Calipari showed UK’s bench reactions during Sunday’s film meeting

Photo: Keyli Chisesi (Go Big Blue Country)

With all of the exciting plays in the final minutes of Kentucky’s comeback win against West Virginia, John Calipari had plenty to show his team in Sunday’s film review of the game.

But it wasn’t the action he showed them; it was clips of the bench during the action.

The tape I showed them yesterday was the bench,” Calipari said. “From the seven-minute mark through the rest of the game, all we kept showing was the bench — of baskets made, on defensive stops, on running off the floor.”

He told his team, “Look at you guys, you get it. You’re happy.”

“Kevin Knox, when he walked in the locker room after the game, the whole team mobbed him,” he said. “Are you ready for this? They mobbed Nick. They mobbed Nick… They were all happy for him.”

To this nobody blogger who was at the game, it looked like the Wildcats played with more energy and emotion than I’ve seen all season, especially Knox. John Calipari hopes it will continue, which is why he emphasized the bench reactions and having fun to his team.

I do not know if he addressed the Big Ball Dance, though.

Article written by Drew Franklin

10 Comments for Calipari showed UK’s bench reactions during Sunday’s film meeting

1. Realme
    4:41 pm January 29, 2018 Permalink

Wonder what happened to the Fire Cal guy? Surely he’s mad they only won the second half.

2. secrick
    4:49 pm January 29, 2018 Permalink

They got it now, top 10 coming to this team in the near future.

3. demoCrAT
    5:35 pm January 29, 2018 Permalink

ive watched it 5 times and still dont see the dance you keep referring to

• FACTS
      5:59 pm January 29, 2018 Permalink

I think if we get by Tennessee and Auburn “comfortably” like robson15 said, I think we will be getting closer to our full potential and be able to take on Duke, Virginia, and even Villanova. (I think Duke is overrated this year and that is simply because they don’t have a defense.)

• Booby Petrino
      6:06 pm January 29, 2018 Permalink

They didn’t show the front angle on television, I guess you had to be there in person like whoever took the pic to see it.

4. az1006
    6:02 pm January 29, 2018 Permalink

I rewatched the second half, and aside from the bench being really into it, I loved seeing how engaged EVERYBODY was during timeouts. At one point late, they had a camera inside the huddle, and guys were getting coached, asking questions, and guys on the bench were doing it too. It was a far cry from what we’ve seen from these guys up to this point. I think that game will be THE turning point for this team.

5. coachc90
    7:51 pm January 29, 2018 Permalink

But…but…but Cal can’t coach and we’re tired of the ‘one-and-done’ – signed, Everyone who needs to shut up NOW

6. holdem197727
    8:02 pm January 29, 2018 Permalink

I have never understood the fire cal people. I mean every year we have the potential to win a championship, but people would rather get four year players and have a chance every four years. Blows my mind really.