Calipari jokes UK will be in the play-in game

It wouldn’t be Selection Sunday without John Calipari taking a shot at the Selection Committee, and after Kentucky’s SEC Championship, he delivered. When asked how the Cats’ run would affect their seed in the tournament, Cal dropped this classic line.

“Probably get a 12 and play in the play-in game in Dayton,” Cal quipped. “Is there a site in Anchorage?”

Jokes aside, Cal said the way Kentucky responded to Tennessee’s runs will help them in the tournament.

“I told them at halftime this is good because this will happen in the next tournament,” Cal said of Tennessee coming back from 17 points down. “This team responded. They responded and I just — every situation and experience is new to them.”

“Proud of them,” he added. “Really proud of them.”

[mobile_ad]

14 Comments for Calipari jokes UK will be in the play-in game

1. Ridge Runner
    4:04 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

He may not be far from the truth I think we all have learned…
    🙁

2. kentuckybackupplayer
    4:09 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

they will put UK in a bracket where they will have to play a team every game that was ranked in the top 20 this year.

3. roachey45011
    4:10 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

My question is how does Joe L have West Virginia as a #4 seed ? Kentucky beat them on their own court, have a higher RPI of 15 , our strength of schedule is 6 and they had a 52. If we don’t get a 4 seed the committee sucks crow !

4. vandzandz
    4:25 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

Maybe someone can help me out. Who were the refs in today’s game vs Tennessee?

• WinkyBoyBlue
      4:31 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

I would like to take a look at all 5 of Wenyen’s fouls today. It was almost like the refs had decided that he wouldn’t be a factor in the game.

• vandzandz
      4:34 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

Exactly. I know Shows was one but cant find the other 2. I might as well be searching for NASA launch codes online

• BigBlue4Three
      4:48 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

The other two jokers were Anthony Jordan and Joe Lindsey. Pretty sure Shows foul calls were 90% against UK and 10% against UT. He was/is horrible. Not quite as bad as Brian Shey, but close.

5. UKPROF
    4:30 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

Calipari ‘jokes’ but this is not joke. The University of Kentucky has an OFFICIAL NCAA color. It is called (strangely enough) Wildcat Blue. Basically, a ROYAL Blue. It’s HEX # is 0033A0 and it RGB number is (0.51,150). Is it impossible for us to put our teams (both football AND basketball) in our REAL school colors. I am tired of seeing out teams in a washed out faded blue that is looking more and more like ‘cry baby’ North Carolina blue. Can we get back to dressing out athletes in WILDCAT BLUE!!?

• CatBlue in LR
      5:26 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

Calm down. Kentucky’s “official” color used to be a much deeper blue. Back in the ’60s and ’70s and before, it was more like Villanova’s navy blue. Watch the SEC Network special on Pete Maravich tomorrow night (they’ll be plenty of UK footage because those were the games filmed the most in the SEC) and see if I’m not right.

6. Kevin C
    4:32 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

I really hope we get Oklahoma. It would be Shai vs. Trey…. Fox vs. Ball Part 2

• DelrayCat
      4:43 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

We seem to be stuck at a 5 seed. And I think a typical play-in game is the 12 seed typically for at large big conference teams. That fits bubble teams like OK or maybe even UL (doubtful)…so it may be possible.

7. codeblue270
    4:40 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

So proud for this team – played great team ball

8. runningunnin.454
    4:49 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

Joe Lindsay, Doug Shows, and Anthony Jordan.

9. jaws2
    4:57 pm March 11, 2018 Permalink

We already know we’re getting torqued on the seedlings, it’s just a matter of how torqued! The committee had already placed us prior to today, NO DOUBT! This happens EVERY year.