Cal will be on “The O’Reilly Factor” tonight

BlNPAm2CcAA-sv6

John Calipari finished up day one of his book tour by stopping by “The O’Reilly Factor,” and tweeted a picture of himself and Bill O’Reilly on set with the following caption:

Just got done with Bill O’Reilly’s show. Wow. I’m going to be honest, normally I’m not very nervous doing interviews but he’s pretty big. The interview will air sometime tonight during his show at 8 p.m. He said he wants to come to a Kentucky game. What game should we invite him to?

So many strange things here: 1) Cal being nervous about anything; 2) Cal being O’Reilly in the first place; and 3) O’Reilly wanting to come to a Kentucky game. What game should Cal invite him down for?

The interview airs at 8 p.m. ET tonight on Fox News.

77 Comments for Cal will be on “The O’Reilly Factor” tonight

1. Rei
    4:04 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

O’Reilly had a segment a few years ago calling people from Appalachia stupid. Wonder why he’d want to come to a Kentucky game?

• The Cooler
      4:16 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Are they?

• Rei
      4:24 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Yes. So why would he want to be around some of them?

• The Cooler
      4:37 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Not sure. Tune in tonight and see if he says why.

• bigger blue
      4:55 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I say seat him in the rafters with the fiesty fans who drive in from Appalachia for the games and lets see how long it takes for his loud mouth (and that other hole of his that makes up most of his personality) to get tossed down to the lower arena!

This is the same guy that told the son f a veteran to SHUT UP on his show when the kid was talking about his dad being a democrat and wanting the war to end before he gave his life for our freedom…

• jus sayin
      5:50 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Because being a Kentucky Fan is in

• Hill
      6:17 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Never heard that. Is that on YouTube? Did you see that show where he said that?

• LaRueBigBlue
      8:48 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

@Hill I did watch that episode. I couldn’t believe what he was saying to the kid. The guy is a jerk. I could careless about his political preferences. So I don’t have that issue. He’s just so disrespectful to almost all his guest. Thought Marilyn Manson was gonna eat his throat on there one night. Keep Bill out of Rupp!

2. Yahoo
    4:04 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Deng it Cal. Now I have to watch Faux News tonight

• Stan The Man
      4:39 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Papa Bear isn’t on MSNBC

3. Brad in Portland
    4:06 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Dear Coach Cal,

I’d like to come to a UK game. Hit me up.

4. Carlton Banks
    4:07 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

• Hash
      4:36 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

funny!

5. Curious
    4:08 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I wonder why Matt didn’t make this post?

6. Everybody Else
    4:08 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I hate O”Reilly.

7. Richard Cranium
    4:11 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

O’Reilly is awesome! He can come to any game he wants!

• Mark
      4:25 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

UK vs UofL :)…. Just because Cal goes on O’Reilly does not mean he is left or right. They have a lot of Left wing interviews on FOX. They have a lot of everything. Only mouths like Media Matters feeds it’s people crap about Fox and Rush or any thing remotely to the right. Have you noticed how the left wingers start their statements by “I Hate”! The most intolerant people in the country. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

• schwing
      4:38 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

then i guess “any thing remotely to the right” is BS, because that’s what you’ll find on media matters. go ahead, debunk them.

secondly, what does “feeds it is people” mean?

8. jpcat15
    4:12 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I never miss The Factor. Should be an interesting segment. I assume they will be discussing the one and done deal.

9. bill o'
    4:13 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

i’ll report and i’ll decide

10. CatsFan12
    4:13 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I always knew that Cal was a conservative, you can just tell. He just puts on a front being a liberal to get Bball recruits.

• UkFanInNoVA
      4:26 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Cal is financially wealthy but he’s not CRAZY wealthy like the Bill Gates and Warren Buffets of the world. When you’re in that space between “rich” and “super rich”, you’re not necessarily as quick to support a political party that wants to redistribute your wealth… 😉

• schwing
      4:39 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

right. those guys are smart enough to realize they couldn’t possibly spend half of their money, that’s why they are consciously redistributing it themselves.

• Dee W.
      5:10 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Cal doesn’t show sides – it isn’t relevant to his current job. He has in Bill Clinton, Condoleeza Rice, Steve Beshear, Mitch McConnell, etc.

Although the way the mainstream media including the NYT seems to pick on him you may have a point.

• HOLLYWOOD Hal
      5:10 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I agree, Cal is probably a republican. He has a job and pays taxes.

• roundball fool
      6:45 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I don’t know man. Cal is devout Catholic and The Pope and Jesus have been getting called out for being too liberal!

11. azzie
    4:13 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Louisville game, like O”Reilly

12. ...
    4:15 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

How about the Louisville Vs. Morehead Game……

13. tom
    4:17 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Doesn’t matter what game O’Reilly attends, just make sure to sit him on the right side of the bench.

14. Whitenack
    4:18 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I’d like to see Cal on TDS.

15. Icgara
    4:19 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Any away game.

• bigger blue
      5:03 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Hellz yes!

16. Scott
    4:22 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Our home game with Florida – should be the last game of the regular season.

17. Blue_Cat75
    4:23 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

What’s it going to take to get Cal on Between Two Ferns?

• theWilkman
      4:34 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

This would be great!

18. Chaz
    4:24 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

The Cal & Bill Show. I’m sure it’ll be disappointing, but I’ll actually turn on the TV tonight. Thanks MTT. You never know what Cal is going to throw out there.

19. Whew!
    4:27 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I’m glad he didn’t go on MSNBC, all the crazies would give him the Rex Chapman treatment.

• CA
      4:42 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

MSNBC doesn’t have the viewer ratings that Fox does. Coach Cal is smart to go on shows with the most viewers.

• Luther
      9:04 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

MSNBC is for far left zealots and loons only…

Fortunately, we don’t have that many in Ky…

20. Troy
    4:31 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I’m die hard conservative and hate O’Reilly. His ego ruins the message, he is a terrible debater, and he’s too liberal for me on too many issues.

• Rei
      4:38 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

You must be insane then.

• schwing
      4:41 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

the guy couldn’t possibly be further to the right. even further than your lord & savior, ronald regan. yet you say he’s too liberal… simply incredible.

• Mc
      4:48 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I guess the strange thing is people can be different from one another.

• bigger blue
      5:02 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

MC… what are you a communist? How dare you promote individuality??? Now let’s all get our goose step on and fall in line behind the O’eff-you Factor!

• Dee W.
      5:12 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

“the guy couldn’t possibly be further to the right.”

You don’t pay much attention to him then. That’s fine, but don’t form opinions about something you don’t bother to be informed on.

• paul Kelley
      5:39 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

O”Reilly just seem liberal compared to O’Bama who is so far left coast he is in Hawaii.

• Craig
      5:54 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I agree with you up until you say he’s too liberal. At some point Anti-Intellectualism in America needs to stop.

• Luther
      9:05 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

You are right. Anybody who watches O’Reilly knows that he give Lib-tards way too many passes…

21. Jorge Pancho
    4:32 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Speaking on behalf of the otherwise silent majority of the BBN, here’s hoping this appearance was a one-and-done.

22. Craig Sagers Suits
    4:41 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Politics aside, NO do NOT invite O’Reilly to Rupp. I don’t like him, not because he’s more on the conservative side of the aisle and blatant about it, it’s because he is an unprofessional TARD who when asks a question, his guest, while trying to answer is INTERRUPTED 80% or so of the time. I find that to be highly unprofessional on any journalist who does it, liberal, conservative, moderate, whatever. I get the fact that he doesn’t want things to be spun, but at the same time you can’t claim to be fair and balanced when you interrupt someone every time they try to answer a question. Bill Maher, liberal side, is guilty of this too, just so anyone wanting to attack me tries to complain towards me.

• patches O'hoolian
      10:25 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Both moderators you listed interrupt for a couple of reasons…mostly because the guest is doin the 5 d’s…dodge duck dip dive and dodge the question…also they of course have certain amount of time for the segment….let O’Reilly and Bill M set together at Rupp as long as they cheer for BIG BLUE…I do not really care what their politics are

23. Ferd
    4:46 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

None he already knows everything.

24. Seriously
    4:48 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Could be worse, at least it’s not Rush Limbaugh

• Luther
      9:06 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

RL is a great American hero!

25. DavidP19
    4:52 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I have seen enough of OReilly to know that I won’t waste a second of my time watching. Sorry, Cal.

26. dan
    4:57 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

transy or something that doesn’t count

27. Peas and Carrots
    5:01 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Rabble Rabble Rabble. Rabble Rabble Rabble Rabble.

28. Nope
    5:05 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Not even Calipari could make me watch that tool bag. He’s the joker that thinks human beings don’t understand what causes tides to come and go. He’s a fool.

29. John Ellis
    5:06 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

O’Reilly is a pig and a thug. Invite him to stay out of Lexington.

• Luther
      9:07 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

And you are a far left kook!

30. Chaz
    5:07 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Cal’s got this. He’ll talk basketball and NCAA. No World politics, no “where were you when”.Cal’s a coach and he’s elite. Watch it or not, but I bet it’s entertaining.

31. Kj
    5:20 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

U know what cracks me up that politics is interjected into a game, why can’t we just talk about basketball & leave politics out of it Matt & the KSR gang, frat followers? Saw his tweet, then your comment about cracking u up, live your personal believes & biases out of it, just report that he is doing the show for his book tour, I mean it’s not complicated, is it?

32. paul Kelley
    5:36 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Remember Cal is the great promoter and O’Reilly timeslot is the best to sell his book. O’Reilly is an alum of Harvard maybe they co\uld invite O’Reilly and Obama to come to an UK Harvard game, That way they both could cheer for Harvard and agree on something.

33. Orlando "Ortegas Smile"
    5:40 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

There were times, this year, that I would have liked to see Julius Randle in the “NO SPIN ZONE”.

• Luther
      9:07 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Good one!

34. Craig
    5:49 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

If I was trying to sell a book I’d go on the O’Reilly factor, even though he’s arrogant, obnoxious, and mostly wrong. Lots of people watch, and Fox News does know a lot more about making profits versus what is ethical.

35. KevinM
    5:49 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

O’Reilly says he can’t attend games anymore because of the way people act. I wonder if he just doesn’t like to hear something he doesn’t agree with.

I watch alot of Fox and it hasn’t swayed me towards either direction. I just like to at least hear what might be closer to the truth than the stations that don’t refute anything Obama spits….the messiah that he is.

• NYCayts
      6:17 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Well then he lies because I see him at Knicks games all the time. Occasional Rangers games. He’s a big dude.

36. BurnerTurner5
    6:14 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Hey Schwing. Learn how to spell the greatest president of your lifetime. It’s REAGAN. O’reilly is an independent. You liberals think he leans far right due to the fact that he doesn’t drink the clown from Kenya’s Kool-Aid.

37. wickedgood
    7:20 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

thank goodness mrs. thompson brought this out on ksr i have been a been a hardcore reader and listener since the beginning .
    i can tell you since obama was elected and calipari was hired matt has been making his smartness remarks focused on conservatives and road his high horse insisting obama was the savior and coach cal a strong supporter .
    until obama showed he was a total failure and all the facts showed cal was a conservative who was fiscally responsible he stood his ground if you have old downloads or been a reader since the beginning read them .
    matt jones is a great ky wildcat fan and gives us a wonderful opportunity to get some great info and i commend him but even his cohost make fun of him being insane when he is wrong . look at his tweet today like a child getting a dig on O’reily and calipari’s interview. MATT COME-ON MAN

38. Msnbc
    7:26 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Hey all you progressives..he’s on msnbc tomorrow. Happy now!! Guess what..right wingers buy books too and usually if O’Reilly endorses a book it goes to No. 1. But I guess your feelings are more important than a business move that tries to sell books to all people. Watch O’Reilly..you might open your mind. Both parties are corrupt and anyone that solely votes party ticket is gullible.

39. wickedgood
    7:26 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

wickedgoodboy @wickedgoodboy58 16 May
    @KySportsRadio know any obama supporters who gave to george bush &invited john boehner to a game at rupp.its called politics come on lawyer!

Matt Jones
    @KySportsRadio
    @wickedgoodboy58 Believe what u wish. He is an Obama supporter. Joe Craft brought Boehner although I am sure Cal was glad to have him
    05:38 PM – 16 May 13
    this is from 2013 here he is . i hope obama does not get him audited by the IRS for doing o’reily

40. wickedgood
    7:33 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

no one said he would not do msnbc or i personally think bill maher would get him a more sympathetic audience for his book . my point is i support him and will not be dismissive but his history is he is fiscally conservatives he wants the ncaa to pay the players and not the taxpayers be forced to give them more money and OBAMA will never be in history someone coach cal writes a book about

41. UKNation
    8:57 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Whatever you say about O’Reilly someone could say about Chris Matthews (no, not the football player). I happen to be a Republican but I am not so naïve to think that they, republican politicians, have my best interest at heart if it doesn’t line up with their checkbooks or the donors checkbooks. If you are a democrat or republican know this….. THEY ALL SUCK! How many of the millionaires donate their checks back to America, check out the benefit plans for politicians versus the average working American. I would love to run for office and be a voice for the real people but big business would make sure I didn’t get anywhere and I would probably get sucked into the greed as well. Your political party sucks!!! It isn’t better than the other side of the isle.

42. BBN
    9:18 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

UkNation.. Totally agree. I do wish Condolezza Rice would run and be nominated so this dumb stigma of Republicans being old rich white ppl would go away

43. TOTALCATFAN
    9:46 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Can’t we just enjoy UK basketball without all the political interjection. Cal did an interview for his book, OK, come on……. it’s not a political stance by any means.

44. HackRichards
    8:41 am April 15, 2014 Permalink

Sad part is we have Liberal Lexingtonians who would actually BOO Bill O’Reilly, who happens to be the most successful News Analyst of all time. I am a democrat by the way.