Calipari on next year’s roster: “We should be okay”

How is John Calipari feeling about his team after the addition of Reid Travis? If there’s a word for someone’s who’s both swaggy and smug, he’s it. Cal appeared on “SportsCenter A.M.” this morning to preview tonight’s draft, and inevitably, was asked about Travis and next year’s squad.

“He’s going to bring a lot,” Cal said of Travis. “You know I say if it’s talent or experience, I’m taking talent, but guess what, we get BOTH with him. He’s a talented player and he’s experienced. He can help us with leadership. He and PJ [Washington] — I told PJ and Reid that you’re both going to help each other. Both going against each other and playing with each other.

“The players we have returning with PJ and Nick [Richards], Jemarl [Baker] who didn’t play. Quade Green is WAY better. I looked at him yesterday in the gym, he’s lost weight. I’m excited. The new guys coming in, we just added Ashton Hagans to the team. We should be okay.”

Then he made this face:

Watch the entire interview below:

More on Calipari’s media appearances in just a bit…

[mobile_ad]

7 Comments for Calipari on next year’s roster: “We should be okay”

1. Kernel Sanders
    2:10 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

Cal is smuggy?

2. ukkatzfan
    2:42 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

Cal has a lot going for him as a coach. Poker face isn’t one of them. Hahahaha. 😛

• ClutchCargo
      2:43 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

He really is one of the easiest to read coaches, both in terms of facial expressions and lip reading.

3. ClutchCargo
    2:42 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

I’m going with “swug.”

4. ScottGreene22
    3:07 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

Can’t wait. If this team can work hard and come together we should win a lot of games and be in the the hunt for a final 4 birth. 10 deep kinda hoping for some platooning again and mix and matching those up along with maybe some full court D.

5. KYjellyRoll
    6:15 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

I wanna see the most annoying, pesky, intense, turnover forcing D in the last 20 years!

6. wyatts1
    9:46 pm June 21, 2018 Permalink

One of the best teams on paper UK has had during coach Era. I’m excited as can be for the basketball season to start but the 3 or 4 things that I’ll be watching for is gonna be green leading this team around all the other talented guards that’s gonna be pushing him and wanting his spot. Richards and his developing game is huge in my mind this year, even though we have 2 studs in PJ and Reid beside him, Richards has the height and the frame of a true big man that our 2 studs just don’t have. Lastly can they come together like the 2015 team did and be historic. I’m curious about if we will be platooning or not also but that almost seems inevitable.