BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: Where are All Our Former Players? (2010-2013)

I did these posts a couple years back and got a great response, so I thought it might be a good time to do a little updating.  As UK fans, we love our past as much as we do our present and future, and we love to keep up with our former players.  But after 10 or so years, sometimes it becomes difficult to find our where these guys have gone.  Many hang around in the state, but most do not.  So, I did a little digging and found out the whereabouts of nearly every player who played in the program from 1990 on.  Today, we will look at the players from the 2010’s.

As you will see, there are a few players who I couldn’t find any recent information on and if anybody knows anything about these guys, please put it in the comments section.

2010

Nerlens Noel: Recovering from knee surgery on the Philadelphia 76ers
Kyle Wiltjer: Sitting out transfer year with Gonzaga University
Julius Mays: Playing for Mobyt Ferrara in Italy
Ryan Harrow: Playing for Georgia State University
Twanny Beckham: Wrote a Book, Looking to Act or Get into TV

Article written by Bryan the Intern

21 Comments for BTI’s Rants and Ramblings: Where are All Our Former Players? (2010-2013)

1. Musehobo
    9:15 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

I’m seeing a pattern here but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

2. LIKE
    9:17 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

I appreciate this segment.

3. JIMC
    9:20 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

JODY THOMPSON. WORKING FOR COMMUNITY TRUST BANK. LIVES IN PIKEVILLE KY.

4. Barry Soetoro
    9:24 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Like this “where are they now”, but could be better if you simply listed each year’s complete roster then what all players of that year are doing now. Not just the ones we already know about or can find on social media pages.

• JCP
      10:01 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

100% agree

• Lexington 3
      10:04 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Hey Barry, take a minute and think about what you just typed. This is a compilation list for the express purpose of saving the rest of us the trouble of looking up social media pages or doing other research. That is the whole point. It also already includes all of the players he found information on. Come on, Barry, think.

• Musehobo
      10:47 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

If you listed each year’s complete roster you would have dozens of repeats every year. That would be pointless and a waste of time. BTI’s “last year here” system is way better/

5. JoeMoney333
    9:29 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Stacy Poole, forgot all about that kid. Checked his stats, still not doing anything.

• WildCatRX7
      10:24 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Not only is Stacy not doing much at Georgia Tech, but his brother Solomon has been close to a complete bust there so far as well.

6. Matt jones
    9:36 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

BTI, you don’t get paid for this article….too easy (blame Cal)

7. Walden
    9:41 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

You pay him?

8. cracka
    10:14 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Twany

9. Al B. Frank
    10:20 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Troll posting “Enes Kanter isn’t a former UK player” in 3… 2…

• Troll
      11:07 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Enes Kanter isn’t a former UK player

10. A Harrison
    10:21 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Harrow is putting up 18 points & 5 assists for Georgia State in the Sun Belt Conference (whaaaaa??)

• Musehobo
      10:51 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Sure. Ever play pickup ball? I do every week. When the starting center for my old high school team guards me (He’s 6’9″, and played college ball) I can’t do crap. When Bob the orthodontist guards me, I look like LeBron (not really, but you get the point). Dude played against SEC every day. Now he plays Poop State.

• Blueblood
      10:56 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Maybe I am crazy but I wish we still had Harrow at UK. I know he wouldn’t be our starter this year, but I think he might have blossomed in a role off the bench, like Poythress is doing this year. I think a year of action with the spotlight not shining so bright on him would have done him well, and we could use his experience off the bench this year. The kid is a little soft mentally, but he does have talent, and he seemed like a good kid. I am glad he is doing well!

• Elwood Blues
      11:10 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Musehobo – Probably the funniest comment I’ve read in a while. Bob the orthodontist, Poop State..hahaha.

Blueblood – I think that as well. With the pressure off I bet he would’ve done much better. But honestly, I like how Polson is doing. He gets in there, plays hard, sufficient D, no turnovers, hits a few threes. Jarrod will go down as a fan favorite.

• Mudcreekmark
      11:54 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Harrow is also shooting 25% from three point line.

11. Mr. Wrestling II
    11:43 am January 23, 2014 Permalink

Raise your hand if you bought Twany Beckham’s book and are not related to him . . .

12. sonate sidiki
    7:00 pm January 23, 2014 Permalink

DEAR SIR;

WE ARE BARRY LOCAL GOLD MINERS FROM THE REPUBLIC OF SIERRA LEONE.

WE HAVE GOLD AND DIAMOND FOR SALE, WE NEED AN INTERESTED BUYER.CONTACT
    US THROUGH OUR EMAIL ADRESS FOR YOUR MORE DETAILS.

.PRODUCT: GOLD DUST/GOLD BAR

QUANTITY: 250 Kilos

QUALITY: 22+ CARATS PLUS

PRICE: USD$ 30,000. USD PER KG.

ORIGIN: WEST AFRICA (Sierra Leone)

PURITY: 96.8% .