Calipari scared the NCAA will reseed the field

John Calipari went on The Jim Rome Show this afternoon to discuss his team’s Sweet 16 berth. With the road to the Final Four surprisingly open now that so many top seeds lost, Calipari joked that he’s afraid the NCAA might reseed the field and send Kentucky out to Los Angeles.

“They’re talking about our little corner of the world where they put us in the meat grinder but everybody got beat! So, now, all of a sudden, I’m worrying about them wanting to reseed the field and we haven’t got any plans to go to Atlanta because I’m afraid they may send us to [Los Angeles].”

Jokes aside, Calipari insists that the South Region still presents some formidable challenges, starting with the toughest game UK’s played since the SEC Tournament.

“Like Loyola, everybody is like, ‘eh.’ They beat Miami and Tennessee! Tennessee beat our brains in. Nevada comes from 22 down to Cincinnati and Texas 14 down and they’re still playing. Kansas State, without their leading scorer, ends up beating Creighton, who is one of those teams who can score? I’m looking at it saying, I’m telling my guys, don’t listen to all these talking heads. They’ve never coached, they’ve never played in this thing.”

Beat Kansas State.

[mobile_ad]

20 Comments for Calipari scared the NCAA will reseed the field

1. kentuckybackupplayer
    3:25 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

Emmert is trying to figure out how to get KY right now, bet on it.

• rabblerabblerabble
      4:52 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

What’s funny to me is that I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not.

2. Catlogic15
    3:31 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

All this talk about an “open road” to the Final Four and jokes about re-seeding makes me nervous.
    That’s bulletin board material for Kansas State and the other two teams in the bracket.

• Booby Petrino
      3:34 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

“We have a challenge ahead of us Thursday. Forget about anything else. Our game against Kansas State is going to be the hardest game since our own tournament.” – – you think that’s bulletin board material?

• ClutchCargo
      4:05 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, I don’t really see much there for the bulletin board. But even if it was, KSU is going to need a lot more than that to do anything with us.

3. Catlogic15
    3:56 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

Not talking about Cal. Of course he knows better. It’s the national “pundits”, some of our own fans on message boards, and even the writer of the article above saying “surprisingly open”. You can’t tell me Kansas State isn’t paying attention.

• Booby Petrino
      4:40 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

Gotcha. Well you never know around this site unless it’s clear who you’re talking about lol.

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      4:42 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

I would hope Kansas State players have better things to be doing right now than reading this website.

• Booby Petrino
      5:33 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

I hope they don’t, TT. Better for us if they are reading it and not really getting ready for the game

4. ClutchCargo
    4:02 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

I love the classy person that Cal has proven himself to be since he got to UK. But let’s be honest, Cal is at his absolute best when he work himself up to having that sarcastic, us-vs-the world edge that makes everyone else hate him. He really feeds off that stuff, and it’s hilarious!

• Angelo
      4:21 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

Ditto! Genius he is!!

5. Chacosrule
    4:19 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

The committee put every team capable of beating duke on the left side of the bracket, ensuring duke makes it to the championship game. If we lose and duke goes on to win it all, I think I quit sports.

• rabblerabblerabble
      4:55 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

You don’t think Villanova is capable of beating a team that lost to St. John’s and Boston College? Kansas? Michigan State? Purdue (before the Isaac Haas injury)?

• ClutchCargo
      5:13 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

Dook would likely (IMO) have to beat Syracuse, Kansas and Villanova to get to the title game. Surely one of them can defeat the Evil Empire.

• 4everUKblue
      5:35 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

Nova looks really good, I’d be surprised if they’re not in the championship game.

• ClutchCargo
      6:38 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

Confession: I have Villanova as the champion in my office pool bracket.

6. 4everUKblue
    5:38 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

Anyone who wants to replace Cal just because he has only won one title in 8 years seriously needs to seek professional help…..Slater.

• BigBlueNationDude
      5:56 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

You need help. Am i the one that got away? You obsess over me. Every post almost

7. Headhurts
    5:52 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

8. stitch doctor
    5:55 pm March 19, 2018 Permalink

We need to focus on our team, not fuel the fire of opponents who already are anxious to take us out. Don’t give them any more bulletin board material.