coach-cal-davis

One last funny bit from Cal’s appearance on KSR this morning (which you can listen to here), then we’ll move on. When asked about Rex Chapman’s tweet about the Lakers, Cal said that the team didn’t hear about it until after the game, at which point, he wondered why Rex would do that. Cal said he went up to Anthony Davis, who was with the team in the back, and joked that the only way he’d go to LA is if Davis came with him:

“The second thing I said to Anthony Davis, he was in the back, I said ‘the stuff with the Lakers isn’t true,’ and then I looked at him and said ‘unless you’ll come with me, maybe I would go.’ But I was only teasing, and he knew I was teasing.”

Haha, hilarious, Cal…now, can we please get the one-and-done rule changed??

11 Comments for Cal jokes that the only way he’d go to the Lakers is if Anthony Davis went with him

1. BBN LOVER
    2:38 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Hilarious…ha. But seriously I really do love the relationship he has with his previous players! They are all so special in their own way, but I really did love AD. Great guy and can you imagine if the 1 and done rule was a 2 year minimum when Davis was there…WOW!

2. Chaz
    2:42 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Laugh now, but unless AD gets a max contract it may come to pass. That would be a shame, cause I haven’t liked the Lakers since Pat Riley left.

• UKBlue1!
      3:05 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

N.Orleans has him for 10 years if they want him. All they have to do is pay the capped contracts that players can get. After ten years he is free to do what Lebron did to Cleveland.

• Roflectomy
      3:36 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Implying AD might not get a max contract…lmao.

• Chaz
      4:35 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

OK, I’m going to look really stupid here, but I’m not an NBA fan, so say what you like. John Wall and Demarcus Cousins just signed 65 Million Dollar contracts. Why can’t AD do the same after the same time elapses for him?

• Bledsoe's Biceps
      10:38 am April 15, 2014 Permalink

AD will get a max contract offer from the Pelicans, but it may take more than that to keep him in N.O. I bet he wants to see them take steps to build a more competitive team. If they don’t do that over the next 2 years, it won’t surprise me if AD becomes a fee agent and gets his max contract with a contending team.

3. A21catsFAN
    2:43 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I still have dreams about AD and Nerlens swatting countless shots and catching alley oops all night, playing together on the same team.

4. Rixter
    3:11 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

I just heard Pitino told Montrezl he’ll teach him how to play the point next year!

What a douchebag that man is

5. Tomas
    5:30 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

As a Laker fan I would be elated if Cal were able to bring Anthony Davis to LA. Don’t think Cal will fit as an NBA head coach but if he can bring AD I will take it.

6. Come on
    6:13 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

Very glad to know Anthony Davis was in the locker room.
    I had read about support from other past players but nothing about Davis. He is an absolute great person and player, his support is invaluable to the new players growth.
    Plus it shuts up the ” one and done guys don’t give a damn about the team and school”

7. ( . ) ( . )
    7:47 pm April 14, 2014 Permalink

While Davis would be a great start, the Lakers need to get rid of the washed up has been Kobe.