Calipari believes Kevin Knox will play tomorrow

John Calipari and Kevin Knox have not discussed this morning’s Yahoo! report that named Knox one of the college basketball players who met with shady sports agent Christian Dawkins.

Knox’s father, Kevin Knox Sr., has since come forward to say that meeting never happened, but Calipari has not yet had that conversation with his star forward.

Kevin Knox’s father denies son met with agent

When asked if Cal expects Knox to play against Missouri, Cal simply said, “At this point, I believe so. I mean (unless) there is something I don’t know.”

Calipari also said he hasn’t met with anyone from his team today.

Article written by Drew Franklin

11 Comments for Calipari believes Kevin Knox will play tomorrow

1. Rmhall
    3:12 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

I am sure Sandy Bell has already spoke with Knox. If he wasn’t going to play then Cal would know and answered differently IMO. It was almost like he knew he was going to play and he was just looking around to make sure it was ok to say what he did. This to me is important, to me it says, somewhat, that UK feels they have the info they need to make a good determination as to hot to proceed as well as feeling that the allegations, regarding Knox , do not carry much weight and does not justify benching him. This is just my opinion and we will see tomm. I do however think it speaks volumes whether he plays or not.

• 4everUKblue
      3:18 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Sandy Bell is on top of things, as long as she is the compliance officer I am not worried.

2. Catlogic15
    3:14 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

I say we do whatever Duke does with Wendell Carter. Same scenario. And whatever they do seems to work just fine.

3. micahmoyers
    3:17 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Bam is the only one I’m worried about unless more info comes out. With the current info, looks like there’s nothing much to the Knox or Nerlens situations.

• Rmhall
      3:20 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Agree. Even with him, unless more comes out, then the worst I see is vacating the season wins. I hope this is all there is involving UK.

4. UKinIN
    3:24 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Sandy Bell can’t oversee what goes on with high school players. My only concern is that UK has not been involved with any of ensuring leave monies have found their way to players or their families. Even if UK has to vacate games I’m ok with it as long as the program is clean.

5. Luether
    4:36 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

My sources say that Knox should probably just sit and pay his $200…

• catsarerunnin
      5:20 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Your sources also say poop doesn’t stink.

• true2blue
      8:51 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

Your source is Matt Jones on his morning radio show. A little late to make that comment.

6. Headhurts
    5:30 pm February 23, 2018 Permalink

If I were in charge the first major change would start with NO MORE SHOE DEALS WITH NCAA COLLEGES all shoes must be purchased by colleges as needed. All brands mix and match at all colleges. I know Big money and free shoes are hard to turn down but it has to start there in some fashion.