Calipari shows up at Spring Practice

Bl6OnixIYAA2m5w

There were two surprise visitors at this morning’s spring practice: Bob Stoops and John Calipari. The Oklahoma coach stopped by to see how his brother was doing, and Cal, in true Cal fashion, showed up in a suit before heading off on the recruiting trail.

Matt, Ryan, and Drew will be doing the radio show live from spring practice in about twenty minutes, so stay tuned to hear more behind-the-scenes scoop.

In the meantime, give that picture your best caption.

48 Comments for Calipari shows up at Spring Practice

1. UK Fan
    9:44 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

I sure hope both of them can teach Stupes to coach better.

• Delk for 3
      9:49 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Our guy can coach and if you couldn’t see that last season you are an idiot.

• UK Fan
      9:50 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Wait. What did you see last season? You sure you were watching Kentucky?

• Swamp Donkey
      9:54 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Your expectations must’ve been very unrealistic. When your predecessor recruits at an uncompetitive level, there’s little you can do. That showed on the offensive side of the ball when the majority of the production came from first-year players. Give him time.

• Delk for 3
      9:59 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

It was obvious the team improved greatly from the season before. The man was given one of the least talented teams in big conference D-I football. Even without much talent, the guy got the kids playing extremely hard and they were competitive in many games they had no business being competitive in. If you couldn’t see the obvious improvement from Joker’s last season to Stoops’ first, I don’t know what you were watching. You don’t know football and it’s obvious.

• UK Fan
      10:05 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

I saw a team with much upgraded talent from the year before, go 2-10. Just like the year before. He beat an FCS team and possibly the worst team in FBS. Some improvement right there…

So if he upgraded the talent and had them playing hard, yet the results were the same, doesn’t that mean his on-field coaching is sub-par?

• Delk for 3
      10:16 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Having to rely on freshmen in college football makes it damn near impossible to have much success. His on-field coaching is far from sub-par and anybody that really understands football could clearly see that. The guy is a good coach. Give him until fall of 2015 and I’m confident we will start to become a program UK fans will be really proud of.

• UK Fan
      10:23 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

“Having to rely on freshmen in college football makes it damn near impossible to have much success. ”

Yet he’s thinking of starting Drew Barker. How much sense does that make?

• UKNation
      1:49 pm April 23, 2014 Permalink

So let me get this straight… The year before, the team goes 2-10 and Stoops has 3 months to recruit for the following season, in the toughest conference bar-none, and you expect him to do much better with freshman? You are an idiot!

2. KevinM
    9:46 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Look at Stoops showing up in a UK jacket. I bet the Okies like that one!

• Were You Calling From a Walkie-Talkie
      9:53 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Exactly what I noticed too!

• Stoopid
      9:54 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Remember Mark Stoopid wearing the Oklahoma outfit during their bowl game this winter? Rooting against the SEC, I might add. The same SEC he talks so highly about and rides the coat-tails of.

• Delk for 3
      10:01 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Some people have no common sense. The poster above is one of them. Stoops shouldn’t support his brother? Idiot.

• Looserville Sux
      10:10 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

DELK, you are a troll. Go back under your Looserville bridge. U mad because u bad?

• Delk for 3
      10:20 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Oh no, you called me a TROLL!!!! Hard to take from someone so clever to come up with a name of Looserville Sux!

3. catlogic15
    9:49 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

It truly amazes me the energy John Calipari has. Even still with a bad hip. The guy is Superman.

4. Roofus Howls
    9:52 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Caption?

If you want to buy a copy of my book, the bookstore is down that way. It’s called, uhmm “Succeed and Proceed” or “Bounce Back 2 – Electric Boogaloo”, or I don’t know, but you can also get some Orange Leaf on the way.

5. Kycats1983
    9:54 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

And your brother thinks we are a football school!!!

• Bubba
      9:59 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Caption of the thread!

6. Shawn ward
    9:55 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Did you say the keg was over there Bob ?

7. James
    9:56 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

No caption from me. Just appreciating the awesomeness of this picture.

8. Jordan
    10:00 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

I got a pullover similar to that one, but mines sypder…

9. Drewdown
    10:00 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

“Is that guy pooping ice cream?”

10. Chaz
    10:00 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Hey, why don’t you give basketball a try? I might have an opening for an assistant coach soon.

11. John Short
    10:02 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

“You need to run more Rick-Rick plays.”

12. Steve
    10:02 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Hey Bob. Pull my finger. I poop ice cream.

13. Oklahoma
    10:03 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Hey our coach has on UK gear! WTF? lol just joshing he looks good in it.

14. Bob Stoops Likes UK Blue
    10:04 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Two National Championship Coaches At Kentucky Spring Practice http://wp.me/p4pLOr-fz

• SEC
      10:08 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Too bad neither of them actually has anything to do with UK football.

• CPACAT
      3:12 pm April 23, 2014 Permalink

I can’t overstate how big a presence John Calipari is..notice the third picture from the link above that Mark, Bob, and the rest are all focused on him. He is the biggest fish wherever he goes.

15. Mamma
    10:12 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Cal: I told that little shi t to stop bothering me and got back to his job giving Pitino reach arounds

Bob: what’s his name

Cal: UK Fan, the first comment on this thread

16. Stoopid
    10:14 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Cal: “Heck, Bob, even you had more SEC wins last season and you play in the Big 12. Can you teach him something?”

17. Bob better not be spying on us in case we play Okie in a bowl game! Hah! J/K. I would like to hear some of the conversations about SEC vs. the rest of the world at the Stoops’ Thanksgiving dinners.

18. nuke99 m
    10:16 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Tell your brother I know Willie played wide receiver in high school. He still can’t have him!

19. Day Sleeper
    10:21 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

“Thanks for the keys to the jet!”

20. UKfansNKY
    10:36 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

First and foremost all you trolls and haters can kiss my A$$!! If you don’t have anything positive to say don’t say it and BTW you “so-called”UKfan in the first post sure wish you would learn to spell…dummy!

GO CATS!!!

21. 1978best
    10:54 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Scared me at first. I thought Bob was Billy Gillispie.

22. OldUKFan
    10:54 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Cal: “Hey Coach, if you could recruit like me you’d have a better chance of winning an NC….just sayin’.”

23. Sooner Cat
    11:11 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

As a UK undergrad alum and OU grad school alum living in Oklahoma, this is a great picture! OU has a passoniate fan base that is much like Kentucky’s fan base. The Sooners will bandwagon as fans for any team or person that shows OU some support. UK fans should do the same with OU. And this isn’t about SEC v. Big 12; it’s about blood being thicker than water (or conference allegience). We should be thrilled that Bob is at UK, wearing UK gear, and supporting his brother.

• chuck
      4:35 pm April 23, 2014 Permalink

I’ve liked the OU program ever since Bob take the HC job. Fun to watch. Glad to see him in Lex to support his brother. Good PR for both. Any chance Bob is headed down to Berea to try to recruit Damien Harris? Hope not.

24. Alamo_CatFan
    11:24 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

“Hey, tell your brother I see an opportunity for a tweak right there”

25. Fake Hort Elvison
    11:58 am April 23, 2014 Permalink

Cal: You know coach I don’t usually let people ride my Vespa but here are the keys. It’s parked right over there behind the fence.

26. Coach Califootball
    12:14 pm April 23, 2014 Permalink

“I’m not a football expert, but what about having the right guard keep the ball and drive down the middle. If he’s lightly guarded he can drive to the goal for the score. If the defense collapses he can pass to the wing or lob over the top to a big receiver. Worked for us!”

27. Tom Crean is a great coach...
    12:14 pm April 23, 2014 Permalink

“Do me a favor. Water the field, and in the mean time, get me a Cannoli.”

28. WalterL
    12:18 pm April 23, 2014 Permalink

Man, you trolls need to get a life and stop being a bunch of Snapper-Heads on a UK site. Go back to your urban renewal project by the train tracks and those abandoned Purina dog Chow silo’s.

29. Wendell
    12:24 pm April 23, 2014 Permalink

“hey coach, i hear there’s going to be a bacon shortage. You better go stock up. I’ve had fans bringing me bacon all week so i’m good.”

30. David
    1:03 pm April 23, 2014 Permalink

Cal: “Hey, you have a spot on your jacket”

Stoops: “I’m not falling for that again”

31. Old Cat
    3:10 pm April 23, 2014 Permalink

Caption:
    “You can do it! Why not?