jemarl, it’s not what I can see happening.”

That’s a shame because we could sure use his shooting.

[mobile_ad]

10 Comments for Calipari thinks Tai Wynyard and Jemarl Baker are out for the year

1. Smyrna_Cat
    12:30 pm February 5, 2018 Permalink

How much is KSR getting paid to play The Hammer video? This is VERY annoying.

• Kevin C
      12:35 pm February 5, 2018 Permalink

I don’t see a video….probably because I have both U-Block Origin and Ad-Block Plus running in Firefox.

• 4everUKblue
      12:37 pm February 5, 2018 Permalink

Funny I have adblock plus also and I don’t see any ads either.

• KYJelly
      1:01 pm February 5, 2018 Permalink

How much are you getting paid to ask that question in every comment section?

• I don’t see it on PC on Chrome (Ad Block Plus), but I do see it on iPad in Safari even though I have AdGuard enabled.

• BBNDan7
      1:56 pm February 5, 2018 Permalink

You’re right. They should just do all of this for free!!

• No one said that.

As I said in the Show Thread, it’s a VERY obtrusive ad. I also said “I know ads pay the bills, but obtrusive ads drive away traffic it seems to me.”

RealCatsFan said (and has said this MANY times before) “Yeah, I simply cannot understand why KSR has not rolled out a paid membership that is ad free. You would think that they could generate just as much revenue that way. Maybe I am completely wrong about this.”

2. FlatTopsAndBlockedShots
    12:36 pm February 5, 2018 Permalink

When it was announced Baker had an injury and needed surgery they said the earliest he would be back was the end of March so for those that were under the impression he was coming back, this is more of a reminder he’s still on the team and out for the year. Tai on the other hand is surprising news. He was actually playing very well in his extremely limited play, as a whole his body of work in game is far superior to Nick Richards.

3. Lip Man 1
    12:42 pm February 5, 2018 Permalink

This news sums up the season pretty well so far. A young team that can’t stay healthy = trouble.

4. mrknowitall1981
    1:56 pm February 5, 2018 Permalink

C’mon man. I wouldn’t say he was playing “very well.” If he was, he would have played more.