Bracketology Roundup: Kentucky still a 2-seed

After a seven-game winning streak, Kentucky’s holding steady as a two-seed in the latest NCAA Tournament projections. ESPN’s Joe Lunardi still has the Cats in the East Region opposite No. 1 seed Duke, setting up a potentially epic rematch in Washington D.C.:

The Athletic debuted their new bracketology today, which also has Duke and Kentucky as No. 1 and No. 2 in the East:

CBS Sports’ Jerry Palm also has the Cats as the two-seed in the East, but Michigan as the No. 1 seed:

Are Kentucky and Duke destined to meet in the tournament? If the TV networks have anything to say about it, yes, but I just hope it doesn’t happen until the Final Four.

[mobile_ad]

21 Comments for Bracketology Roundup: Kentucky still a 2-seed

1. SuperTroy18
    10:04 am February 1, 2019 Permalink

I think most of BBN would love to see our Cats take on Puke in the Tourney. Whether it’s a Regional Final like in ‘92 or ‘98 to get to FF or even the Championship Game, it’ll likely mean that we are well past the first weekend and playin for number 9!

• Ridge Runner
      2:50 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Yes.. and to enjoy some major payback!

2. Wildcat_blues1029
    10:12 am February 1, 2019 Permalink

Love to see us play Duke again but knowing how our past tourney sets up think we’ll definitely be 1 and 2 in same bracket. Those 2 Tennessee games coming up are huge for our tourney situation if we want to have a shot at playing in Louisville to get to the Final instead of D.C.

3. Swizzle
    10:20 am February 1, 2019 Permalink

Hot take, Duke doesnt make the elite 8. One thing K is great at is choking with good teams. Put us wherever, I trust cal.

• unbridled
      12:29 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

I could totally see that happening.

• unbridled
      12:29 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

I trust cal as well. Let’s ball.

• IrishCat
      1:03 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Been saying (and hoping for) that all year.

• RealCatsFan
      1:48 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

I’m on board with that. And maybe it would shut a few people up.

4. UKPROF
    10:48 am February 1, 2019 Permalink

I’m thinking we should just go undefeated the rest of the season and get a #1 seed.

• IrishCat
      11:19 am February 1, 2019 Permalink

I’m sure you’ll be more than happy to remind everyone if we don’t.

• 4everUKblue
      12:04 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

UKPROF is among the biggest trolls on this site, never has anything positive to say.

• unbridled
      12:31 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

I say, let the team continue to improve (with their talent and current attitude, the sky is the limit) and not worry about seeding.

5. notFromhere
    11:06 am February 1, 2019 Permalink

If this were a REAL tournament, they’d seed the teams and build the brackets based on resume without the names showing. Instead they focus on matchups they want, number of viewers nationally, giving the ACC the best path, giving the Big 10 and ACC a home court advantage, and making sure UK travels farther than they should 3 of every 4 years.

NCAA.IS.A.JOKE.

6. UKLugo
    11:22 am February 1, 2019 Permalink

Dont like that ESPN one. We’d have a hard time making it to the Regional Final where Duke would cake walk through their path there.

7. Brad
    12:51 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

What? That espn is a cake walk for both teams if we can’t beat fsu and winner of Purdue vs buffalo you must think we suck or something.. we should go through that easily

• RAGE
      4:16 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Agree Brad I think Duke-Kentucky matchup is a definite in that bracket… Plus I think Duke and Kentucky are destined to happen again this year… I really hope we do get another shot… We are a different team and Duke will never shoot again the way they shot it against us the first game of the season… I mean give them credit they shot the lights out against us and we forgot to show up…

• UKLugo
      5:24 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

When FSU is on point, they are very dangerous. They have a lot of athletes and boast a 7’4 mammoth inside.
      Purdue has a First team All American and they are starting to hit their stride. Preseason Top 10 team.
      If you haven’t seen Buffalo play yet, you should. They are good. Not as good as us, but plenty good to beat us on a given day. Plenty.

8. Mathlete
    2:31 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Is the NCAA still doing their preview of the top 16 seeds during the season?

9. somerset bill
    3:25 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

If anyone were to actually be pulling the strings behind the scenes to create matchups, I would think, this year at least, that they would prefer UK vs. Duke to happen in the final four. For epicness.

10. MaroonsBy90
    3:38 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

Would love to have the CBS bracket. Don’t want duke again unless we have to.

11. njCat
    5:06 pm February 1, 2019 Permalink

What, no Seton Hall? That would put every team we’ve lost to in our bracket.