Calipari ditches the dad jeans, but what about those cargo shorts?

@UKCoachCalipari

You know how I know it’s a slow news day? I’m writing a post about John Calipari’s wardrobe. Alas, Calipari drew some laughs on Twitter this morning when he posted this picture of himself with a rep from Blue Delta Jeans.

“For all you millennials out there, I just got two pairs of fitted jeans from Blue Delta Jeans,” Cal wrote. “No more dad jeans!!! LOL!”

The best part about this tweet, of course, is that Calipari is bragging about giving up dad jeans while wearing cargo shorts, another abominable fashion choice. After everyone gave him grief for that, he responded:

Coincidentally, Mark Stoops is also a Blue Delta customer:

How much will a pair of custom Blue Delta Jeans cost you? Prices aren’t listed on their website (the first sign they won’t be cheap), but according to this article, around $500. So, be careful not to spill any coffee on those, Cal.

19 Comments for Calipari ditches the dad jeans, but what about those cargo shorts?

1. Bluebloodtoo
    1:32 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

Something tells me that $500 isn’t a big deal to Cal. His suits have to be WAY more than that.

2. CatManDo
    1:38 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

I contend that “proper” cargo shorts are okay. As long as the side pockets aren’t overly baggy and the shorts don’t go below the knees I think they are fine. Now skinny jeans on men, that’s a different story. Of course I’m no fashion guru either.

• Sentient Third Eye
      2:18 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

I tell my wife that my style is timeless. It was good twenty years ago and it will still be good twenty years from now. That’s when she laughs at me and rolls her eyes…but she also tells me that if I was the kind of guy who knew much about fashion, I probably wouldn’t have or want a wife.

3. ukblue22
    1:39 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

Is anyone going to bring up the Boys and Girls KY vs IN All Star games this weekend? The Girls won the game in Indiana on Saturday and the boys won in double overtime on Sunday. Hollingsworth was fantastic and deserves shout out.

4. JTHinton
    1:44 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

Taveions always playing well. Needs to bulk up a bit but Stansbury has a great incoming class (for CUSA) and four years in mbb changes a persons life when it comes to strength. Great player and a better person

5. Sentient Third Eye
    2:14 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

I doubt if the entire contents of my closet would add up to $500…but that would just be one pair of shoes for my wife (Did I mention I’m glad she went back to work?).

6. jayiron11
    3:16 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

When I want fashion advice, I follow Mrs Tyler Thompson. Her entire wardrobe is literally “Mom Clothes”
    Young women across the Commonwealth anxiously await Tyler’s latest fashion advice.
    Tyler’s wardrobe looks just like a college male’s dorm room closet.

• cjruk1
      3:43 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

Hey jayiron11, how do those upcoming NCAA penalties look on you? Like my mother always said, “If you can’t say anything nice, then shut the f*** up” Oh wait, that’s not what my mother said….

• Booby Petrino
      4:12 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

so college males dress in mom clothes?
      “Her entire wardrobe is literally “Mom Clothes”…”Tyler’s wardrobe looks just like a college male’s dorm room closet.”

You really suck at insults, must be a Louisville fan.

• jayiron11
      5:46 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

No, I’m a huge UK fan. Actually took Organic Chemistry I and II along with Genetics & Calculus at UK during a couple of summer sessions.
      Watched every inning of this weekends Super Regional. Sick the Cards won.
      I’m not the person critiquing the wardrobe of the GREATEST basketball coach in the Universe. Sorry for exposing Mrs Tyler’s fashion sense and revealing that her wardrobe resembles a male college freshman.

• EdC
      9:24 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

Well anybody who claims to have taken Organic Chemistry I and II along with Genetics and Calculus at UK MUST be a UK fan. Wait … huh?

7. runningunnin.454
    4:17 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

$500 jeans….get outta town. Reminds me of the Tennessee farmer that bought jeans, hung them over a fence, and shot them with a shotgun…sold them at three times the price.
    One born every minute.

8. jayiron11
    5:53 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

Imagine being such a low basketball IQ, pathetic fan from the small, toxic portion of BBN, that a KSR journalist can jokingly make fun of Cal’s wardrobe, but you get offended if someone in the comment section jokes with Mrs Tyler about her wardrobe. The hypocrisy resembles that of the Resistance

• Booby Petrino
      9:23 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

Don’t do drugs, kids. Drugs are bad. Hey idiot, Cal made fun of his own clothes before TT did. She pretty much just repeated what he said. For someone who tried to brag above about their classes, you sure do have a comprehension problem.

• Booby Petrino
      9:24 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

Imagine being such a pathetic person that you feel the need to critique a lady’s wardrobe on a sports blog. “She started it” right? Lol. Nope. Cal said it all first.

• EdC
      9:28 am June 13, 2017 Permalink

You really need to work on logic skills and actually read what you have written before posting.

So far every comment I have read from you is completely out of left field and nothing to do with the topic at hand. What does anything you point out have to do with “basketball IQ?” What does claiming to attend some summer classes have to do with being a UK fan? Maybe find another hobby. Neither joking or logic are in your wheel house.

9. BigBlueBass
    6:18 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

Cargo shorts getting made fun of in KY…. must be those damn skinny jean wearing tight plaid shirt untucked with fake glasses wearing millennials trying to influence us over 40 who don’t give a crap….

10. eyebleedblue
    7:31 pm June 12, 2017 Permalink

I don’t wear cargo shorts, but my 73 year old Dad does. I think once you reach a certain age you’re good, and at that age they’re probably using every single pocket.