Calipari excited for Kentucky’s first practice of the season

While fans camp out for Big Blue Madness tickets outside the Joe Craft Center, the team is inside doing work. Today is Kentucky’s first practice of season, which has John Calipari so excited he took to Twitter to celebrate.

Walking in to our 1st practice and excited about the possibilities, but more excited to work with a great group of young people. They have a desire to improve themselves & to WIN.

Every day, I look at a sign on my wall in big, bold letters that says, “Coach your team”.

It’s on.

The only way that tweet could have been any better is if Calipari used this GIF:

Last night, Calipari shared his thoughts on the team on UK’s Tent City Live broadcast. Here’s a snippet:

It’s on.

21 Comments for Calipari excited for Kentucky’s first practice of the season

1. clint w.
    2:31 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

This makes me giddy

2. krautdog
    2:39 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

AWESOME!!!

3. IrishCat
    3:01 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

No matter how old I get, as soon as I feel a chill in the air I think it’s time for basketball practice! Gonna be a fun year. Let’s get it.

• Ridge Runner
      4:55 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

I understand Irish, but living here in Georgia… that chill might not come till Dec! Haaa.. But I know what ya mean.

4. DelrayCat
    3:35 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

In other breaking news: Calipari giddy the current president is to be impeached!

• DelrayCat
      3:37 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

Also, when UK wins the Title next year, I bet President Pelosi will actually invite the team to the White House.

• 4everUKblue
      4:29 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

Stop bringing politics into a sports thread and stop being part of the problem, you just can’t help yourself. All politicians are paid liars, cheats and thieves, especially on that level.

• 4everUKblue
      4:37 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

It’s funny how if one’s mate cheats or lies they will never be trusted again but a politician lies every time they open their mouth and people believe everything they say, no matter how many times they lie, cheat and steal.

• JT55
      7:57 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

There is a zero chance he is getting impeached. Let me repeat, ZERO CHANCE.

5. Righteous1
    4:04 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

I hope he does not use the same coaching clinic that was on display last year vs. Duke and was again on display vs. Auburn in the NCAA tournament with Auburn missing Chula Okeke and also the previous year against Kansas State while they were missing Dean Wade. He has had a nice raise and a new contract so BBN expectations should be met!

• 4everUKblue
      4:30 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

I was wondering what your new handle would be this season BigolSlaterMedic. You’re still an idiot.

• nocode96
      5:17 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

None of them have the cojones to continually use the same name 4ever, just useless, worthless, sad little trolls. Our buddy here is either some fat dude in a basement that gets off on controversy, or he’s 70 and still thinks separate water fountains and barefoot and pregnant women are what this country needs. Either way, he’s of little consequence to us other than being easy to make fun of.

• CrystalBall
      5:10 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

Righteous1. They have lost many games in the past 50 years. Why don’t you list them all.

• 4everUKblue
      5:36 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

Well put nocode. Maybe if we ignore him he will get tired of talking to himself, although I have a feeling he’s grown accustomed to taking to himself. I mean why would anyone not being held hostage talk to this pathetic troll?

• nocode96
      5:50 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

I tried ignoring them a year or two ago, but it’s not very cathartic. So, what I have been doing is saying my piece and calling their lunacy our, then just ignoring them. It likely bugs them more when you nibble at their bait briefly, then retort their dumb comments, then ignore their replies.

• 4everUKblue
      8:54 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

Good strategy nocode.

6. Voice of Reason
    8:27 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

Cade Cunningham to UNC?

7. Righteous1
    9:36 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

Let us look at historical dat: Rupp won 1 championship in his last 20 yrs. Joe Hall won 1 championship. Rick Pitino won 1 championship. Tubby Smith won 1 Championship. John Calipari won 1 championship. If you add the 3 that Rupp won prior to 1952 that adds up to 8. We pay 10 million and a lifetime contact, really? Is the UK just stupid, or do they not look at historical data?

8. Righteous1
    9:44 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

So now let me address Unicode 96 and 4everUKblue! You idiots like to call me out when I state facts, I will now look at every comment that you put on every article on this website and humiliate the both if you from this point forward!!!! My background is as follows: 1. West Point cadet. 2. Special Forces trained. 3. Retired after 30 yrs. 4. I used to enjoy humiliating inferior intellects and individuals of your ilk. I deal in facts and proven data. You both are my mission to humiliate!!!!!!

9. Righteous1
    9:51 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

Sorry that I did not provide pictures that would help the both of you clearly comprehend!

10. Righteous1
    10:15 pm September 27, 2019 Permalink

You are on my list as well Crystal Ball! I will list the losses for the last 50 year’s if you like! I will not provide any pictures for you to comprehend.